ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 20 of 100
« First < 101617181920 212223243070 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>CBS: The Bills are the team no one, including the Chiefs wants to see in the playoffs
diqlix 09:12 AM 01-04-2021
Mentions the Chiefs several times, so figured you guys would want to see it.

The Bills are the team no one, including the Chiefs wants to see in the playoffs

Forget the Ravens. Forget the Bucs. The team you don't want to play in January is the Buffalo Bills.

With all due respect to the Packers, the AFC's No. 2 overall seed may very well be the second-best team in the NFL.

The Bills crushed the Dolphins 56-26 in a game Miami needed for their playoff hopes. And maybe we didn't see a 30-point win coming, but it's in line with what the Bills have been doing to teams in recent weeks.

Buffalo has had a top-five scoring defense since Week 12. If not for the Hail Murray they would have finished on a 10-game win streak dating back to before Halloween.

And then there's Josh Allen. The third-year franchise quarterback has, in consecutive weeks, set the Bills single-season records for passing touchdowns and passing yards.

What I love most about the Bills is that they aren't even letting teams hang around. Since that Week 10 loss to the Cardinals, not a single team has finished within a possession of the Bills.

I go back to that Week 6 loss to the Chiefs. Head coach Sean McDermott picked his poison and let the Chiefs' run game beat them up so that Patrick Mahomes wouldn't. Kansas City rushed for 245 yards and Mahomes passed for 225 yards.

But with about 5 minutes left in the game and down 23-17, the Bills forced a Clyde Edwards-Helaire fumble that would have given the Bills the ball at the Kansas City 31.

They would have had a chance to take the lead against the Chiefs there. But instead, the replay showed Edwards-Helaire's knee was down just before the ball came out. Mahomes took the Chiefs down for the field goal and that provided the final margin of victory.

Allen is a better quarterback today than he was then. The defense is playing far better ball. And after sweeping the Patriots and beating the likes of the Seahawks and Steelers, the Bills now know how to win big games.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/t...insider-notes/
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:39 PM 01-04-2021
Originally Posted by Buffalonative76:
Missing your top 2 corners and talking about watkins...chiefs should have had no problems passing against old Josh Norman and a practice squad cb
They didn't have any problem. Mahomes was 21/26 For 225, 2 TD's and 0 Ints in a game in game in which they just ran it down your throats.

You wanna talk about Allen vs the Chiefs banged up defense though?
[Reply]
smithandrew051 03:39 PM 01-04-2021
Originally Posted by daquix:
No.

Pro-Football-Reference doesn't use Strength of Schedule. They use the Simple Rating System. it literally says it right in the glossary.

As for true SOS, the Chiefs .465 is the 3rd easiest in the conference.

https://www.espn.com.au/nfl/table/_/view/playoff
You do understand the key issue with SOS right?
[Reply]
diqlix 03:40 PM 01-04-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Disruptive in the middle of the defensive line, ability to rush 4 and play coverage without getting gouged by the running game, decent running game, efficient passing.

The only wildcard is Rivers.

The Bills either have to blitz or they have to play coverage. They can't stop the run in their base package, let alone dropping 6 or 7 on every play.

There's nothing the Bills can do scheme wise to make up for that. It's the same issue the Ravens have and that's why they're 0-3 against Mahomes.
Yeah I don't share your concern for Indi.

In fact, using Pro-Football-Reference's simple rating system, Indi has the lowest SOS.

Which is what I said earlier -they got to the playoffs by beating garbage teams like the Jags, Bengals, Jets, Bears, etc.

Their run game is good, but their pass game - 24 TD's all season - not too worried about.
[Reply]
diqlix 03:40 PM 01-04-2021
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
You do understand the key issue with SOS right?
I know it's limitations. I didn't bring up SOS. Someone else did. I just confirmed the statistic.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:41 PM 01-04-2021
Originally Posted by DRM08:
What do you think of the Browns? I think they could be a sneaky tough matchup for KC. Browns have similar power running game to the Raiders, and they have the play action passing game to get into a pretty good shootout like the Raiders did with KC.
The Browns don't have the horses for a shootout and they don't have the defense to keep the score down.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 03:41 PM 01-04-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
You wanna talk about Allen vs the Chiefs banged up defense though?
Considering Josh Allen's stat line was 14/27, 122 yards and 4.5 yards per pass, I am guessing he doesn't.
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:41 PM 01-04-2021
You really have a problem with any thinking beyond raw numbers, don't you?

There's more to football than box scores.
It's the sign of a fan who's in way over his head.

He needs Google to generate his arguments for him.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:42 PM 01-04-2021

In fact, using Pro-Football-Reference's simple rating system, Indi has the lowest SOS.

Which is what I said earlier -they got to the playoffs by beating garbage teams like the Jags, Bengals, Jets, Bears, etc.

Their run game is good, but their pass game - 24 TD's all season - not too worried about.
It's really going to hurt when they beat your Bills then, isn't it?
[Reply]
diqlix 03:42 PM 01-04-2021
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
In other words your arrogance was exposed and you tried to spin and run from it.

I hope you don't go into hiding again for nine years after the Bills inevitable flame out in the playoffs.
Sad.

Repeat after me.

"Sorry man, I guess I misread it."
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:42 PM 01-04-2021
Originally Posted by Buffalonative76:
Missing your top 2 corners and talking about watkins...chiefs should have had no problems passing against old Josh Norman and a practice squad cb
Were we missing out two starting corners? I don't recall that. Not sure how that helps the argument though.

My point about Hill and Watkins was that both our WR1 and WR2 were injured for that game. Watkins didn't even play i think, and Hill played sparingly. Essentially you saw D. Robinson (WR3), Byron Pringle (WR5), and Kelce.

And I didn't say that the Chiefs had trouble throwing the ball, because they didn't. Patrick still threw 21/26 (80% completion%), 225 yds, a pair of TDs, no INTs, an 88.0 QBR, and a 128.4 P-RTG.

What did Allen do? Oh yeah, about a 50% completion%, 122 yds, a 4.5yds/att average, and a 73.4 P-RTG.

Insert our WR1 and WR2 and you could reasonably expect Mahomes would've added another 75-100 yds and at least another TD or two to those numbers.

So you're right about one thing: the game didn't go as well as the Chiefs would've expected. They should've scored 35+ that day.
[Reply]
diqlix 03:42 PM 01-04-2021
It's really going to hurt when they beat your Bills then, isn't it?
That would definitely hurt.

Don't see it happening though.

I'll be surprised if the Bills don't win by double digits.

Their own fans think Buffalo is going to blow them out.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 03:43 PM 01-04-2021

Indy did handily beat the same Tennessee team that smacked down your Bills team.

Your dismissal of Indy as a threat seems... what's the word... arrogant.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:44 PM 01-04-2021
Bills are going to beat everybody by double digits!
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 03:44 PM 01-04-2021
I’m happy for the Bills to finally make it back to the playoffs.

If I didn’t have a playoff victory in over 15 years I wouldn’t be talking smack about a potential AFC championship victory. You will have your hands full with the Colts.

It’s bullshit they didn’t get the prime time slot.
[Reply]
diqlix 03:44 PM 01-04-2021
You really have a problem with any thinking beyond raw numbers, don't you?

There's more to football than box scores.
Other poster: Chiefs have one of the lowest SOS

htismaqe: No they don't

daquix: Surprisingly, they do

htismaqe: No they don't

daquix: yeah they do, here's the proof

htismaq: You really have a problem thinkin beyond raw numbers, dont you?

uh.... all I did was confirm something that you were denying. If you had a problem with the stat, just say that in the first place. Don't deny that it exists lol
[Reply]
Page 20 of 100
« First < 101617181920 212223243070 > Last »
Up