ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 19 of 100
« First < 91516171819 202122232969 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>CBS: The Bills are the team no one, including the Chiefs wants to see in the playoffs
diqlix 09:12 AM 01-04-2021
Mentions the Chiefs several times, so figured you guys would want to see it.

The Bills are the team no one, including the Chiefs wants to see in the playoffs

Forget the Ravens. Forget the Bucs. The team you don't want to play in January is the Buffalo Bills.

With all due respect to the Packers, the AFC's No. 2 overall seed may very well be the second-best team in the NFL.

The Bills crushed the Dolphins 56-26 in a game Miami needed for their playoff hopes. And maybe we didn't see a 30-point win coming, but it's in line with what the Bills have been doing to teams in recent weeks.

Buffalo has had a top-five scoring defense since Week 12. If not for the Hail Murray they would have finished on a 10-game win streak dating back to before Halloween.

And then there's Josh Allen. The third-year franchise quarterback has, in consecutive weeks, set the Bills single-season records for passing touchdowns and passing yards.

What I love most about the Bills is that they aren't even letting teams hang around. Since that Week 10 loss to the Cardinals, not a single team has finished within a possession of the Bills.

I go back to that Week 6 loss to the Chiefs. Head coach Sean McDermott picked his poison and let the Chiefs' run game beat them up so that Patrick Mahomes wouldn't. Kansas City rushed for 245 yards and Mahomes passed for 225 yards.

But with about 5 minutes left in the game and down 23-17, the Bills forced a Clyde Edwards-Helaire fumble that would have given the Bills the ball at the Kansas City 31.

They would have had a chance to take the lead against the Chiefs there. But instead, the replay showed Edwards-Helaire's knee was down just before the ball came out. Mahomes took the Chiefs down for the field goal and that provided the final margin of victory.

Allen is a better quarterback today than he was then. The defense is playing far better ball. And after sweeping the Patriots and beating the likes of the Seahawks and Steelers, the Bills now know how to win big games.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/t...insider-notes/
[Reply]
diqlix 03:32 PM 01-04-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Wrong.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2020/
No.

Pro-Football-Reference doesn't use Strength of Schedule. They use the Simple Rating System. it literally says it right in the glossary.

As for true SOS, the Chiefs .465 is the 3rd easiest in the conference.

https://www.espn.com.au/nfl/table/_/view/playoff
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:32 PM 01-04-2021
They already beat the Bills.

With their B game.

The Chiefs are a terrible matchup for the Bills.

Indy is a much worse matchup for the Chiefs.
[Reply]
diqlix 03:33 PM 01-04-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Did you miss the game? We barely threw the ball because your coach was so scared of our passing offense.

You get to see the Chiefs actual passing offense in playoff mode soon enough. Hint: we can score more than one TD against the Texans...

:-)
For the new fans here.

Just ignore MahomesMagic.

He "became" a Chiefs fan 2 years ago.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:33 PM 01-04-2021
Originally Posted by daquix:
No.

Pro-Football-Reference doesn't use Strength of Schedule. They use the Simple Rating System. it literally says it right in the glossary.

As for true SOS, the Chiefs .465 is the 3rd easiest in the conference.

https://www.espn.com.au/nfl/table/_/view/playoff
SRS is an actual qualitative measurement, not a a quantitative one.

It takes into account matchups.

Which of course, you don't care about because you only read box scores.
[Reply]
diqlix 03:34 PM 01-04-2021
They already beat the Bills.

With their B game.

The Chiefs are a terrible matchup for the Bills.

Indy is a much worse matchup for the Chiefs.
What about the Indi matchup worries you most?
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 03:35 PM 01-04-2021
Yes, I don't think the Chiefs would want to play the Bills.

If they could PICK, i'm sure they'd rather play the Dolphins or Browns or some other weaker team.

That doesn't mean they can't beat the Bills.

That doesn't mean they're not better than the Bills.

That doens't mean they're not going to the Super Bowl.

It just means, they would rather play someone else to get there, because it would be an easier path.

I can get to work by driving through 5 tolls. But I can also get there by driving through 3 tolls.

Either way, i'll get there.

Nothing is stopping me.

But I'td be easier to go through 3 tolls.

This is not a hard concept.
Maybe you should worry about your Bills team's path to even have a chance to play the Chiefs... i.e. winning two playoff games, before offering your thoughts on a potential Chiefs-Bills match-up.

Winning two playoff games is a steep mountain to climb for a franchise whose last playoff win was against Don Shula 26 years ago (and spoiler alert... Don Shula is dead).
[Reply]
diqlix 03:35 PM 01-04-2021
SRS is an actual qualitative measurement, not a a quantitative one.

It takes into account matchups.

Which of course, you don't care about because you only read box scores.
Yes, but it's not actual SOS.

SOS is calculated and determined by the NFL.

It's an actual stat and determines playoff seedings in the even of ties.

You cant just use any willy-nilly alternative stat you want and claim he is wrong.

He was right - although it surprised me - that the Chiefs had the 3rd lowest SOS in the AFC.
[Reply]
carcosa 03:36 PM 01-04-2021
It's so funny how these Bills dorks are saying the exact same shit Titans and 49ers fans were saying last year right before getting beat and disappearing forever lmao
[Reply]
diqlix 03:36 PM 01-04-2021
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Maybe you should worry about your Bills team's path to even have a chance to play the Chiefs... i.e. winning two playoff games, before offering your thoughts on a potential Chiefs-Bills match-up.

Winning two playoff games is a steep mountain to climb for a franchise whose last playoff win was against Don Shula 26 years ago (and spoiler alert... Don Shula is dead).
In other words: Crap I was wrong, but I'm too prideful to admit it.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:36 PM 01-04-2021
What about the Indi matchup worries you most?
Disruptive in the middle of the defensive line, ability to rush 4 and play coverage without getting gouged by the running game, decent running game, efficient passing.

The only wildcard is Rivers.

The Bills either have to blitz or they have to play coverage. They can't stop the run in their base package, let alone dropping 6 or 7 on every play.

There's nothing the Bills can do scheme wise to make up for that. It's the same issue the Ravens have and that's why they're 0-3 against Mahomes.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:37 PM 01-04-2021
Yes, but it's not actual SOS.

SOS is calculated and determined by the NFL.

It's an actual stat and determines playoff seedings in the even of ties.

You cant just use any willy-nilly alternative stat you want and claim he is wrong.

He was right - although it surprised me - that the Chiefs had the 3rd lowest SOS in the AFC.
You really have a problem with any thinking beyond raw numbers, don't you?

There's more to football than box scores.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 03:38 PM 01-04-2021
In other words: Crap I was wrong, but I'm too prideful to admit it.
In other words your arrogance was exposed and you tried to spin and run from it.

I hope you don't go into hiding again for nine years after the Bills inevitable flame out in the playoffs.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 03:38 PM 01-04-2021
Originally Posted by Buffalonative76:
Missing your top 2 corners and talking about watkins...chiefs should have had no problems passing against old Josh Norman and a practice squad cb
Lol Mahomes completed over 80 percent of his passes with an 88 QBR and a 128 Rating. He had absolutely no issues passing in that game, even considering the conditions.

Mahomes only had 26 attempts though (his second lowest total of the season, second only to a game with 2 return TDs which took away possessions against Denver), because the Chiefs were absolutely gashing the Bills on the ground.

Every KC RB averaged over 4 yards per carry (CEH averaged over 6 yards per carry) while neither Buffalo RB averaged even 3.5 yards per carry.

What a stupid fucking comment from a stupid fucking idiot.
[Reply]
DRM08 03:38 PM 01-04-2021
Disruptive in the middle of the defensive line, ability to rush 4 and play coverage without getting gouged by the running game, decent running game, efficient passing.

The only wildcard is Rivers.

The Bills either have to blitz or they have to play coverage. They can't stop the run in their base package, let alone dropping 6 or 7 on every play.

There's nothing the Bills can do scheme wise to make up for that. It's the same issue the Ravens have and that's why they're 0-3 against Mahomes.
What do you think of the Browns? I think they could be a sneaky tough matchup for KC. Browns have similar power running game to the Raiders, and they have the play action passing game to get into a pretty good shootout like the Raiders did with KC.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 03:39 PM 01-04-2021
why do these fucking trolls come here?

It's tiresome.

Go talk on your own board.

This board is for fans of the World Champion Kansas City Chiefs.
[Reply]
Page 19 of 100
« First < 91516171819 202122232969 > Last »
Up