ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 100
« First < 289101112 131415162262 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>CBS: The Bills are the team no one, including the Chiefs wants to see in the playoffs
diqlix 09:12 AM 01-04-2021
Mentions the Chiefs several times, so figured you guys would want to see it.

The Bills are the team no one, including the Chiefs wants to see in the playoffs

Forget the Ravens. Forget the Bucs. The team you don't want to play in January is the Buffalo Bills.

With all due respect to the Packers, the AFC's No. 2 overall seed may very well be the second-best team in the NFL.

The Bills crushed the Dolphins 56-26 in a game Miami needed for their playoff hopes. And maybe we didn't see a 30-point win coming, but it's in line with what the Bills have been doing to teams in recent weeks.

Buffalo has had a top-five scoring defense since Week 12. If not for the Hail Murray they would have finished on a 10-game win streak dating back to before Halloween.

And then there's Josh Allen. The third-year franchise quarterback has, in consecutive weeks, set the Bills single-season records for passing touchdowns and passing yards.

What I love most about the Bills is that they aren't even letting teams hang around. Since that Week 10 loss to the Cardinals, not a single team has finished within a possession of the Bills.

I go back to that Week 6 loss to the Chiefs. Head coach Sean McDermott picked his poison and let the Chiefs' run game beat them up so that Patrick Mahomes wouldn't. Kansas City rushed for 245 yards and Mahomes passed for 225 yards.

But with about 5 minutes left in the game and down 23-17, the Bills forced a Clyde Edwards-Helaire fumble that would have given the Bills the ball at the Kansas City 31.

They would have had a chance to take the lead against the Chiefs there. But instead, the replay showed Edwards-Helaire's knee was down just before the ball came out. Mahomes took the Chiefs down for the field goal and that provided the final margin of victory.

Allen is a better quarterback today than he was then. The defense is playing far better ball. And after sweeping the Patriots and beating the likes of the Seahawks and Steelers, the Bills now know how to win big games.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/t...insider-notes/
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:24 PM 01-04-2021
Originally Posted by daquix:
I'm on the Colts forum.

It's very boring.

It's a hundred posts of "The Bills are going to destroy us", "This game won't even be close", "Buffalo is going to mop the floor with us".
:-)

So you ARE a troll.
[Reply]
diqlix 02:27 PM 01-04-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:

So you ARE a troll.
I'm a troll because I read what Colts fans are saying?

Do you actually know what that word means?
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 02:33 PM 01-04-2021
I noticed your join date is 2018. Did you become a Chiefs fan once they became good?
Never had an NFL team until a buddy took me to a Sunday Night game at Arrowhead in 2014. Chiefs got waxed by the Donks that night, but I fell in love with the stadium and the fans. Adopted the Chiefs as my team that night and have gone to at least one (usually two) games every season since then, including the 2016 and 2017 playoff disasters. Lurked on this board for several years before joining in 2018. So i've been around, though not always visible.

On a semi-related note, I noticed you've barely posted here in nearly a decade before this season. Are you a front running bitch, or did you just forget your login info for 10 years?
[Reply]
tredadda 02:34 PM 01-04-2021
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
Bills better do something this year (they won't), because expect some serious regression from Allen once Daboll leaves.
Expect Buffalo to regress some when they have to pay Allen $40+ million a year.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 02:34 PM 01-04-2021
You're using your thoughts on him from when he was in college FOUR years ago, to talk about what he is doing RIGHT NOW?

Tyreek Hill played for Garden City Community College. Should we talk about that too?

Of course not. Players evolve.

How ridiculous.

That's not true at all.

In any way.

Craig Bohl (the coach) said that they were extremely limited because the line would give Josh practically no time.

He was being hit as he stepped back.

Do you just make things up for fun?

Kaepernick NEVER did what Allen has done this season.

Ever.

Kaep's BEST season ever was 3,700 yards and 25 TD's.

Allen has just shy of 5,000 total yards and 46 TD's.

Not even in the same ballpark.

You're literally referencing game-tape that is nearly 2 years old at this point.

You don't see the absurdity in that?

I don't disagree that Allen struggled mightily at times his first 2 years.

I'm sure you'll pull up tape of him having a bad game in Pee-Wee football to justify your point at some time.

But RIGHT NOW, THIS YEAR, he has not been doing that.

Does he have a bad game or two? Sure. Everyone does. Mahomes has 4 INT's in the last 3 games. It happens.

But never, at any point, did Allen struggle reading defenses.

That was not a thing.

His eyes were never "slow".

Allen's struggles were accuracy and anticipation.

He, most of the time, threw to the right player.

He diagnosed the play and threw to the right guy, but it was either not in the right spot, or simply not accurate.

THAT was his problem.

Allen did not have 5,000 yards and 46 TD's this year by throwing to 1 read quick bangers.

The Bills played FOUR top-10 defenses this year:

Rams
Steelers
Dolphins
Patriots

He had 311 yards and 5 TD's against the Rams.
He had 265 yard, 2 TD's and 1 INT against the Steelers
He had 470 yards, 5 TD's and 1 INT against the Patriots.
He had 650 yards, 7 TD's and 1 INT against the Dolphins (in one half).

Against top 10 defenses this year, Allen had 19 TD's and 3 INT's.

LINK: https://www.pro-football-reference.c...s/2020/opp.htm

Summary

It's clear as day that you are going to just make things up until the cows come home and lie lie lie to make a point, and I'm not interested in having a conversation with someone who uses deceit to attempt to sound smart.

You're more than welcome to have the last word and throw in a few more lies. I won't be responding.
Bortles best year had similar passing TD's than Josh Allen. So what?

your thoughts on him from when he was in college

Yes, it's called evaluating the entire body of work. You evaluate all of that and then include NFL work as well. That way you get the most accurate view of a player. I realize why you would want amnesia on Josh Allen.

The fact is that players don't change that much from college with rare exceptions.

Tyreek Hill is an exception. Steve Smith was an exception. Both learned to run routes. Usually WR's don't get better at that.

Same thing with QB's. Tom Brady came out of college with elite processing. So did Drew Brees. The problem for QB's that are super cerebral is that the mental traits take LONGER to appear in the NFL as they adjust to NFL speed. The physical traits show up right away. Josh Allen has superb physical traits.

And those traits showed up right away. Big body, big arm. Pre-snap is work ethic. Post-snap is processing, it's what you can't teach. What does happen is super fast processing QB's learn the NFL games and then eventually get back to the college level they were at.

But never, at any point, did Allen struggle reading defenses.

So I can see you came here to troll and have fun and now it's not so fun anymore, is it?!

BTW, you are right not to compare Kaep to Allen yet. Kaep didn't choke as bad as Allen in the playoffs.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:34 PM 01-04-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:

So you ARE a troll.
Just figured this out?
[Reply]
Buffalonative76 02:36 PM 01-04-2021
Ok what really bugs me that is not being mentioned is the last game kc and Buffalo met up Allen had a separated shoulder,bills had 7 starters out including Matt milano,tre white,levi Wallace,John brown and a banged up Edmunds playing at like 50%.....if you think Buffalo got to be 13-3 by being that same team the chiefs played earlier you are in for one heck of a surprise.....Bills are 10 times better now take it for what its worth
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 02:37 PM 01-04-2021
I'm on the Colts forum.

It's very boring.

It's a hundred posts of "The Bills are going to destroy us", "This game won't even be close", "Buffalo is going to mop the floor with us".

They're the most negative fanbase I've seen.
You obviously prefer to avoid negativity by hiding when your team loses.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 02:38 PM 01-04-2021
Originally Posted by Buffalonative76:
Ok what really bugs me that is not being mentioned is the last game kc and Buffalo met up Allen had a separated shoulder,bills had 7 starters out including Matt milano,tre white,levi Wallace,John brown and a banged up Edmunds playing at like 50%.....if you think Buffalo got to be 13-3 by being that same team the chiefs played earlier you are in for one heck of a surprise.....Bills are 10 times better now take it for what its worth
Seriously?

You want to use injuries as an excuse for that first Bills/Chiefs game?

The Chiefs were missing half of their starting offensive line and played without Sammy Watkins.
[Reply]
loochy 02:39 PM 01-04-2021

a bag full of dicks - eat it

a fire - die in one

antifreeze - drink it
[Reply]
ModSocks 02:41 PM 01-04-2021
Cool excuse. Here was us:

Anthony Hitchens LB Illness
Kelechi Osemele G Knees
Sammy Watkins WR Hamstring
Rashad Fenton CB Shoulder
Eric Fisher T Shoulder
Mecole Hardnman WR Ankle
Tyreek Hill WR Heel
Chris Jones DT Groin
Nick Keizer TE Shoulder
Derrick Nnadi DT Ankle
Austin Reiter C Knee
Charvarius Ward CB Hand
Mitchell Schwartz T Back
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 02:41 PM 01-04-2021
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Seriously?

You want to use injuries as an excuse for that first Bills/Chiefs game?

The Chiefs were missing half of their starting offensive line and played without Sammy Watkins.
Buffalo met up Allen had a separated shoulder

His non-throwing shoulder had a boo boo.

Buffalo fans are desperate to explain why their QB could not complete basic passes. I guess if you don't know that's a good excuse to throw out there.
[Reply]
diqlix 02:41 PM 01-04-2021
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
Never had an NFL team until a buddy took me to a Sunday Night game at Arrowhead in 2014. Chiefs got waxed by the Donks that night, but I fell in love with the stadium and the fans. Adopted the Chiefs as my team that night and have gone to at least one (usually two) games every season since then, including the 2016 and 2017 playoff disasters. Lurked on this board for several years before joining in 2018. So i've been around, though not always visible.

On a semi-related note, I noticed you've barely posted here in nearly a decade before this season. Are you a front running bitch, or did you just forget your login info for 10 years?
So you became a fan when they got good. Gotcha.
[Reply]
diqlix 02:43 PM 01-04-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Cool excuse. Here was us:

Anthony Hitchens LB Illness
Kelechi Osemele G Knees
Sammy Watkins WR Hamstring
Rashad Fenton CB Shoulder
Eric Fisher T Shoulder
Mecole Hardnman WR Ankle
Tyreek Hill WR Heel
Chris Jones DT Groin
Nick Keizer TE Shoulder
Derrick Nnadi DT Ankle
Austin Reiter C Knee
Charvarius Ward CB Hand
Mitchell Schwartz T Back
He wasn't talking about every player that had a boo-boo.

He was talking about actual starters being OUT.

As in, not playing at all.

Bills had 7 starters OUT.
[Reply]
Spott 02:43 PM 01-04-2021
Nobody here gives a shit. Go fist your dog.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 100
« First < 289101112 131415162262 > Last »
Up