ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 39
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2021 General Fitness thread
Buehler445 11:48 AM 01-02-2021
How's everyone's 2021? These threads have been full of good stuff in years past.

What are we doing this year?
[Reply]
loochy 03:10 PM 01-11-2021
Originally Posted by penguinz:
As long as your Estradiol is in check it isn't that bad.

Yeah, it is. Actually, I'm becoming a fan of higher-ish E2, as long as I'm not getting bloat/high blood pressure or sexual sides. I feel better physically and mentally and there are many proven neuroprotective and cardioprotective benefits to not dropping e2 low.

I'm to the point now where injecting 3x a week is enough to not need an AI at all.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 03:12 PM 01-11-2021
I've worked out regularly for about 10 years. I'd say im decently strong and fairly big but carrying a lot of extra lbs. I was running 2 miles a day until about july, Plantar Fasciitis is kicking my ass. I think im gonna start swimming to shed some lbs, any pointers or input i appreciated. Also some strength size routines are always appreciated i feel like im in a rut.
[Reply]
chinaski 03:13 PM 01-11-2021
Not changing a thing. I run everyday, anywhere between 3 and 10 miles. Body weight exercises, crunches and free weights 4-5 days a week. My diet is clean. I weigh about 180, plus or minus a few pounds. I'm in pretty dang good shape for a dude in my mid 40's. :-)
[Reply]
loochy 03:14 PM 01-11-2021
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
I've worked out regularly for about 10 years. I'd say im decently strong and fairly big but carrying a lot of extra lbs. I was running 2 miles a day until about july, Plantar Fasciitis is kicking my ass. I think im gonna start swimming to shed some lbs, any pointers or input i appreciated. Also some strength size routines are always appreciated i feel like im in a rut.

PF sucks and there's really no good cure besides rest. Some things can help, like orthotics and stretching, but you have to rest it. Try some strassburg socks - those helped me.
[Reply]
Buehler445 03:47 PM 01-11-2021
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
Fuck Plantar Fasciitis.

When I was still trying to play ball, I'd tape it like this. There are some different kinds of tapes these days that I know nothing about, and different strategies, but this definitely helped me. Just make sure to wash and dry your foot first and put your sock on while you're sitting down before you move. It takes a minute, especially when you haven't done it too many times, and nothing is more irritating than starting over.

I've done some myofascial release. Meh

Cold packs will help if you fire it up and it is hurting, but at that point the damage is done.

There are lots of stretching. It is certainly worthwhile.

I did orthotics for awhile, and they were so hard, when I'd stand on concrete (which I do) they'd just inflame it because there was no cushion. Maybe you can come up with better options. So I'm better off just getting some really good support shoes which have some cushion. I've gotten along with brooks and Salamon, but everybody's foot is different.

I tried these arch support things that went around my foot, it just shifted around and hurt really bad.

Plantar Fasciitis is the devil.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 04:06 PM 01-11-2021
Another question I met to ask I've been struggling hitting my water intake. Bought some Mio sp? Wanted enhancer. Is there any downside to that stuff? Makes the water taste fucking delicious.
[Reply]
loochy 04:17 PM 01-11-2021
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Another question I met to ask I've been struggling hitting my water intake. Bought some Mio sp? Wanted enhancer. Is there any downside to that stuff? Makes the water taste fucking delicious.

It makes you pee a lot because of the B vitamins.

There's always debate about artificial sweeteners if you care about that.

But hey, if it helps you drink then it's better than not using it. Try to use as little as possible though...or maybe wean yourself down until you don't need to use it anymore.
[Reply]
lewdog 04:18 PM 01-11-2021
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
No.

Don’t go through an entire bottle a day and it’s fine to use. I flavor 32oz daily with it and get my remaining water plain. It helps me meet my water intake too.
[Reply]
Marcellus 04:39 PM 01-11-2021
Originally Posted by loochy:
PF sucks and there's really no good cure besides rest. Some things can help, like orthotics and stretching, but you have to rest it. Try some strassburg socks - those helped me.
I have PF in my left foot right now, acted up a couple days ago its been years since the last time I've had it. I've had PF probably 3 or 4 separate times, once in both feet at at the same time. I've been a distance runner for almost 10 years. Always been able to run through it while doing different treatments like sleeping in arch compression socks (not strassburg) rolling it out on a golf ball, orthotics, eccentric calf stretches etc...in fact the less running I did the worse it got. I typically only get it when my mileage drops between 20-25 miles a week for a while. As my running ramps back up it goes away. Pure rest to get rid of PF simply takes too long and isn't an option in my world.

Also I switched to Hokas a few years back, this is the first time I've had PF since then. I slightly twisted my left ankle last week and may be compensating when running and created the issue now that I think about it.
[Reply]
Marcellus 04:47 PM 01-11-2021
Originally Posted by chinaski:
Not changing a thing. I run everyday, anywhere between 3 and 10 miles. Body weight exercises, crunches and free weights 4-5 days a week. My diet is clean. I weigh about 180, plus or minus a few pounds. I'm in pretty dang good shape for a dude in my mid 40's. :-)
Sounds very much like me. I was an avid lifter who started running and now run more but still lift 3 or 4 times a week with some good core work mixed in. Been working on deadlift and squat strength lately which is a hoot when running all the time as well.

5'11" 185 at about 13-15% BF right now but plan to get that down some the next few months. No idea why at this point to be honest.
[Reply]
loochy 04:51 PM 01-11-2021
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
I have PF in my left foot right now, acted up a couple days ago its been years since the last time I've had it. I've had PF probably 3 or 4 separate times, once in both feet at at the same time. I've been a distance runner for almost 10 years. Always been able to run through it while doing different treatments like sleeping in arch compression socks (not strassburg) rolling it out on a golf ball, orthotics, eccentric calf stretches etc...in fact the less running I did the worse it got. I typically only get it when my mileage drops between 20-25 miles a week for a while. As my running ramps back up it goes away. Pure rest to get rid of PF simply takes too long and isn't an option in my world.

Also I switched to Hokas a few years back, this is the first time I've had PF since then. I slightly twisted my left ankle last week and may be compensating when running and created the issue now that I think about it.

I used to have it from soccer. When I lost weight and took a few months off from soccer and running (groin pull). I did elliptical or bike (no foot flex things besides walking), strassburg socks at night, and dropped about 20 lbs and it didn't come back when I started back to soccer.
[Reply]
Marcellus 04:58 PM 01-11-2021
I used to have it from soccer. When I lost weight and took a few months off from soccer and running (groin pull). I did elliptical or bike (no foot flex things besides walking), strassburg socks at night, and dropped about 20 lbs and it didn't come back when I started back to soccer.
Like I said, a couple months off just isn't an option for me. You can work through it if you have to but it sucks for a while.
[Reply]
LittleMeatballNick 05:13 PM 01-11-2021
The biggest thing with PF is Stretch and Strengthen. You gotta strengthen the muscles you can in the foot with different exercises. I do calf raises and crinkle up a towel with my toes. Also, just freeze a water bottle and roll out with that to get some inflammation down as well.
[Reply]
LittleMeatballNick 05:14 PM 01-11-2021
Originally Posted by Marcellus:

What Hoka's are you running in right now? And how do you like them?
[Reply]
penguinz 05:29 PM 01-11-2021
Yeah, it is. Actually, I'm becoming a fan of higher-ish E2, as long as I'm not getting bloat/high blood pressure or sexual sides. I feel better physically and mentally and there are many proven neuroprotective and cardioprotective benefits to not dropping e2 low.

I'm to the point now where injecting 3x a week is enough to not need an AI at all.
As long as you aren’t high and growing bitch tits then you are good.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 39
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Up