ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 19
« First < 56789 10111213 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Schwartz and Remmers both have back injuries
RunKC 03:28 PM 12-13-2020
Damn. I’m worried about this. It sucked losing Schwartz but now Remmers with the same injury.

I pray to God we get at least one of them back
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:18 PM 12-14-2020
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Yeah, that's what I see working out. I'll run a mock and pretend I have a comp pick at the end of the 3rd and 4th and try to hit those positions. I'll drop results in here.

Prediction: The draft will include Tyler Linderbaum.
I like Linderbaum. I'll be interested to see where he goes. If things fall right, he'll be there at 64 but we may need to get into the middle 2nd. It just depends. Not all services have him rated that highly either.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 01:05 PM 12-14-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I like Linderbaum. I'll be interested to see where he goes. If things fall right, he'll be there at 64 but we may need to get into the middle 2nd. It just depends. Not all services have him rated that highly either.
So I went ahead and ran the mock I was talking about. Players available at these spots are only a weak correlation to where they likely go in April, but you can at least get a feel for position-based availability.

My take: 3 OL, 2 DE, 2 WR, 1 S, 1 CB, 1 RB.

To start, I traded #32 to Dallas for #40(2) and #102 (4). It was tough to stay disciplined and stick to the plan, as LSU WR Terrence Marshall, Jr., was available there. He's a big receiver (6-3, 215 but separates well and already plays out of the slot and the perimeter.

#40. Azeez Ojulare, DE, Georgia (Explosive athlete, excellent pass rusher, has some versatility and could play OLB in a 34).

When #64. came up, I didn't see anything there that wasn't a big reach. So I trade it to Carolina for #68 (3) and #138 (5).

#68. Josh Myers, C/G, Ohio State
(Large, strong interior player who reminds me of Mitch Morse. Much better feet than the average C, has power and is athletic enough to climb to the second level)

#96. Tyler Linderbaum, C/G, Iowa (Current draft crush, a former wrestler with athleticism and a lot of helium. Technically, I'm drafting 2 college centers, but you could slide either to G and be happy with results)

#97. (3rd round comp) Jaelan Phillips, DE, Miami (His stock is climbing and i don't think he'll be available at the end of round 2, let alone round 3, but for now I'm just going to be giddy about adding two guys this good to the rotation)

#103. Marquez Stevenson, WR, Houston (Big-time playmaker with the ball in his hands, Stevenson has the size, speed, and separation ability to be dynamite for Andy Reid's offense)

#129. Bubba Bolden, S, Miami (Like his Miami teammate Phillips, this transfer is seeing his stock rise. This was a BPA selection, but with it I add a versatile safety who can play deep, play the slot, and support vs. the run. Would be a nice upgrade in terms of athleticism for the box safety role Dan Sorenson has played a lot this year)

#130 (4th round comp) Abraham Lucas, OT, Washington State (He's technically also a RT so I may be nabbing the wrong side T here, but Lucas has awesome feet and is a potential future starter. If Schwartz is back I probably go elsewhere with this pick)

#138. Karius Toney, WR, Florida (Luxury pick. Toney is an explosive, twitchy playmaker who fell. I see some Terry McLaurin in his game and could see him developing into a good X receiver for KC)

#160. Roger McCreary, CB, Auburn (Upside pick! McCreary is a great athlete who hasn't played much at Auburn).

#224. Michael Carter, RB, North Carolina (Just went BPA for Mr. Irrelevant. Carter is a smaller back (5-8, 200) but is a receiving weapon as well as a dangerous and consistent runner with patience. Opt-out RB Kennedy Brooks of OU was also there and would fit, though he isnt as good a receiving option).
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:12 PM 12-14-2020
Myers and Linderbaum are 2 of the top 3 or 4 IOL in the draft. Getting BOTH of them, especially with those picks, would be a dream.

But it ain't happening. :-)
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:44 PM 12-14-2020
So I went ahead and ran the mock I was talking about. Players available at these spots are only a weak correlation to where they likely go in April, but you can at least get a feel for position-based availability.

My take: 3 OL, 2 DE, 2 WR, 1 S, 1 CB, 1 RB.

To start, I traded #32 to Dallas for #40(2) and #102 (4). It was tough to stay disciplined and stick to the plan, as LSU WR Terrence Marshall, Jr., was available there. He's a big receiver (6-3, 215 but separates well and already plays out of the slot and the perimeter.

#40. Azeez Ojulare, DE, Georgia (Explosive athlete, excellent pass rusher, has some versatility and could play OLB in a 34).

When #64. came up, I didn't see anything there that wasn't a big reach. So I trade it to Carolina for #68 (3) and #138 (5).

#68. Josh Myers, C/G, Ohio State
(Large, strong interior player who reminds me of Mitch Morse. Much better feet than the average C, has power and is athletic enough to climb to the second level)

#96. Tyler Linderbaum, C/G, Iowa (Current draft crush, a former wrestler with athleticism and a lot of helium. Technically, I'm drafting 2 college centers, but you could slide either to G and be happy with results)

#97. (3rd round comp) Jaelan Phillips, DE, Miami (His stock is climbing and i don't think he'll be available at the end of round 2, let alone round 3, but for now I'm just going to be giddy about adding two guys this good to the rotation)

#103. Marquez Stevenson, WR, Houston (Big-time playmaker with the ball in his hands, Stevenson has the size, speed, and separation ability to be dynamite for Andy Reid's offense)

#129. Bubba Bolden, S, Miami (Like his Miami teammate Phillips, this transfer is seeing his stock rise. This was a BPA selection, but with it I add a versatile safety who can play deep, play the slot, and support vs. the run. Would be a nice upgrade in terms of athleticism for the box safety role Dan Sorenson has played a lot this year)

#130 (4th round comp) Abraham Lucas, OT, Washington State (He's technically also a RT so I may be nabbing the wrong side T here, but Lucas has awesome feet and is a potential future starter. If Schwartz is back I probably go elsewhere with this pick)

#138. Karius Toney, WR, Florida (Luxury pick. Toney is an explosive, twitchy playmaker who fell. I see some Terry McLaurin in his game and could see him developing into a good X receiver for KC)

#160. Roger McCreary, CB, Auburn (Upside pick! McCreary is a great athlete who hasn't played much at Auburn).

#224. Michael Carter, RB, North Carolina (Just went BPA for Mr. Irrelevant. Carter is a smaller back (5-8, 200) but is a receiving weapon as well as a dangerous and consistent runner with patience. Opt-out RB Kennedy Brooks of OU was also there and would fit, though he isnt as good a receiving option).
Thanks for doing that.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 01:52 PM 12-14-2020
Myers and Linderbaum are 2 of the top 3 or 4 IOL in the draft. Getting BOTH of them, especially with those picks, would be a dream.

But it ain't happening. :-)

Yeah, what’s more likely, I think, is still getting 1 of the 2 at the end of 2nd pick and moving Lucas and guys in his neighborhood up a round.

I’d be happy as hell with this draft but know many of those players will not be available. I’ll run another on a different mock site later and see what I could take with the same set of picks.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 02:21 PM 12-14-2020
Do we know whats wrong with Remmers or are we just hee hawing or 9 pages still?
[Reply]
Chris Meck 02:23 PM 12-14-2020
Yeah, what’s more likely, I think, is still getting 1 of the 2 at the end of 2nd pick and moving Lucas and guys in his neighborhood up a round.

I’d be happy as hell with this draft but know many of those players will not be available. I’ll run another on a different mock site later and see what I could take with the same set of picks.
that would be a jizz-worthy haul.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:26 PM 12-14-2020
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
Do we know whats wrong with Remmers or are we just hee hawing or 9 pages still?
He hurt his back. We won't really know anything until the first reports come out tomorrow.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 02:47 PM 12-14-2020
He hurt his back. We won't really know anything until the first reports come out tomorrow.
Thanks. Havent had time to listen to any post game pressers. Didnt know if it had been touched on officially.
[Reply]
JakeF 04:35 PM 12-14-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I just want to see a day 2 pick pick used on a C/G along with a mid-late rounder to hedge our bets and add more young talent.

If we invested a 1st on a RB, we owe it to ourselves to be better than this on the IOL when it comes to run blocking.
Yea, I can see that.

We just invested half a billion dollars on our QB, shouldn't we protect him? We just spent a 1st rd draft pick on an RB, shouldn't we get some blockers that can let him run?

I realize you only take an OT in the 1st round but I want the Chiefs to have their scouts working hard on finding a really good interior Olineman that can draft in the 2nd/3rd round who will make all the interior runs we kept trying more successful. Someone that will stop the jail break of defenders coming right up the middle to kill Mahomes. :-)
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 10:01 AM 12-28-2020
Well this sucks.

Nothing official, three weeks to go, etc ... but the Chiefs are not counting on Mitchell Schwartz to be back for the playoffs.

— Sam Mellinger (@mellinger) December 28, 2020

[Reply]
BWillie 10:03 AM 12-28-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Well this sucks.

MOTHER

F***
[Reply]
kcclone 10:05 AM 12-28-2020
Hopefully Niang is ready to play in that position next year because it wouldn't surprise me if Schwartz never comes back. If he does, between him and Fisher, you can't count on both being healthy throughout the year, so at the very least Niang needs to be ready to play swing tackle.

We need to address the OL this year in the draft. I would recommend drafting DE, TE, OT, and C/G with our first 4 picks in no particular order.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:13 AM 12-28-2020
Priority numero uno: bring back Remmers.
[Reply]
KCUnited 10:27 AM 12-28-2020
Feel a challenge with some big men who've been out as long as Schwartz, especially with back injuries, is keeping their mass. Some of these guys look like TEs with a couple months off.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 19
« First < 56789 10111213 > Last »
Up