ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 19
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Schwartz and Remmers both have back injuries
RunKC 03:28 PM 12-13-2020
Damn. I’m worried about this. It sucked losing Schwartz but now Remmers with the same injury.

I pray to God we get at least one of them back
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 11:19 AM 12-14-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
This team is going to be drafting WR’s almost every year anyways as they should.
I'm fine with that. I do think our 1st or 2nd round pick will go to WR this year.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:20 AM 12-14-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Niang spent his entire college career at Right Tackle...
Veach said they wanted to start getting him reps inside as a backup.

If Schwartz ends up not coming back, I bet they change that real quick and he goes to RT.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:21 AM 12-14-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
The cap is going to be tough next year.
I just read last week that the cap floor will be $195 million, not $175 million, and it may even stay flat in 2021.

Here's the link:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...21-salary-cap/
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:25 AM 12-14-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I just read last week that the cap floor will be $195 million, not $175 million, and it may even stay flat in 2021.

Here's the link:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...21-salary-cap/
That's good news for a change. Still going to be tough for the Chiefs given their salary cap status.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 11:28 AM 12-14-2020
It really depends on how much you want to spend. We have two of our top 4 WR's that won't have contracts after this year. We need depth at TE potentially. Depending on Williams' status, they may need another RB. They have a SIGNIFICANT need at DE opposite Clark and they'd be wise to start looking at investing in possibly cutting him loose after 2021 if his play doesn't improve. They have need at LB and potential need at CB with guys coming off contracts.

The cap is not going up. In fact, it appears that it's probably going DOWN next year. This team wasn't going to have much cap space to begin with, now they'll probably have to cut just to get under.

You can't just take 3 or 4 offensive linemen in the draft. They have too many needs. Taking 1 or 2 is fine. Any more than that means another area doesn't get addressed at all and guess what happens then?

Yeah, 40 million threads about that position group sucking because "****ing Veach didn't do anything".
I think it also depends on the number of picks the Chiefs end up with.

If they trade back from the first, they're probably picking up at least 2 more selections. If Bienemy finally gets a head coaching job, there's another one this year and next. Then there are comp picks, possibly a 3 and a 4.

KC could end up with 9 or 10 picks when all is said and done.

You could go: OL, DE, WR, OL, TE, LB, DB, DB, DE/LB, OL and get good answers and depth at most of your spots. 1 OL, 1 DE, 1 WR being priority
[Reply]
RunKC 11:28 AM 12-14-2020
That's good news for a change. Still going to be tough for the Chiefs given their salary cap status.
Nah. Remember we had $177 last Spring and did all that we did. I think Matheiu and Fisher are getting extended, which they absolutely should. That will lower their cap hits for 2021 and free up quite a bit of space.

I think you’ll see a vet or two give some money back through a guaranteed $$ change like Frank Clark did.

We’ll be fine
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:33 AM 12-14-2020
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
I think it also depends on the number of picks the Chiefs end up with.

If they trade back from the first, they're probably picking up at least 2 more selections. If Bienemy finally gets a head coaching job, there's another one this year and next. Then there are comp picks, possibly a 3 and a 4.

KC could end up with 9 or 10 picks when all is said and done.

You could go: OL, DE, WR, OL, TE, LB, DB, DB, DE/LB, OL and get good answers and depth at most of your spots. 1 OL, 1 DE, 1 WR being priority
I don't know how much of a haul you can expect for the #32 pick, honestly.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 11:42 AM 12-14-2020
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I don't know how much of a haul you can expect for the #32 pick, honestly.

#40 and #103
#39 and #102

You can get a top 10 pick in the second and a top 10 pick in the 4th, roughly, for #32. Maybe a little more, depending on how much a team wants to jump in and get a guy with 5 years of rookie deal.
[Reply]
R Clark 11:44 AM 12-14-2020
So did Andy mention remmers injury in his post game interview?
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:44 AM 12-14-2020
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
#40 and #103
#39 and #102

You can get a top 10 pick in the second and a top 10 pick in the 4th, roughly, for #32. Maybe a little more, depending on how much a team wants to jump in and get a guy with 5 years of rookie deal.
Man I'd take that in a heartbeat if anyone wanted to offer it.

We have our stars. We need solid supporting talent. That would go a long way.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:47 AM 12-14-2020
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Man I'd take that in a heartbeat if anyone wanted to offer it.

We have our stars. We need solid supporting talent. That would go a long way.
I would too. The more picks the better to me. We could go heavy on the OL and DL and still have picks left to address other positions.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:49 AM 12-14-2020
I would too. The more picks the better to me. We could go heavy on the OL and DL and still have picks left to address other positions.
Two #2's, Two #3's, and Two #4's.

Hell yeah.
[Reply]
O.city 12:03 PM 12-14-2020
The Chiefs FO will make the right call, get good players and be sitting at 10-12 wins again this time next year.

Rinse repeat.

This is fun.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:05 PM 12-14-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
The Chiefs FO will make the right call, get good players and be sitting at 10-12 wins again this time next year.

Rinse repeat.

This is fun.
Yep.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 12:15 PM 12-14-2020
Yeah, that's what I see working out. I'll run a mock and pretend I have a comp pick at the end of the 3rd and 4th and try to hit those positions. I'll drop results in here.

Prediction: The draft will include Tyler Linderbaum.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 19
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Up