ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 19
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Schwartz and Remmers both have back injuries
RunKC 03:28 PM 12-13-2020
Damn. I’m worried about this. It sucked losing Schwartz but now Remmers with the same injury.

I pray to God we get at least one of them back
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 06:59 PM 12-13-2020
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
I hope you die!!!
Your hopes will be realized someday. I do have bad news for you though.....
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:00 PM 12-13-2020
is there any info on Remmers?
[Reply]
jjchieffan 07:06 PM 12-13-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Unlikely we take a OL in the first. Maybe the second, but I think that's a stretch, unless we come across a can't-afford-not-to-take-this guy scenario.

We'll take a WR in the first, IMHO. At the very least we have to replace DRob. Probably also Watkins, unless he just explodes down the stretch and through the playoffs, and is willing to take another paycut.
I haven't seen any mock drafts. I don't know who would be available when we pick. Best player available is what you take regardless. But I would rather take a tackle or center assuming that we have pick 32. We have seen plenty of very good receivers going in the second and 3rd rounds lately, so I think that they could wait there.. I wouldn't be quick to go OL with a mid first round pick. But at the end, it's a good value and would make sense. Niang is still an unknown, Fisher is near the end of his second contract, Schwartz may be done, Wylie sucks, Reiter is barely serviceable. The cap is tight. Where exactly do you expect to improve the line if you don't spend some draft capital on it?
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 07:08 PM 12-13-2020
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
I hope you die!!!
Go suck some more dicks.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 07:10 PM 12-13-2020
We will have to see what all the needs are when we have to get under the $170-$175 Million salary cap for next year before we get serious about what positions we will need to be drafting.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 07:18 PM 12-13-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
We will have to see what all the needs are when we have to get under the $170-$175 Million salary cap for next year before we get serious about what positions we will need to be drafting.
Will it be that low? I've heard conflicting information about next year's cap. One thing was supposedly that it can't go down. That it will stay flat and borrow from future years.
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:23 PM 12-13-2020
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
I haven't seen any mock drafts. I don't know who would be available when we pick. Best player available is what you take regardless. But I would rather take a tackle or center assuming that we have pick 32. We have seen plenty of very good receivers going in the second and 3rd rounds lately, so I think that they could wait there.. I wouldn't be quick to go OL with a mid first round pick. But at the end, it's a good value and would make sense. Niang is still an unknown, Fisher is near the end of his second contract, Schwartz may be done, Wylie sucks, Reiter is barely serviceable. The cap is tight. Where exactly do you expect to improve the line if you don't spend some draft capital on it?
I haven't seen any either. And you make good points. I'm just looking at it from Andy's history, and I strongly doubt he'll take an OL in the first. He wants weapons; he'll make do with the OL if he has to, as we've seen repeatedly since he's come to KC.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 07:26 PM 12-13-2020
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
Will it be that low? I've heard conflicting information about next year's cap. One thing was supposedly that it can't go down. That it will stay flat and borrow from future years.
That is what Schefty and many others have stated repeatedly. I believe those guys are in the know.
[Reply]
bobhill 07:35 PM 12-13-2020
How did Durant look in the game?
[Reply]
JakeF 07:38 PM 12-13-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Drafting multiples of any position is unwise when the team has so many needs.
Oline is 5 positions, not one.

LT - Fisher is good but next year is the last year of his contract.
LG - Allegetti seems like he has potential, he's 24.
C - Kilgore is decent but old. Reid seems intent on playing shitty Reiter
RG - Seems like LDT rather play Doctor, Wylie sucks but Reid insists on keeping/using him.
RT - Schwartz is 30+ with a back injury. 2021 is the last year of his contract. Remmers is old and average.

We need a Center and OT through the draft since they cost the most. Sign a guard through FA.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 07:46 PM 12-13-2020
Originally Posted by JakeF:
Oline is 5 positions, not one.

LT - Fisher is good but next year is the last year of his contract.
LG - Allegetti seems like he has potential, he's 24.
C - Kilgore is decent but old. Reid seems intent on playing shitty Reiter
RG - Seems like LDT rather play Doctor, Wylie sucks but Reid insists on keeping/using him.
RT - Schwartz is 30+ with a back injury. 2021 is the last year of his contract. Remmers is old and average.

We need a Center and OT through the draft since they cost the most. Sign a guard through FA.
They're bringing Fisher back. Niang and Durant are nice pieces as well. Reiter and Allegretti will be here. I'm guessing the FO will take a cheap FA and draft a guy somewhere to compete. Maybe another UDFA or two. That's how the Chiefs operate.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 07:48 PM 12-13-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
I haven't seen any either. And you make good points. I'm just looking at it from Andy's history, and I strongly doubt he'll take an OL in the first. He wants weapons; he'll make do with the OL if he has to, as we've seen repeatedly since he's come to KC.
They likely won’t take one in the first, but i think it should be pretty damn obvious this season that the trend of relying exclusively on late round picks and scrubs on the OL needs to come to an end.
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:52 PM 12-13-2020
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
They likely won’t take one in the first, but i think it should be pretty damn obvious this season that the trend of relying exclusively on late round picks and scrubs on the OL needs to come to an end.
Okay, and I'd agree with you. And this offseason maaaybe Andy takes an OL in the 2nd. Won't surprise me if he doesn't, but if it works out right, maybe he does, just because of where the rest of the offense is right now, which is better than fine.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:54 PM 12-13-2020
Originally Posted by bobhill:
How did Durant look in the game?
like a guy who isn't ready to play.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 07:55 PM 12-13-2020
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
They're bringing Fisher back. Niang and Durant are nice pieces as well. Reiter and Allegretti will be here. I'm guessing the FO will take a cheap FA and draft a guy somewhere to compete. Maybe another UDFA or two. That's how the Chiefs operate.
Things don’t always stay the same. Just because that’s what they’ve been doing for several years is not indicative of how they will continue to operate. Are people really that simple minded to think they’ll ignore a huge need and just operate as usual? “How they operate” clearly hasn’t cut it this year.

“How they operate” was to not spend a high pick at linebacker, until they did this year.

“How they operate” was usually to not draft a RB high, until they just did.

“How they operate” was to trade for journeymen quarterbacks, until they traded up for Mahomes.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 19
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Up