ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 14 of 19
« First < 41011121314 15161718 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Schwartz and Remmers both have back injuries
RunKC 03:28 PM 12-13-2020
Damn. I’m worried about this. It sucked losing Schwartz but now Remmers with the same injury.

I pray to God we get at least one of them back
[Reply]
OKchiefs 09:34 AM 12-29-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I could see them drafting two and neither of them starting. This isn’t a short term fix.
How do you define "starting"? Will they start week 1? Maybe not. But due to injuries and players like Andrew Wylie being a complete shitstain I think there's a good chance we see a rookie starter by the end of the season. But then again, maybe not. As I've said before, pretty sure Wylie could physically assault Mahomes mid-play and he'd still retain his starting spot as long as he's the week 1 starter.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:46 AM 12-29-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
That’s not even possible.

The Chiefs had 2 guys opt out, and their starting LG and RT go down early in the season.

That’s not going to happen again, and they will draft at least 1 probably 2.
This.

I think it's pretty clear that it's time to move OL up on the priority list; we need to up the talent level, so the usual track of 7th rounders and UDFA is unlikely. I expect a couple of mid-round OL picks, which is a significant shift in priority. Along with last year's 3rd in Niang. I also expect another middling FA signing as a safety blanket.

And I'm expecting Schwartz calls it a day.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:04 AM 12-29-2020
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
How do you define "starting"? Will they start week 1? Maybe not. But due to injuries and players like Andrew Wylie being a complete shitstain I think there's a good chance we see a rookie starter by the end of the season. But then again, maybe not. As I've said before, pretty sure Wylie could physically assault Mahomes mid-play and he'd still retain his starting spot as long as he's the week 1 starter.
I would be willing to bet he’s re-signed and barring injury, Andrew Wylie will start 16 games next season. People are setting themselves up for disappointment.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 10:10 AM 12-29-2020
Originally Posted by JudasRising20:
Is this true?

I can’t find any visual of him not wearing a mask during the March he organized.

I did find a few videos of him, marching while wearing a mask, with no one within six feet of him.
[Reply]
O.city 10:16 AM 12-29-2020
I was listening to a pod on the way in this morning and the guy talking is pretty plugged into the league, was talking about the opt outs.

Said a GM told him they have no idea what those guys are doing while away from the team and they aren't really counting on them to do much next year.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:25 AM 12-29-2020
I would be willing to bet he’s re-signed and barring injury, Andrew Wylie will start 16 games next season. People are setting themselves up for disappointment.
Why would you think that?

Do you really think that Andy and Veach aren't aware that it's a position in need of improvement?
[Reply]
Delano 10:25 AM 12-29-2020
He’ll be back at LG if Duvernay-Tardif is back. People will complain but that’s how Andy handles the line. Honestly, it’ll be much better just getting the guys back and having some consistency.

RT is the problem. There is no way Reid feels comfortable with Niang starting at RT. I feel like their plan was to start him slow inside and eventually move him out when Schwartz retires but that may not be an option.
[Reply]
scho63 10:43 AM 12-29-2020
Originally Posted by CasselGotPeedOn:
Is your mom available?
My Mom died nearly 20 years ago.

What about your sister, mother, daughter or grandma? :-)

Maybe they can even blow the players after the game.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:47 AM 12-29-2020
Originally Posted by Delano:
He’ll be back at LG if Duvernay-Tardif is back. People will complain but that’s how Andy handles the line. Honestly, it’ll be much better just getting the guys back and having some consistency.

RT is the problem. There is no way Reid feels comfortable with Niang starting at RT. I feel like their plan was to start him slow inside and eventually move him out when Schwartz retires but that may not be an option.
I think Reid would prefer continuity on the line during the season.

I get that.

I think between seasons though, there's no reason to assume that. Especially when it's clear that the line needs to be better.
[Reply]
Delano 10:58 AM 12-29-2020
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I think Reid would prefer continuity on the line during the season.

I get that.

I think between seasons though, there's no reason to assume that. Especially when it's clear that the line needs to be better.
Wylie has every coach’s excuse to get another shot next year.

He played out of position this year.
He was extremely versatile, even playing tackle when Remmers went down.
Great attitude and a team first guy.
He has all the physical tools and the frame they like at guard.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 11:07 AM 12-29-2020
Originally Posted by Delano:
Wylie has every coach’s excuse to get another shot next year.

He played out of position this year.
He was extremely versatile, even playing tackle when Remmers went down.
Great attitude and a team first guy.
He has all the physical tools and the frame they like at guard.
He played at his natural position of guard and was one of the worst guards in the league. Cam Erving showed versatility as well and filled in at left tackle when Fisher was out, that doesn't mean he was good.

Wylie is one of the 5-10 worst guards in the league and literally does nothing well. He's not particularly strong or agile, doesn't excel at either run or pass blocking.
[Reply]
ChiTown 11:09 AM 12-29-2020
He played at his natural position of guard and was one of the worst guards in the league. Cam Erving showed versatility as well and filled in at left tackle when Fisher was out, that doesn't mean he was good.

Wylie is one of the 5-10 worst guards in the league and literally does nothing well. He's not particularly strong or agile, doesn't excel at either run or pass blocking.
Well, he did effectively block a Cam Jordan punch with his helmet, so I do give him high marks for that....
[Reply]
OKchiefs 11:13 AM 12-29-2020
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
Well, he did effectively block a Cam Jordan punch with his helmet, so I do give him high marks for that....
I'll give you that one. And he did in fact shut Jordan down on that play, although I believe he got stomped by Jordan's backup on the very next series leading to either a sack and/or fumble.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:11 PM 12-29-2020
Yeah, he's right up there Cesar Ruiz.

Actually, he's been better than Cesar Ruiz.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 12:15 PM 12-29-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Yeah, he's right up there Cesar Ruiz.

Actually, he's been better than Cesar Ruiz.
I never personally wanted Ruiz, not sure why he’s the measuring stick. In hopefully a regular off-season with a full training camp and preseason I trust Veach to find someone who can replace Wylie, if not by week 1 then midseason.
[Reply]
Page 14 of 19
« First < 41011121314 15161718 > Last »
Up