ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 19
« First < 289101112 13141516 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Schwartz and Remmers both have back injuries
RunKC 03:28 PM 12-13-2020
Damn. I’m worried about this. It sucked losing Schwartz but now Remmers with the same injury.

I pray to God we get at least one of them back
[Reply]
JakeF 08:37 PM 12-28-2020
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
I think Schwartz and LDT both retire
Yup, seems like both are done. LDT has got the Doc bug and a chronic bad back is very hard for Olinemen to deal with. We have tons of work to do with the oline in the offseason.
[Reply]
alanm 08:44 PM 12-28-2020
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I think you're right on Watkins; but he's a difference maker when he does play, and I think the spotty track record of that makes him continue to stay here on reasonable deals.

I think you're right on Robinsons too; but as you said with Conley and Nelson-have we missed either? I don't think so. I think Pringle's ready for a bigger role, and there won't be much drop-off.

As for depth, yeah, totally. Good thing we have the best young GM in the game. :-) He's really found some hidden gems and I see no reason that won't continue. This draft this year is going to be weird, but I feel like we'll handle it better than most.
Didn't Conley go to Atl? Don't think he played yesterday. In fact I don't recall hearing from him all year.
[Reply]
Coach 08:48 PM 12-28-2020
Originally Posted by alanm:
Didn't Conley go to Atl? Don't think he played yesterday. In fact I don't recall hearing from him all year.
Jacksonville.
[Reply]
Delano 08:52 PM 12-28-2020
Originally Posted by JakeF:
Yup, seems like both are done. LDT has got the Doc bug and a chronic bad back is very hard for Olinemen to deal with. We have tons of work to do with the oline in the offseason.
They’ll have two starting guards between Wylie, Duvernay-Tardif, Niang, and Allegretti. They will all be better next year.

I feel like he personnel team feels good enough with Reiter at center, but a top-tier center turns the entire interior into a plus.

The true issue right now is Schwartz and right tackle. If they go into next season without fully clearing Schwartz’s back and Mike Remmers as the starting RT, they’re in trouble. I don’t think they have a workable solution on the roster to replace Schwartz.
[Reply]
Hoover 08:52 PM 12-28-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
The RG from Washington wouldn’t be bad ofea
Brandon Scherff? Yeah, that would cost $$$ we don't have.
[Reply]
New World Order 08:58 PM 12-28-2020
Is Luke Joeckel available
[Reply]
alanm 09:00 PM 12-28-2020
Originally Posted by Coach:
Jacksonville.
Ok yeah, I do seem to recall seeing him on a highlight at least once this fall.
[Reply]
alanm 09:01 PM 12-28-2020
Originally Posted by New World Order:
No.. Wasn't much available when he did play.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:05 PM 12-28-2020
LDT is under contract. He can retire but it wouldn’t necessarily be in his best interest to do so.
[Reply]
Coach 09:13 PM 12-28-2020
Originally Posted by New World Order:
He is, but he ain't good, and not worthy of a roster spot.
[Reply]
Infidel Goat 10:02 PM 12-28-2020
Originally Posted by Delano:
They’ll have two starting guards between Wylie, Duvernay-Tardif, Niang, and Allegretti. They will all be better next year.

I feel like he personnel team feels good enough with Reiter at center, but a top-tier center turns the entire interior into a plus.

The true issue right now is Schwartz and right tackle. If they go into next season without fully clearing Schwartz’s back and Mike Remmers as the starting RT, they’re in trouble. I don’t think they have a workable solution on the roster to replace Schwartz.
I think the hope is that Niang can play RT as he did at TCU.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:18 PM 12-28-2020
Originally Posted by Infidel Goat:
I think the hope is that Niang can play RT as he did at TCU.
Veach said they planned to put Niang inside at guard, at least to start him out. It’s possible they change their plans because of the situation but they don’t seem like a staff that would panic. I’m guessing Niang is a backup OG to start next season.
[Reply]
BossChief 11:17 PM 12-28-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Veach said they planned to put Niang inside at guard, at least to start him out. It’s possible they change their plans because of the situation but they don’t seem like a staff that would panic. I’m guessing Niang is a backup OG to start next season.
That was their plan for him did this year because they planned on Schwartz back holding up another year and it didn’t.

I’d expect Niang to start out 2021 a the starting RT unless Schwartz has back surgery and is able to return (doubtful)...in that case, Niang would be the RG.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 11:18 PM 12-28-2020
All of this Niang talk makes me sick.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 11:27 PM 12-28-2020
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
All of this Niang talk makes me sick.
Regardless of what one thinks about the opt-out, it would really help this team if he turns into a solid right tackle fast. We need it.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 19
« First < 289101112 13141516 > Last »
Up