ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 19
« First < 7891011 12131415 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Schwartz and Remmers both have back injuries
RunKC 03:28 PM 12-13-2020
Damn. I’m worried about this. It sucked losing Schwartz but now Remmers with the same injury.

I pray to God we get at least one of them back
[Reply]
Hoover 11:58 AM 12-28-2020
I have no doubt that we will have a full offseason of activities, and hell, if the NFL was smart, they would increase the number of offseason activities this season to make up of the loss from last season. I think Niang with an entire offseason of work can be ready day one. But we still need to eyeing more talent in the draft.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 11:58 AM 12-28-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
OG is as big a need as center of not bigger and probably easier to fill.
As much as I don’t really like Reiter, I think he’s passable with better OG play.
[Reply]
Hoover 11:58 AM 12-28-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
OG is as big a need as center of not bigger and probably easier to fill.
I think if we had a quality center, the OG play would improve. But I agree.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:00 PM 12-28-2020
I'll say this-

Niang's college tape...is pretty good. For a big man, he's real nimble. He's got the long arms. In fact, physically, he is built like and moves like Roaf. I'm not saying he's going to be that good or anything. But I'm saying the raw physical material is there. For comparison's sake, Durant, who is a massive man at 330 lbs has very slow feet. A true NFL offseason getting stronger and maybe you've got a downhill style guard, but I don't know about him at OT.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 12:02 PM 12-28-2020
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I'll say this-

Niang's college tape...is pretty good. For a big man, he's real nimble. He's got the long arms. In fact, physically, he is built like and moves like Roaf. I'm not saying he's going to be that good or anything. But I'm saying the raw physical material is there. For comparison's sake, Durant, who is a massive man at 330 lbs has very slow feet. A true NFL offseason getting stronger and maybe you've got a downhill style guard, but I don't know about him at OT.
I’d welcome the size of Durant on the inside.

I also wonder if Darryl Williams might have anything to offer by next season.
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 12:03 PM 12-28-2020
draft fatties
[Reply]
In58men 12:09 PM 12-28-2020
Andy Reid confirms some of the key starters won't play Sunday against Chargers. "Certain guys will have the opportunity to rest up,'' he said
[Reply]
bowener 12:29 PM 12-28-2020
Originally Posted by St. Patty's Fire:
draft fatties
Find three starters and solid depth at OL & LB in rounds 1-4. After that, I don't care.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 07:29 PM 12-28-2020
Not having Schwartz in the playoffs or beyond sucks.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:45 PM 12-28-2020
Originally Posted by bowener:
Find three starters and solid depth at OL & LB in rounds 1-4. After that, I don't care.
Not likely. Finding multiple starters in the same draft is really hard.
[Reply]
Ecto-I 08:05 PM 12-28-2020
We already have two guys, Niang and LDT coming in next year. If we resign Schwartz and Osemele (if healthy) then maybe just add a good FA interior lineman and a draft prospect - we'll be sitting good without investing too much capital.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 08:09 PM 12-28-2020
Originally Posted by Ecto-I:
We already have two guys, Niang and LDT coming in next year. If we resign Schwartz and Osemele (if healthy) then maybe just add a good FA interior lineman and a draft prospect - we'll be sitting good without investing too much capital.
Re sign Fisher, let Schwartz walk. We are only re signing one of our starting tackles
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 08:18 PM 12-28-2020
I think Schwartz and LDT both retire.

If Schwartz was already planning to retire after this contract, and for seriously hurt this year, I can’t see him busting it to rehab for one year. LDT will go do his doctor thing.

And it will free up $15M in cap space. If the cap stays flat, KC could have a good chunk to play with if it extends Mathieu and Fisher.

Next year:
Fisher
Allegretti/Rammers
Draftee
FA (decent investment)
Niang/Rammers
[Reply]
notorious 08:23 PM 12-28-2020
Fuck.

We can't lose an All-Pro lineman. Damnit.
[Reply]
O.city 08:31 PM 12-28-2020
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
I think Schwartz and LDT both retire.

If Schwartz was already planning to retire after this contract, and for seriously hurt this year, I can’t see him busting it to rehab for one year. LDT will go do his doctor thing.

And it will free up $15M in cap space. If the cap stays flat, KC could have a good chunk to play with if it extends Mathieu and Fisher.

Next year:
Fisher
Allegretti/Rammers
Draftee
FA (decent investment)
Niang/Rammers
The RG from Washington wouldn’t be bad ofea
[Reply]
Page 11 of 19
« First < 7891011 12131415 > Last »
Up