ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 19
« First < 678910 11121314 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Schwartz and Remmers both have back injuries
RunKC 03:28 PM 12-13-2020
Damn. I’m worried about this. It sucked losing Schwartz but now Remmers with the same injury.

I pray to God we get at least one of them back
[Reply]
scho63 10:40 AM 12-28-2020
Any fatties on the street worth signing?
[Reply]
OKchiefs 10:44 AM 12-28-2020
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Feel a challenge with some big men who've been out as long as Schwartz, especially with back injuries, is keeping their mass. Some of these guys look like TEs with a couple months off.
And people honestly think LDT coming back in 2021 after more than a year off is a good thing. He already wasn't great in 2019, and after being away from football and likely not getting the training he needs right now he's probably significantly smaller and out of shape.
[Reply]
ChiTown 10:47 AM 12-28-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Well this sucks.

This absolutely sucks, but this isn't much of a shocker to me. We've heard precious little about Schwartz and his injury, which always leads me to believe there's more going on (in a bad way) than we know.
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 11:07 AM 12-28-2020
Originally Posted by scho63:
Any fatties on the street worth signing?
Is your mom available?
[Reply]
KCChiefsFan88 11:08 AM 12-28-2020
I would guess we'll find out after the season he has something that requires surgery such as a herniated disc with possible nerve damage, etc.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:13 AM 12-28-2020
What really sucks is that we came into the season with RT locked down.

In just about half a season, it went from the strongest position on the line to possibly the weakest, even with the turmoil on the interior.

Couldn’t have fathomed talking about needing a RT for 2021 after last season.
[Reply]
Hoover 11:24 AM 12-28-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:

In just about half a season, it went from the strongest position on the line to possibly the weakest, even with the turmoil on the interior.

Not sure I agree. The contract status of both Fisher and Schwartz showed that the tackle position was an area of need.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 11:26 AM 12-28-2020

Safe assumption that Niang is penciled in as the starter for next year if Schwartz hangs it up?
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:27 AM 12-28-2020
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Safe assumption that Niang is penciled in as the starter for next year if Schwartz hangs it up?
I’d like to think so but Veach said after the draft that they wanted to start Niagara at guard. Maybe this situation changes their timeline but who knows.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:28 AM 12-28-2020
Originally Posted by Hoover:
Not sure I agree. The contract status of both Fisher and Schwartz showed that the tackle position was an area of need.
Contract situations are somewhat workable, possible career-ending back injuries aren’t.
[Reply]
Hoover 11:39 AM 12-28-2020
Contract situations are somewhat workable, possible career-ending back injuries aren’t.
Except in this situation we knew that we are only going to be able to extend one of our OTs because of our cap situation. We were always going to have a question marks at one of the OT spots. The drafting of Niang helps, but with how this team is structured, we were always going to need to address the offensive line with draft capital to keep spending on that unit cheap. The surprise to me is that we have RT trouble this year. Very concerning, and not really fixable.
[Reply]
Pants 11:43 AM 12-28-2020
I believe the rumors about his mindset heading into this season and then about the severity of his back injury.

I feel like Mitch is cooked, guys. :-)
[Reply]
Hoover 11:47 AM 12-28-2020
I know it's just instagram, but he seems pretty content in life.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:48 AM 12-28-2020
I think we need to keep Remmers, develop Niang and Durant and draft a C pretty early as well as a G in the mid rounds.

Niang was drafted bc it was a deep tackle class, he fell due to injury and both of our tackles will be 30 or older next year. Fortunately this planning was right, just need Niang to be a hit.

There’s no doubt that the OL needs work.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:55 AM 12-28-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I think we need to keep Remmers, develop Niang and Durant and draft a C pretty early as well as a G in the mid rounds.

Niang was drafted bc it was a deep tackle class, he fell due to injury and both of our tackles will be 30 or older next year. Fortunately this planning was right, just need Niang to be a hit.

There’s no doubt that the OL needs work.
OG is as big a need as center of not bigger and probably easier to fill.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 19
« First < 678910 11121314 > Last »
Up