ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 88 of 90
« First < 38788485868788 8990 >
Nzoner's Game Room>2020 College Football
Pointer19 06:38 PM 09-08-2020
With many teams/conferences withdrawing from competition this year, it's going to be an interesting race to the top. My bold prediction? Army is the only team to play enough games to be eligible for a bowl and wins the National Championship by default.

Army shut out Middle Tennessee, Navy got destroyed by BYU, and Air Force is too scared to play anybody other than the other academies. Who'd you watch this weekend?

[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:44 PM 01-12-2021
Originally Posted by RustShack:
It’s wild seeing Iowa State as one of the higher options to win it all next year. Obviously I know that’s a tall task, but I’m enjoying being in the conversation.

A lot of guys we expected to leave all decided to come back because they have “unfinished business”.
That's adorable.
[Reply]
Pablo 03:52 PM 01-12-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
That's adorable.
Predict the Bama/Booclone score, I'll start:

84-6

825 yards on the ground for Bama.
[Reply]
notorious 03:57 PM 01-12-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Find a dude that has more dollars than sense and is willing to pay your dudes.

Pay your dudes.

Keep quiet about paying your dudes.

Feign greatness.

Profit.

Saved you some time.
There is something else going on upstairs than just that. Every program in the country tries and doesn't succeed like he does.
[Reply]
ChiTown 03:59 PM 01-12-2021
It’s wild seeing Iowa State as one of the higher options to win it all next year. Obviously I know that’s a tall task, but I’m enjoying being in the conversation.

A lot of guys we expected to leave all decided to come back because they have “unfinished business”.
You won't get past Oklahoma or Texas....but it's cute how badly that Iowa State wants to be Iowa. Adopting the black unis is faceplant funny.
[Reply]
RustShack 04:03 PM 01-12-2021
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
You won't get past Oklahoma or Texas....but it's cute how badly that Iowa State wants to be Iowa. Adopting the black unis is faceplant funny.
Lol Iowa State literally beat both of them last year, and return almost every starter.
[Reply]
BeMyValentine 04:11 PM 01-12-2021
Lol Iowa State literally beat both of them last year, and return almost every starter.
And did Iowa State get past Oklahoma last year?? No
[Reply]
RustShack 04:16 PM 01-12-2021
Iowa State is listed as high a 6, and as low as 9 in every “way too early” 2021 ranking. Where are your teams projected?

Oh that’s right, most of them aren’t being talked about lol.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 07:39 PM 01-12-2021
Last night’s national championship game had the lowest TV rating ever for any CFP or BCS championship game.

College football’s postseason is clearly broken.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 07:49 PM 01-12-2021
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Last night’s national championship game had the lowest TV rating ever for any CFP or BCS championship game.

Bored of the same old crap
see: Patriots/rams
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 08:12 PM 01-12-2021
Still beats that abomination of a tourney in March
[Reply]
RustShack 08:18 PM 01-12-2021
College football literally has the worst playoff format of any sport at any level, including football at literally every other level. It blows me away CFB can’t figure out a good system.

I agree the BCS was broken, but so is the 4 team format, which might even be worse because all the other bowls have become more irrelevant. Should at minimum be 6 teams with all P5 Champions making it, 8 makes more sense for the few conferences that have 2 worthy contenders.

But I also get it that the SEC and B1G like that they normally get to avoid some of the tougher conference match ups, and don’t want them to have to risk facing multiple good opponents in the post season.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:25 PM 01-12-2021
It's the same shit literally every year. Only 6 teams have made it to the finals since this started in 2014 and 3 of them only appeared once.

Alabama 5
Clemson 4
Ohio State 2
LSU 1
Georgia 1
Oregon 1

Repetitive and boring.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 08:35 PM 01-12-2021
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
Still beats that abomination of a tourney in March

[Reply]
Buehler445 08:49 PM 01-12-2021
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:

I'll admit, I tuned in for a minute and couldn't muster a single shit, so off it went.

College football literally has the worst playoff format of any sport at any level, including football at literally every other level. It blows me away CFB can’t figure out a good system.

I agree the BCS was broken, but so is the 4 team format, which might even be worse because all the other bowls have become more irrelevant. Should at minimum be 6 teams with all P5 Champions making it, 8 makes more sense for the few conferences that have 2 worthy contenders.

But I also get it that the SEC and B1G like that they normally get to avoid some of the tougher conference match ups, and don’t want them to have to risk facing multiple good opponents in the post season.
Would that change anything? It's just 2 more teams to get throttled by Clemson or Ohio State and Clemson or Ohio State would have been throttled by Alabama.

They have a parity problem not a structural problem. Fix the parity and it's a different animal. Then we can figure out if there is a structural problem.
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:49 PM 01-12-2021
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
He's a MU fan. He loved to see KU get dumped in the tournament until Norfolk State happened.
[Reply]
Page 88 of 90
« First < 38788485868788 8990 >
Up