ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 79 of 90
« First < 29697576777879 8081828389 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2020 College Football
Pointer19 06:38 PM 09-08-2020
With many teams/conferences withdrawing from competition this year, it's going to be an interesting race to the top. My bold prediction? Army is the only team to play enough games to be eligible for a bowl and wins the National Championship by default.

Army shut out Middle Tennessee, Navy got destroyed by BYU, and Air Force is too scared to play anybody other than the other academies. Who'd you watch this weekend?

[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 11:29 PM 01-01-2021
Originally Posted by srvy:
Who are these experts that label generational talent. That gets thrown out there from dumbasses that have no idea what kind of talent is at Clemson's LSU and Alabamas out there. Mahomes was highly thought of as a talent who needed a lot of work with a gunslinger mentality. He went to TT he had to be a gunslinger there. The one thing scout missed as he had all the talent in the world and was very coachable. I wish I had 100 bucks for every once in a lifetime cant miss a generational QB who turned out average at best to bust.
How many can't miss qb prospects have come out the past 2 decades? Nobody considered kyler, Stafford, or baker to be that. Lawrence is a can't miss prospect even if there are plenty of questions about the true height of his ceiling. And that makes him a rare generational prospect.
[Reply]
tredadda 11:30 PM 01-01-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Umm because I watch prospects and do my own homework.
Ok.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:31 PM 01-01-2021
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Ok.
I’m not saying I’m always right, but I trust my evaluations and stick to them.

I try not to get too high or too low.

It’s much easier for me to do the former.

For instance, I was too low on Allen and Herbert despite seeing the talent/upside. I learned a valuable lesson there.

I loved Lamar Jackson late in the 1st, but I knew the hype got way out of control last year.

That kind of hype is rarely justified.
[Reply]
tredadda 11:32 PM 01-01-2021
Ok. I am not questioning your evaluations just wondering if you were a victim of the same group think you railed others for.
[Reply]
srvy 11:32 PM 01-01-2021
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
How many can't miss qb prospects have come out the past 2 decades? Nobody considered kyler, Stafford, or baker to be that. Lawrence is a can't miss prospect even if there are plenty of questions about the true height of his ceiling. And that makes him a rare generational prospect.
:-)

Really
[Reply]
Mecca 11:34 PM 01-01-2021

I try not to get too high or too low.

It’s much easier for me to do the former.

For instance, I was too low on Allen and Herbert despite seeing the talent/upside. I learned a valuable lesson there.

I loved Lamar Jackson late in the 1st, but I knew the hype got way out of control last year.
Herbert was an erratic as fuck college player and Allen looked like he has no accuracy, that usually means bust.

Herbert being as good as he is, is why I'm very confident Lawrence will be good.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:35 PM 01-01-2021
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Ok. I am not questioning your evaluations just wondering if you were a victim of the same group think you railed others for.
No, Sewell just has some unreal tape and he’s going to be one of the two youngest guys in the draft.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:37 PM 01-01-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Herbert was an erratic as fuck college player and Allen looked like he has no accuracy, that usually means bust.

Herbert being as good as he is, is why I'm very confident Lawrence will be good.
Herbert has more upside than Lawrence IMO. The guy really has the ideal build and arm strength.

But Lawrence has the higher floor even after watching Herbert’s rookie season.

I totally expect Lawrence to be good and a franchise QB. I just don’t think he’s going to live up to the insane hype.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 11:41 PM 01-01-2021
Originally Posted by srvy:
:-)

Really
Dude, I don't know what you're smoking but there haven't been a lot of exciting #1 qb picks the past two decades. You don't get to play this bullshit hindsight game. Trevor Lawrence is an obvious #1 pick. Other than maybe burrow he is easily the best QB pick since Andrew luck. You cant possibly sell the argument that kyler or Stafford or Wentz come close to the pick Trevor Lawrence will be, or that Josh allen or mahomes didn't understandably fall out of the #1 slot. That doesn't make Trevor a generational talent but he's no doubt a generational prospect.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:44 PM 01-01-2021
Matthew Stafford was a fantastic prospect and would at least be in the same league for me as Lawrence because of upside. Yes, Lawrence is a better prospect because he’s much safer, but anybody with an eye for talent could tell you that Stafford had insane upside coming out. He still shows flashes of that talent today, but he got drafted by one of the worst organizations in the NFL.

A lesson to be learned for the Jags and their fans. Lawrence isn’t going to save your team on his own. You need to hit on your GM, HC, and other draft picks. The entire organization will have to do a 180 like their QB room.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:52 PM 01-01-2021
Matthew Stafford was a fantastic prospect and would at least be in the same league for me as Lawrence because of upside. Yes, Lawrence is a better prospect because he’s much safer, but anybody with an eye for talent could tell you that Stafford had insane upside coming out. He still shows flashes of that talent today, but he got drafted by one of the worst organizations in the NFL.

A lesson to be learned for the Jags and their fans. Lawrence isn’t going to save your team on his own. You need to hit on your GM, HC, and other draft picks. The entire organization will have to do a 180 like their QB room.
Bingo. Situation means everything. Patrick Mahomes is not Patrick Mahomes if he went somewhere like the Dolphins with Gase.

Jags have some good pieces in place tho. Shanault, Chark and Robinson, but they need to hire a quality coach or it won’t matter.

Andrew Luck is the prime example
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 07:30 AM 01-02-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Bingo. Situation means everything. Patrick Mahomes is not Patrick Mahomes if he went somewhere like the Dolphins with Gase.

Jags have some good pieces in place tho. Shanault, Chark and Robinson, but they need to hire a quality coach or it won’t matter.

Andrew Luck is the prime example
Nobody is saying Trevor Lawrence has to be a GOAT. The generational qb marker is about his status as a prospect. Trevor Lawrence will probably be good wherever he goes. A great coach makes a player go from good to great. Most top QB prospects have a low enough floor that they require a good qbs coach just for a shot at being good.

Andrew luck was going to be good wherever he went. Stafford was a good prospect too. He didn't have even close to the consistency and winning pedigree as Trevor. But people act like surefire qb prospects grow on trees. At least Stafford was a bona-fide #1. Most drafts your best available qb is baker mayfield or Carson Wentz. A qb you kinda have to take because you need one. Thats what makes him a generational prospect. He has a very high floor while also having quite a bit of upside.
[Reply]
alanm 08:48 AM 01-02-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Probably not since he was buried on Ohio States depth chart...
He would have been at Nebraska had Pelini not been fired. :-)
[Reply]
Why Not? 04:12 PM 01-02-2021
Iowa State defense is trash
[Reply]
displacedinMN 04:20 PM 01-02-2021
Oregon guy will be gone
[Reply]
Page 79 of 90
« First < 29697576777879 8081828389 > Last »
Up