ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3397 of 3903
« First < 2397289732973347338733933394339533963397 33983399340034013407344734973897 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
petegz28 09:14 AM 01-12-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
I think showing people getting it and such has or will help. I also think being straightforward with people about the vaccine and the side effects are helpful. Don't try to hide it, but explain what they are and the likelihood and such.

Basically what we should have been doing with Covid this whole time as well.
Fine line to walk. I can't get into it here because some of it gets very political.

But I agree, quit bullshitting and tell people what is what. The other side of that is people have to live with whatever choice they make. The days of "well you might infect me" are coming to an end. Get your arm stuck and eliminate the need to worry about others.
[Reply]
louie aguiar 09:26 AM 01-12-2021
https://www.wsj.com/articles/vaccine...d=breakingnews

Coronavirus Vaccine Doses That Were Held Back Now Being Released

U.S. health officials are releasing second doses of coronavirus vaccines that had been held back for booster shots and administering the vaccine to anyone over age 65 and people with pre-existing health conditions, according to a senior administration official, a shift from its earlier guidance to prioritize doses for second injections and for health-care workers.
[Reply]
blake5676 09:41 AM 01-12-2021
I just got my vaccination scheduled this morning. Get my first tomorrow morning and the second 3 weeks later. Excited to get it, but also hoping this experience and process becomes more streamlined in the coming weeks and months.

I had to fill out multiple forms online with local health dept, have a screening phone call to schedule, which both aren't a big deal. But the next instructions are to download an app, create a profile on the app, open the app outside the facility before appointment to check-in. None of that is an issue at all for me, but I have to imagine the elderly population as well as those without smartphones/technology illiterate will struggle.
[Reply]
O.city 09:50 AM 01-12-2021
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Fine line to walk. I can't get into it here because some of it gets very political.

But I agree, quit bullshitting and tell people what is what. The other side of that is people have to live with whatever choice they make. The days of "well you might infect me" are coming to an end. Get your arm stuck and eliminate the need to worry about others.
I don't think eliminating the need to worry about others is ever a good strategy.

Just don't bullshit people. There are some side effects potentially. They're rarely severe and usually only last a day or two max. The ingredients aren't going to cause genetic changes or whatever bullshit of the day is.

But there is a risk. Just like there is a risk of getting covid. Life is a risk. This helps you minimize the risk of one thing. For me personally, it was worth it to my family and my patients.

To others maybe it's not. This is different than the risk of infecting others though, but it is what it is.

Once you have vaccinations available for everyone, there shouldnt' be any restrictions anywhere. There also won't be any assistance and such if you get Covid, but thats the way it will be.
[Reply]
suzzer99 10:15 AM 01-12-2021
Apparently CA is an absolute clusterfuck and way behind pace. Some nurses still don't even know when they're going to get it.
[Reply]
Archie Bunker 10:42 AM 01-12-2021
I tested positive this morning. Thought it was just allergies but I never have allergies this time of year so that raised a red flag. Then last night I noticed I was having some shortness of breath as well so I went to the doctor this morning just to be sure.
[Reply]
TLO 11:04 AM 01-12-2021
Originally Posted by Archie Bunker:
I tested positive this morning. Thought it was just allergies but I never have allergies this time of year so that raised a red flag. Then last night I noticed I was having some shortness of breath as well so I went to the doctor this morning just to be sure.
Hope you feel better soon.
[Reply]
petegz28 11:05 AM 01-12-2021
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Apparently CA is an absolute cluster**** and way behind pace. Some nurses still don't even know when they're going to get it.
You could have stopped right there
[Reply]
loochy 11:20 AM 01-12-2021
Originally Posted by louie aguiar:
https://www.wsj.com/articles/vaccine...d=breakingnews

Coronavirus Vaccine Doses That Were Held Back Now Being Released

U.S. health officials are releasing second doses of coronavirus vaccines that had been held back for booster shots and administering the vaccine to anyone over age 65 and people with pre-existing health conditions, according to a senior administration official, a shift from its earlier guidance to prioritize doses for second injections and for health-care workers.

Good...maybe my mom can get one now. I'm certain if she would catch this she'd be a goner. Obese, hypertensive, high cholesterol, congestive heart failure...yeah
[Reply]
Marcellus 11:29 AM 01-12-2021
This link was sent to us at work today, not sure who all has visited this MO.Gov sight but there is some decent info there.

https://covidvaccine.mo.gov
[Reply]
Rain Man 11:35 AM 01-12-2021
Originally Posted by Katipan:
How about you moonlight for me and you can be in 1B.
I'm in. When do I start? What's the job? I hope it's doing something like illustrating comic books.
[Reply]
Rain Man 11:38 AM 01-12-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
I think showing people getting it and such has or will help. I also think being straightforward with people about the vaccine and the side effects are helpful. Don't try to hide it, but explain what they are and the likelihood and such.

Basically what we should have been doing with Covid this whole time as well.
Originally Posted by petegz28:

A friend of mine who is a physician made an interesting point the other day. He said that people will likely become more enthusiastic if the death statistics include vaccination status going forward. Once people start seeing that the deaths are increasingly unvaccinated people, that'll be compelling. I hadn't thought of that.

Of course, the total deaths will go down too, which should be good evidence, but if the proportion of unvaccinated people outweighs their proportion in society, that's pretty ironclad evidence.
[Reply]
suzzer99 11:51 AM 01-12-2021
I've been wondering if I have the "asymptomatic" version. I've been a bit congested, but it feels weird. Tiny little sore throat tings every now and then. Stomach a little gurgly. No fever though. I'm probably just being paranoid.
[Reply]
Katipan 11:51 AM 01-12-2021
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I'm in. When do I start? What's the job? I hope it's doing something like illustrating comic books.
A big part of the job is making sure the Broncos ingest so many edibles they don't really care that their team sucks.
[Reply]
petegz28 11:56 AM 01-12-2021
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Apparently CA is an absolute cluster**** and way behind pace. Some nurses still don't even know when they're going to get it.
Better to be safe and hide for 14 days....just in case

Or you could go get your ass tested..... :-)
[Reply]
Page 3397 of 3903
« First < 2397289732973347338733933394339533963397 33983399340034013407344734973897 > Last »
Up