ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3357 of 3903
« First < 2357285732573307334733533354335533563357 33583359336033613367340734573857 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
RunKC 03:10 PM 12-28-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I’ll believe 100 million vaccinated Americans when it happens.

It’s already now 20 million vaccines delivered. Instead of 20 million shots in arm. That’s a huge difference. Is there even a reason being given why we are falling behind schedule this early?

That schedule is going to back up farther when the people start taking up space in the schedule to get their 2nd shot.
Gov sucks at this stuff bc they are not efficient. I just hope we get this damn thing moving. Get 100 million people vaccinated by even the end of March and it will change a lot.

I think everyone will be vaccinated around the time training camp starts next season.
[Reply]
O.city 03:13 PM 12-28-2020
There's lag. Just like in deaths, this shit isn't updated in real time.

You get 100 million people vaccinated, it's the end of the pandemic. Whether is shoudl be or not is another story, but once you get this thing available to everyone, it's over.

We should have absolutely poured everything we had into having the capacity to vaccinate everyone that wants it NOW and we'd be done.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 03:21 PM 12-28-2020

By many accounts, the US will have 100 million vaccine doses by February.

I estimated yesterday that we need ~100 million people to gain immunity via vaccination to reach herd immunity.

So *theoretically*, we can reach herd immunity by March if we vaccinate the right people. pic.twitter.com/tCfZImsZ95

— Youyang Gu (@youyanggu) December 11, 2020

[Reply]
petegz28 04:00 PM 12-28-2020
Why do people have to do such stupid things?

NYC vaccine scandal under criminal investigation, leaves hundreds in limbo for second dose

https://www.foxnews.com/health/vacci...-investigation
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 04:08 PM 12-28-2020
Another Karen broken by all this.

Part II: a healthcare worker who sees overcrowded hospitals tries to reason with her, as do I. pic.twitter.com/TWvCny0Y7N

— Ty Stiklorius (@tystiklorius) December 27, 2020

[Reply]
Rain Man 04:51 PM 12-28-2020
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
I think the phrase "the right people" is the key here.

If you're giving it to a non-random sample that includes a lot of institutionalized elderly, that's going to slow down herd immunity because they're not out in society interacting with lots of people. I'm not saying that's an incorrect approach because they're clearly the most vulnerable, but I think it's an illustration of the very interesting research question we've discussed earlier. Do you vaccinate the most vulnerable first, realizing that the disease spread will last longer, or do you vaccinate the most susceptible to spread or being a spreader first, realizing that even a lower spread will reach the most vulnerable during the dissemination phase?

The odds are that there's an optimal solution to minimize deaths that's somewhere in the middle of "vaccine all of the vulnerable first" and "vaccine all of the spreaders first".
[Reply]
petegz28 04:56 PM 12-28-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
The individual places themselves don't know who has and hasn't had it so it makes sense to just ask everyone to. It is what it is.
I was being rhetorical
[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:07 PM 12-28-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:

We should have absolutely poured everything we had into having the capacity to vaccinate everyone that wants it NOW and we'd be done.
Thats what I'm missing, we had all this time to get ready. This is what ends this shitshow. How we get back to normal. What could be more important to the USA?

We could have CVS/Walgreens etc. set up a list you could voluntarily be put on to be vaccinated when it becomes available. Want to be on the ASAP list, sign up. Get texts in case of cancellation to go right now, tomorrow. They should already have this all set up.

Train and hire temp employees to give the vaccines. It's not complicated to administer. Worried about temp pulling the vaccine up properly. Have a supervisor pull it up for 10 temp employees. Expand your capacity. Book a large room. Sit up dividers. Do hundreds of vaccines at a time. Think outside the box for crissakes.

Pre-position needles, swaps etc. in states. Pile it high. Don't use them, they can be used as part of the normal medical field needs.
[Reply]
petegz28 05:13 PM 12-28-2020
Thats what I'm missing, we had all this time to get ready. This is what ends this shitshow. How we get back to normal. What could be more important to the USA?

We could have CVS/Walgreens etc. set up a list you could voluntarily be put on to be vaccinated when it becomes available. Want to be on the ASAP list, sign up. Get texts in case of cancellation to go right now, tomorrow. They should already have this all set up.

Train and hire temp employees to give the vaccines. It's not complicated to administer. Worried about temp pulling the vaccine up properly. Have a supervisor pull it up for 10 temp employees. Expand your capacity. Book a large room. Sit up dividers. Do hundreds of vaccines at a time. Think outside the box for crissakes.

Pre-position needles, swaps etc. in states. Pile it high. Don't use them, they can be used as part of the normal medical field needs.

Dude, how old are you? It's always like this. Shit doesn't get done the way it should because the people in charge are not impacted.

That being said you can't just go out and hire tons of people on a wimb.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:42 PM 12-28-2020
CDC numbers:

Doses delivered: 11,445,171
Doses Administered: 2,127,143

9 million+ doses laying around gathering dust in a medical administrative facility somewhere after taking delivery from the government instead of going into arms.
[Reply]
petegz28 05:45 PM 12-28-2020
CDC numbers:

9 million+ doses laying around gathering dust instead of going into arms.
Well there is a thing of you can only go so fast. And with healthcare workers being the focus a lot of health systems and hospitals are limiting things so only 50% of the staff get the vaccine in case shit goes bad. You can't have it taking down your entire staff.
[Reply]
loochy 05:46 PM 12-28-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Dude, how old are you? It's always like this. Shit doesn't get done the way it should because the people in charge are not impacted.

That being said you can't just go out and hire tons of people on a wimb.
Exactly...the same as its always been. Government is slow and inefficient with tons of bureaucracy and red tape. Want it done faster? Let a private company handle it.
[Reply]
louie aguiar 05:49 PM 12-28-2020
Wife got the vaccine today- very excited.
[Reply]
O.city 05:50 PM 12-28-2020
I’m guessing that number is very laggy
[Reply]
petegz28 05:52 PM 12-28-2020
CDC numbers:

9 million+ doses laying around gathering dust in a medical administrative facility somewhere after taking delivery from the government instead of going into arms.
Think of this way, and I think I am being a bit optimistic on time...

9 million doses * 20min per dose/12 hours a day of injection time

That's a lot of hours to be spread across only so many people giving the injections.
[Reply]
Page 3357 of 3903
« First < 2357285732573307334733533354335533563357 33583359336033613367340734573857 > Last »
Up