ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 3903
« First < 3910111213 1415161723631135131013 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:40 AM 03-01-2020
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
New case in Chicago.

So that means soon to be in Minneapolis-it is the first of the month so they have to come here and pick up their welfare checks.
If it appears everywhere in the USA. I'd bet money on its spread will be placed on those health care workers that processed the 34 Americans infected with the virus on the cruise ship without proper equipment. Yeah, they were asymptomatic when they got on those flights but, we knew at the time that they didn't have the right equipment and there was a 10 day incubation period.

When finished with the job those exposed to the virus got on commercial aircraft and went out all over the USA. Some of those elderly civilians on the airplanes probably got on other connecting flights. And so on and so on.
[Reply]
mlyonsd 10:48 AM 03-01-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
If it appears everywhere in the USA. I'd bet money on its spread will be placed on those health care workers that processed the 34 Americans infected with the virus on the cruise ship without proper equipment. Yeah, they were asymptomatic when they got on those flights but, we knew at the time that they didn't have the right equipment and there was a 10 day incubation period.

When finished with the job those exposed to the virus got on commercial aircraft and went out all over the USA. Some of those elderly civilians on the airplanes probably got on other connecting flights. And so on and so on.
According to Azar all the HHS employees involved the whistle blower complaint have been well over 14 days with no interaction with individuals and none became symptomatic or have the disease.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 11:04 AM 03-01-2020
Wash your hands, clean your work surfaces, stock 2 weeks of food (even if it’s Ramen) just in case. We’re not getting any transparency or competence from our government here.

https://abc7ny.com/5974999/

Originally Posted by :
The thing that's scary to me, is there's not many cases in New York, but obvious there's people like me who are coming back from places that have a lot of infections," he said.
The man, who will go by 'John' by anonymity, recently spent five days in Tokyo on business. When he returned home this week, he just knew he had a problem.

At NYU Brooklyn, they put him in isolation, and ran a battery of tests for other things - all negative. Then, per protocol, they called the CDC, because NYU Suspect COVID-19, but the CDC said no.

The CDC says they thought he wasn't sick enough - even though public health experts say most coronavirus cases are more minor, and it flies in the face of what the CDC said on a press call on Friday.

[Reply]
DaFace 11:10 AM 03-01-2020
I don't fully understand the "stock 2 weeks of food" advice I keep seeing out there. I'm not terribly worried about DoorDash and grocery delivery getting shut down, and if they do, it'll be a lot longer time period than 2 weeks.

I suppose it makes sense if you don't live in a place that has those kinds of services and you don't know anyone who could go shopping for you. Otherwise, seems a bit alarmist to me.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:14 AM 03-01-2020
Thailand confirms first death

South Korea confirms 18th death, 210 more cases

Armenia confirms first case

China cases continue to spike. Guess we take whatever China says with a grain of salt when it comes to this "peaking" they speak of. I'd love to be wrong and hope it drops like a brick soon, though

294 Israeli students are in home quarantine, among them 28 preschool children

Leader of infamous South Korean cult blamed for spreading virus to be tested for both virus and possibly for the title of "South Korea's biggest piece of shit." Also, members of the church visited Wuhan. One yikes after another

Public anger building in South Korea in response to what they feel has been a half-assed government response to the virus...and they're probably not wrong

No-brainer political decision of the year: A bipartisan effort in South Korea passes a special budget aimed at combating the virus

China offers to transport citizens stuck in other countries heavily affected by virus back to China. Ok, maybe I'm a little out of the loop here, but outside of perhaps South Korea, isn't China still the most heavily-affected country right now?

UK Prime Minister announces "battle plan" for combating virus

Trump: Americans, please try to remain calm. Remember that scene from Airplane! when the stewardess tried to say the same thing and the passengers responded in kind? Costcos everywhere reported a similar response today

Samsung Korea halts production in mobile device plant after virus case confirmed

Sharp to temporarily switch from manufacturing TVs to manufacturing masks

Beyond Meat not deterred from entering China this year even with virus still running rampant. I guess when opportunity knocks...

Milan, Italy itching to go back to normal life. Don't we all

Iranians burn down a clinic that may have been a quarantine area for virus patients. Iran, if you could just go ahead as a country and quit going full retard over this situation, that would grreaaat, mmkay? Thanks a bunch, buh bye - The world

No immediate plans to cancel, postpone, or relocate NBA, NHL, or MLB games
[Reply]
Chiefspants 11:45 AM 03-01-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I don't fully understand the "stock 2 weeks of food" advice I keep seeing out there. I'm not terribly worried about DoorDash and grocery delivery getting shut down, and if they do, it'll be a lot longer time period than 2 weeks.

I suppose it makes sense if you don't live in a place that has those kinds of services and you don't know anyone who could go shopping for you. Otherwise, seems a bit alarmist to me.
If schools/workplaces close, I’d prefer not to deal with the lunacy of shopping etc that I’m reading about in Italy (no bread, supermarkets closing, lines extending outside stores, etc). I got my shopping taken care of Thursday (stoked up on noodles, rice, etc).Yesterday I went to pick up prescriptions for gma and it was starting then. King Soupers was out of Clorox wipes, masks, and hand sanitizer and the employees said they didn’t know when they’d be able to restock. Doordash is an option, but I think I’d prefer dealing with it now than dealing with it when things get to that level.

FTR, none of this is intended to be alarmist. I’m treating this like I would before traveling a month out of country (Nepal, Kenya, etc). Funnily enough, the country that gave me most anxiety to travel to was France due to the spur of the moment riots (often violent) happening at the time. My concern is always more to do with running into the human/media driven hysteria and doing what I can to be prepared now rather than later.
[Reply]
SupDock 12:00 PM 03-01-2020

I suspect some people are worried about those services being overrun

Everyone trying to get grocery delivery, etc. Worried about the person delivering being sick as well
[Reply]
DaFace 12:13 PM 03-01-2020
Originally Posted by SupDock:
I suspect some people are worried about those services being overrun

Everyone trying to get grocery delivery, etc. Worried about the person delivering being sick as well
I get that, but if we're to that point, 2 weeks isn't going to cut it.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 12:19 PM 03-01-2020
I get that, but if we're to that point, 2 weeks isn't going to cut it.
A friend of mine is convinced we’re going to get there and has been dropping this link to everyone (basically 200 servings of MRE like food). https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:28 PM 03-01-2020
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
A friend of mine is convinced we’re going to get there and has been dropping this link to everyone (basically 200 servings of MRE like food). https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Thanks.

I'm just going to order this from now on instead of grocery shopping.
[Reply]
TLO 12:30 PM 03-01-2020
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:

:-)
[Reply]
Mennonite 12:38 PM 03-01-2020
Well, after finding out that there is a 2% mortality rate, I've decided that I will abandon life on the surface world and declare myself a Morlock.

Fair warning: henceforth anyone approaching my burrow will be treated as an enemy C.H.U.D. or a free-range Eloi.
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 12:41 PM 03-01-2020
Just stock up on some Slim-Jim's and your favorite Beef Jerky and several cases of you favorite beverage and you'll be one step ahead. Don't forget the toilet paper
[Reply]
TLO 12:42 PM 03-01-2020
Originally Posted by Mennonite:
Well, after finding out that there is a 2% mortality rate, I've decided that I will abandon life on the surface world and declare myself a Morlock.

Fair warning: henceforth anyone approaching my burrow will be treated as an enemy C.H.U.D. or a free-range Eloi.
There's a 2% mortality rate?
[Reply]
nychief 12:47 PM 03-01-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
There's a 2% mortality rate?

2.3 in wuhan... under that elsewhere. Keep in mind, while 2 percent sounds small, it'd be 7 million americans.
[Reply]
Page 13 of 3903
« First < 3910111213 1415161723631135131013 > Last »
Up