ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1888 of 2687
« First < 888138817881838187818841885188618871888 18891890189118921898193819882388 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
Rain Man 05:21 PM 07-28-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I readily admit that I'm not a huge draft guy, and I barely knew the name Mahomes prior to our pick. But when I got the alert on my phone that told me the Chiefs had traded up through half of the first round to grab a QB, you bet your ass I was excited. When Andy Reid gets that excited about a QB, you sit up and pay attention.
I follow the draft a fair bit, but I had paid no attention to the top quarterbacks because I figured they'd all be long gone by the time our #27 pick came around. I was correct about that, but not in the way I expected. Based on pre-draft coverage, I was surprised that it wasn't Watson, but I'm quite okay with how it turned out.
[Reply]
ModSocks 05:36 PM 07-28-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Reposting from the Royals thread, looks like Pat is starting to spend some legit "rich guy" money...

Great taste. Ferrari over Lambo all day everyday. Much better made car. Good color, that model is sick. Great taste, Pat.
[Reply]
OrtonsPiercedTaint 05:40 PM 07-28-2020
Pigskin, horsehide. What next prairie dog merkins?
[Reply]
staylor26 06:22 PM 07-28-2020
I think all of us that were on the Mahomes train before the draft deserve some kind of badge on our avy :-)
[Reply]
Shaid 07:26 PM 07-28-2020
He talks about what Gruden said about Mahomes the morning of the draft.

[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:52 PM 07-28-2020
Another record falls. Someone should keep a tally of all the records he breaks.

The youngest owner in sports history.
[Reply]
ptlyon 06:36 AM 07-29-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I think all of us that were on the Mahomes train before the draft deserve some kind of badge on our avy :-)
I think you'll get nothing and like it!
[Reply]
Kiimo 09:38 AM 07-29-2020
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Normally I'm not a fan of call-out threads, but there were too many pig-headed users who were against this pick in the beginning. Some of them have admitted their ignorance and shame, and we welcome them back. Some of them, like OldSchool, refuse to apologize, and they do not deserve entry to the Kingdom of Mahomes.

Note: I'm fine if Mahomes wasn't your pre-draft #1 QB in 2017. If you preferred Deshaun at the time, whatever. But when we pulled the trigger and traded up to get our first home-grown franchise QB, you damn well better have been at the very least hopeful and excited.

No, those takes were idiotic from the start.

You don't take the guy who throws 48mph over the guy who throws 62mph and the interception rate Mahomes had in college is nearly identical to what he has in the NFL. The interception worry was stupid from the start.

Mahomes had three interceptions in CAMP!!!!

Watson has outperformed but Mahomes was always the better pick from day 1
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:47 AM 07-29-2020
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
I can tell you the exact moment I found out about that pick from the aghast Denver radio jocks. It was raining, hailing even on I-25 as I was driving (I had to pull off). It was a special, special feeling. It felt like a dawn of a new era.

I had ridiculously expectations for Pat. Sometimes I even wondered if my expectations, predicated on being perpetually disappointed by the Chiefs in January since the Elway era were unfair for him. He's gone on to exceed every single one.
At the Chris Stapleton concert with spotty service. I get a text saying "we traded up!" and I knew it was for Mahomes.

Then evidently some asshole on NFL Network (or maybe ESPN; one of the two) announced his sources were saying the Chiefs had moved up for Watson, so I get that text from my buddy's who's giving me updates. I was just crestfallen. I couldn't believe it. We finally have a shot at a generational quarterback and we take this glorified Alex Smith and his pop-gun arm. I was NOT a Watson fan (he's been better than I figured he'd be).

Then I must've had a service issue because it was another 5 minutes before I get the MAHOMES!!!! text from my buddy when the pick was actually announced. He says he sent it immediately.

So I got to run the gamut of emotions for about 5 minutes there.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 09:48 AM 07-29-2020
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:

You don't take the guy who throws 48mph over the guy who throws 62mph and the interception rate Mahomes had in college is nearly identical to what he has in the NFL. The interception worry was stupid from the start.

I liked Watson coming out but his arm talent was worrying. He's in the perfect place in Houston where they have stacked deep threats and his soft lob is deadly, if not thrown with much velocity.

Mahomes had the wow factor. I watched the LSU vs Texas Tech game multiple times and couldn't see how he shouldn't go top 5. But Air Raid, Texas Tech gave us the break we needed to pounce.
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:53 AM 07-29-2020
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:

Hey man, you're preaching to the choir. I never liked Deshaun Watson all that much as a pro QB.

It appears my reservations about his ability to play in the pros were overblown. I'll own that one. But I fought against the notion that HE BEAT TEH ALABAMA HE GOAT was a valid assessment of his ability compared to Mahomes, and that part is absolutely true. Particularly the "clutch" label. Because what do you know... the "clutch" college QB blew a 24-point lead in the playoffs, and the "loser Jay Cutler clone" QB overcame 3 consecutive 10+ point deficits in the playoffs to win the Super Bowl.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 09:54 AM 07-29-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I will give you a big wet kiss at the next CP tailgate after you deck me.
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:58 AM 07-29-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
At the Chris Stapleton concert with spotty service. I get a text saying "we traded up!" and I knew it was for Mahomes.

Then evidently some asshole on NFL Network (or maybe ESPN; one of the two) announced his sources were saying the Chiefs had moved up for Watson, so I get that text from my buddy's who's giving me updates. I was just crestfallen. I couldn't believe it. We finally have a shot at a generational quarterback and we take this glorified Alex Smith and his pop-gun arm. I was NOT a Watson fan (he's been better than I figured he'd be).

Then I must've had a service issue because it was another 5 minutes before I get the MAHOMES!!!! text from my buddy when the pick was actually announced. He says he sent it immediately.

That was idiot fuck Rich Eisen on NFL Network. "Must be for a QB! Gotta be Deshaun Watson! He's the best, right?!"

People can hate on ESPN and make fun of Jon Gruden all they want, but I am forever glad I chose ESPN's draft coverage that night instead of NFL Network. When the tradeup was announced at ESPN, Gruden instantly called the shot and said, "This is going to be for Mahomes." Like the Joel Klatt story, he knew what Andy Reid really wanted in a QB, and it wasn't Deshaun fucking Watson. I didn't have to listen to a single second of draft coverage that was tainted with this smug sense of, "Woooooooaaaahhhh... they went with the OTHER guy... ehhhhhhhh???"
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:07 AM 07-29-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

I was working out at home. Had the draft on in the background, figured i'd be done by the Chiefs pick. All of a sudden i hear that they traded up and i'm pretty much in disbelief, "No fucking way...."

I musta spent the whole time leading up to the pick saying, "Please be Mahomes Please be Mahomes Please be Mahomes Please be Mahomes".

Interupted work out. Wife and her friend are annoyed....no fucks given.

Chiefs draft Mahomes and i pretty much scream in celebration like we just went to the SB.
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:11 AM 07-29-2020
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
I was working out at home. Had the draft on in the background, figured i'd be done by the Chiefs pick. All of a sudden i hear that they traded up and i'm pretty much in disbelief, "No fucking way...."

I musta spent the whole time leading up to the pick saying, "Please be Mahomes Please be Mahomes Please be Mahomes Please be Mahomes".

Interupted work out. Wife and her friend are annoyed....no fucks given.

Chiefs draft Mahomes and i pretty much scream in celebration like we just went to the SB.
Wife and friend are annoyed? What the fuck was your "work out"?
[Reply]
Page 1888 of 2687
« First < 888138817881838187818841885188618871888 18891890189118921898193819882388 > Last »
Up