ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 20 of 361
« First < 101617181920 212223243070120 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Space Exploration megathread
DaFace 09:40 AM 06-01-2014
Since a number of cool things are happening in space exploration these days, we'll widen the scope of this thread a smidge. Conversation about all things space exploration are welcome, whether it be from NASA, SpaceX, ULA, Blue Origin, or anyone else. Chances are most of the discussion will still be about SpaceX since they love to make things public and fun, but nothing's off limits. I'll eventually get around to modifying the OP to include resources for other companies too, but in the meantime, feel free to post any cool stuff you run across.

Lists of Upcoming Missions

Spoiler!

How to Watch a Live Launch
Spoiler!

Where to Learn More
Spoiler!

Glossary
Spoiler!

[Reply]
DaFace 10:13 AM 02-23-2016
Sounds like they're not very optimistic about landing this one. It's a HEAVY payload, so they can't boost back to land at all, and the barge landing will be way out there with little room for error in terms of fuel requirements. We'll see.

EDIT: Here's an actual tweet about it.

.@SpaceX on tomorrow night's launch and sea-landing attempt: "Given this mission’s unique GTO profile, a successful landing is not expected"

— Eric Berger (@SciGuySpace) February 23, 2016

[Reply]
GloryDayz 11:22 AM 02-23-2016
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Sounds like they're not very optimistic about landing this one. It's a HEAVY payload, so they can't boost back to land at all, and the barge landing will be way out there with little room for error in terms of fuel requirements. We'll see.
I looked, but can't find a link that says "SpaceX launch" tomorrow at 5:45pm. I even checked their page. Where do you go to watch live?

I have the NASAHD channel set to record, but what's listed aroung that time are "Video File" and "ISS Mission Coverage."

Ugh.
[Reply]
DaFace 11:44 AM 02-23-2016
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
I looked, but can't find a link that says "SpaceX launch" tomorrow at 5:45pm. I even checked their page. Where do you go to watch live?

I have the NASAHD channel set to record, but what's listed aroung that time are "Video File" and "ISS Mission Coverage."

Ugh.
It'll be up at the normal webcast link in the OP. NASA probably won't have any coverage of this one since it's a private launch.

You can get more info about the launch here:

https://spacexstats.com/missions/ses-9
[Reply]
eDave 01:05 PM 02-23-2016
Reddit launch thread

https://www.reddit.com/r/spacex/comm...ssion_updates/
[Reply]
GloryDayz 04:44 PM 02-23-2016
Thank you Sirs...
[Reply]
Scooter LaCanforno 05:55 PM 02-23-2016
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:

Ugh.

Spaceflightnow.com has a live feed and all Mission Status reports of all current and future launches. This is the site that most people at the Space Coast use. Launch window: 2346:14-0123 GMT (6:46:14-8:23 p.m. EST)
[Reply]
eDave 12:50 PM 02-24-2016

Weather remains 60% "go" for 6:46pm ET launch of Falcon 9, SES-9. Gusty winds, thick clouds are primary concerns: https://t.co/v0FiTJG00n

— James Dean (@flatoday_jdean) February 24, 2016

[Reply]
DaFace 01:19 PM 02-24-2016
SpaceXStats now has a "live" page for launches, which is pretty cool. You can pick what stream you want at the top, and a twitter-style update feed below with all the details. You can even do a side-by-side view of both the "glossy" feed and the "technical" feed if you want.

https://spacexstats.com/live
[Reply]
DaFace 02:51 PM 02-24-2016
Originally Posted by :
T-3h 11m
There are currently no technical issues being worked. Everything is progressing smoothly toward an on-time liftoff.

T-3h 47m
Landing site weather shows waves of 1.8 meters, wind speed of 2.0 m/s, and gusts up to 3.0 m/s.
If they manage to get this thing off the ground today, this will be one of the smoothest launches they've done. Ever since they set the date, it's been smooth sailing (though everyone technically thought they might go for earlier in February - no official announcement was made to support that though).
[Reply]
eDave 03:15 PM 02-24-2016
If they manage to get this thing off the ground today, this will be one of the smoothest launches they've done. Ever since they set the date, it's been smooth sailing (though everyone technically thought they might go for earlier in February - no official announcement was made to support that though).
It will be interesting how close they come to landing first stage without the boostback. Should learn a lot there.

Also:

NASA awards SpaceX with five more cargo missions to the International Space Station. NASA's other commercial supplier got zero.

http://www.theverge.com/2016/2/24/11...-missions-2018
[Reply]
GloryDayz 04:04 PM 02-24-2016
SpaceXStats now has a "live" page for launches, which is pretty cool. You can pick what stream you want at the top, and a twitter-style update feed below with all the details. You can even do a side-by-side view of both the "glossy" feed and the "technical" feed if you want.

https://spacexstats.com/live
On it like a duck on a June bug... Bookmarked...

Woot and thanks..
[Reply]
eDave 04:53 PM 02-24-2016
Slight weather delays
[Reply]
DaFace 04:53 PM 02-24-2016
Comment from discussion /r/SpaceX SES-9 Official Launch Discussion & Updates Thread.

Damn. I was hoping to watch before I left work. Now I'm worried I might be on the way home during the launch. :-)
[Reply]
DaFace 05:12 PM 02-24-2016
Bah. Scrubbed due to weather. Same time tomorrow.
[Reply]
eDave 02-24-2016, 05:12 PM
This message has been deleted by eDave.
GloryDayz 05:22 PM 02-24-2016
Ugh... I'll need to tape it, hockey starts for they younger son at 4:45!
[Reply]
Page 20 of 361
« First < 101617181920 212223243070120 > Last »
Up