ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 30 of 32
« First < 202627282930 3132 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Daniel Jeremiah: Many expect Chiefs to trade up for a CB
Shag 02:54 PM 04-16-2018
Not real surprising, but from here: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...oking-to-trade

Originally Posted by :
Chiefs are a candidate to trade up for a CB: The Chiefs don't own a first-round pick in this year's draft (they dealt that pick away in the Patrick Mahomes trade last year), but I won't be surprised if they move up from where they're picking in the second round (No. 54 overall). They have a glaring need at cornerback and the top cover men will be long gone by the time they are on the clock if they stay put at No. 54. They need to get into the range of picks 35-40 in order to secure a Day One starter at that position, and many around the league expect them to make that happen.

[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 11:34 PM 04-26-2018
Originally Posted by BossChief:
What?

Baltimore moved up for less than market value and using a pick next year as a huge chunk of the compensation.
Exactly in the 1st round
[Reply]
BryanBusby 11:36 PM 04-26-2018
Daniel Jeremiah said the same thing afterwards.
He sure was wrong.

Teams are legit terrified over Josh Jackson. He wouldn't be the first Iowa DB to drop like a rock.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:15 AM 04-27-2018
I watched nearly every snap Jackson played and I've been watching Iowa football pretty much every game since Ferentz arrived. Jackson is a playmaker but the concerns about him being able to play press man are founded. The simple fact is that as Boss said, he only started for 1 year and Iowa asks it's CBs to play off the ball and react, keeping the ball in front of them at all times. It's entirely possible he has the physical ability to play in the Chiefs scheme but the people that are concerned about whether or not he can aren't wrong. We simply don't know how well he can press because he wasn't really ever asked to do it.
[Reply]
Simply Red 12:47 AM 04-27-2018
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I watched nearly every snap Jackson played and I've been watching Iowa football pretty much every game since Ferentz arrived. Jackson is a playmaker but the concerns about him being able to play press man are founded. The simple fact is that as Boss said, he only started for 1 year and Iowa asks it's CBs to play off the ball and react, keeping the ball in front of them at all times. It's entirely possible he has the physical ability to play in the Chiefs scheme but the people that are concerned about whether or not he can aren't wrong. We simply don't know how well he can press because he wasn't really ever asked to do it.
hello there & have a nice weekend.
[Reply]
RealSNR 04:43 AM 04-27-2018
Originally Posted by O.city:
They were all talking about it on nfl network I wasn’t sure
NFL Network praised the Bills for how they traded down in 2017 to acquire picks in 2018 so they could move up and take Josh fucking Allen.

They're buttfucking morons half of the time.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 05:23 AM 04-27-2018
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
NFL Network praised the Bills for how they traded down in 2017 to acquire picks in 2018 so they could move up and take Josh fucking Allen.

That makes no sense.
[Reply]
BossChief 05:58 AM 04-27-2018
Nice to see ya buddy.

How ya been?
[Reply]
booger 07:00 AM 04-27-2018
Nice to see ya buddy.

How ya been?
^
What he said, good seeing you stop by!
[Reply]
ct 07:00 AM 04-27-2018
Interesting that Baltimore moves up to 32 by using pick 52, 125 and next years 2.

They took almost exactly what I said I thought it would take to move down.

I wonder if Veach offered 54, 122 and next years 2.
i thought the same thing last night, you nailed that one. cept it wasnt us.

i like the depth remaining personally. we can move up to the 35-40 range for a 4th at the discount rate these trades are happening and keep both 3rds. unless youre the aints. man they got jobbed by gb.
[Reply]
ct 07:04 AM 04-27-2018
i think i'd take josh jackson if he's sitting there @54 but i wont move up for him.

after sleepin on it, i think i'd move up for oliver, reid, or maybe carlton davis, but nobody else in the secondary. lorenzo carter is really starting to interest me however.

1 stud edge rusher, with a CB and a S prospect and our defense will be significantly improved!! OG, DE, WR later and i'm pretty happy.
[Reply]
Iowanian 08:00 AM 04-27-2018
Josh Jackson is who I'd like to see if he's there at the Chiefs pick.
[Reply]
Stryker 08:15 AM 04-27-2018
Originally Posted by RealSNR:

They're buttfucking morons half of the time.
Lol! from NFL.com:

Losers

Buffalo Bills: The Bills traded out of their No. 10 overall pick a year ago, passing on the chance to draft Patrick Mahomes or Deshaun Watson in favor of amassing draft capital. This season, the Bills used significant draft capital to trade up for quarterback Josh Allen (moving from 12th overall to seventh). The kids would call that hustling backward, especially when Allen has an uphill climb just to surpass previous Bills quarterback Tyrod Taylor's level of production.

Bills fans will point to this being the first draft for GM Brandon Beane, who was hired last May, but that only emphasizes how tricky it is to come up with a cohesive roster when the GM and coach are always in flux. Allen could prove his skeptics wrong, and his athleticism is unquestionable, but Josh Rosen has clearly displayed a more obvious NFL skill set. Allen is reminiscent of a souped-up version of another Bills first-round quarterback: J.P. Losman, a player with accuracy issues who was a star in the pre-draft season because of his measurables. Losman was taken 22nd overall in the 2004 NFL Draft and proceeded to compile a 10-23 record in Buffalo.

Give Beane some credit for his conviction in Allen and talented all-around linebacker Tremaine Edmunds (taken by the Bills at No. 16 overall), who should be a tackle machine in coach Sean McDermott's system. I hope I'm wrong about Allen, because a happy Bills fanbase makes for a better NFL.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 08:18 AM 04-27-2018
As usual, it takes Iowa football to drag you out of hiding. :-)

Don't be a stranger so much.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 08:23 AM 04-27-2018
The Bills are far from a complete roster and completely grenade'd its Day 2 to move up for a QB they didn't have to move up for, who will probably suck and 1 LB.

They still have a lot of holes and don't pick again until the end of today.
[Reply]
MotherfuckerJones 08:25 AM 04-27-2018
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
The Bills are far from a complete roster and completely grenade'd its Day 2 to move up for a QB they didn't have to move up for, who will probably suck and 1 LB.

They still have a lot of holes and don't pick again until the end of today.
The fans aren’t happy. Neither are the radio hosts
[Reply]
Page 30 of 32
« First < 202627282930 3132 >
Up