ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: What color is your vehicle (or are your vehicles)?
Purple 0 0%
Blue 27 16.56%
Green 8 4.91%
Yellow 2 1.23%
Gold 1 0.61%
Beige 3 1.84%
Brown 4 2.45%
Red 30 18.40%
Burgundy 12 7.36%
White 34 20.86%
Silver 25 15.34%
Gray 27 16.56%
Black 51 31.29%
Other 13 7.98%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 163. You may not vote on this poll
Page 4 of 10
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>What color is your vehicle?
stevieray 08:22 AM 04-17-2021
I've been traveling a bit and my artist eye has been noticing something.

The majority of vehicles are white, black or some shade of grey, and I'd bet its across the country.

Sure you'll see flashes of reds and blues, but not much color out there. Sterile and mundane and boring.

We're losing our individuality.

Fascinating to watch.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:04 AM 04-17-2021
Originally Posted by stevieray:
then why respond?

I think the meaning of the thread has escaped you.
I was commenting on your proposed meaning of the thread. We aren't "losing our individuality" because cars are pumped out of the factory in muted colors, you old fart lol

Anyone can take their ass to an auto shop and get candy apple red or metallic lime green anytime. This isn't some conspiracy from Big Auto.
[Reply]
vailpass 10:06 AM 04-17-2021
Originally Posted by lewdog:
White (snowflake sparkles!)
Black
Gold
Sparkly!

Silver
Black
Red
[Reply]
Bugeater 10:11 AM 04-17-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I was commenting on your proposed meaning of the thread. We aren't "losing our individuality" because cars are pumped out of the factory in muted colors, you old fart lol

Anyone can take their ass to an auto shop and get candy apple red or metallic lime green anytime. This isn't some conspiracy from Big Auto.
The problem with that is, no paint job is ever as good as the one the factory puts on a car, and it's also quite expensive to have it done properly.
[Reply]
gblowfish 10:11 AM 04-17-2021
All three of our cars are dark blue. I had a Green Jeep Grand Cherokee in 1993 but I've never owned a black or white car. I've noticed when I commute that cars who speed, tailgate or weave in and out of traffic are usually Nissans, Audis, Lexus or VW. Not sure why.
[Reply]
Chiefaholic 10:12 AM 04-17-2021
Red truck, black Mustang, and white Malibu.

Had a 78 Camaro in high school that was three parts red/two parts orange.
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:13 AM 04-17-2021

I know some manufacturers now charge for any color that's not white, black, or gray.... but, I do find it interesting they're so much in demand these days.

I mean.... this is a world where it's not enough just to wear a mask, but to have all sorts of individualized masks. And obviously all of the other chances to express individuality day to day.

Yet, the data clearly shows the demand is for boring car colors... it's weird.
[Reply]
Monticore 10:14 AM 04-17-2021

I got mine grey for resale value and not having to wash it as much and when I did have a red car I seemed to get a lot more speeding tickets, so I figure a more muted color might help , with my grey Explorer which at a quick glace can look like the police ghost cars I haven't gotten any just possible coincidence though , I may be overthinking my whole choosing process but not sure it had anything to do with my individuality.
[Reply]
Bugeater 10:15 AM 04-17-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
I know some manufacturers now charge for any color that's not white, black, or gray.... but, I do find it interesting they're so much in demand these days.

I mean.... this is a world where it's not enough just to wear a mask, but to have all sorts of individualized masks. And obviously all of the other chances to express individuality day to day.

Is it really that they're in demand, or is it because that's what's available?
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:17 AM 04-17-2021
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
The problem with that is, no paint job is ever as good as the one the factory puts on a car, and it's also quite expensive to have it done properly.
Well, and people aren't buying white and gray because that's the only options available, and then turning around and getting another paint job.... people clearly want those colors. And there are limited choices sometimes, but I believe you can generally pay something like $500 to express individuality, which would make more sense than repainting it.
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:21 AM 04-17-2021
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
Is it really that they're in demand, or is it because that's what's available?
I just clicked on a Corolla, Camry, and a couple of Chevys, and they all had ~3-5 colors that weren't black/white/gray. I went to a local dealership website and while it's definitely a lot of black/white/gray, ever ~3-5 cars was something else. :-)
[Reply]
Mama Hip Rockets 10:22 AM 04-17-2021
This is indeed a strange phenomenon. Once in a while, I'll see a car that's bright pink or purple or even light blue or green, and I'll wonder why there aren't more of them out there.
[Reply]
prhom 10:23 AM 04-17-2021
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
My RAM is white

My wifes Durango is silver black

If I ever update my Ram I may go black although there;'a a Burgandy/Red color out there that is absolutely beautiful

Also have a CJ7 that is camo painted completely with speedliner. It's really cool!
The color you are looking for is Delmonico Red. I have a Ram with that color and the blackout trim. Just a great looking combo. I don’t get as many comments on it as when it was brand new, but for the first year or so it was kind of crazy. I didn’t buy it to get the attention and it’s just a stock truck otherwise, so I didn’t expect people to go out of their way to compliment it.
[Reply]
vailpass 10:24 AM 04-17-2021
Originally Posted by Chiefaholic:

Had a 78 Camaro in high school that was three parts red/two parts orange.
Including the bondo ? :-)
[Reply]
ChiliConCarnage 10:26 AM 04-17-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:

Like homes, it's a pricey acquisition and not swapped easily or cheaply. You can wear a crazy mask Saturday, wake up for church service Sunday and put on a plain white or black mask.
[Reply]
old_geezer 10:30 AM 04-17-2021
Metallic Granite is the "official color". Sparkly dark gray would be a more accurate description. :-)
[Reply]
Page 4 of 10
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Up