ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: What color is your vehicle (or are your vehicles)?
Purple 0 0%
Blue 27 16.56%
Green 8 4.91%
Yellow 2 1.23%
Gold 1 0.61%
Beige 3 1.84%
Brown 4 2.45%
Red 30 18.40%
Burgundy 12 7.36%
White 34 20.86%
Silver 25 15.34%
Gray 27 16.56%
Black 51 31.29%
Other 13 7.98%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 163. You may not vote on this poll
Page 3 of 10
< 123 4567 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>What color is your vehicle?
stevieray 08:22 AM 04-17-2021
I've been traveling a bit and my artist eye has been noticing something.

The majority of vehicles are white, black or some shade of grey, and I'd bet its across the country.

Sure you'll see flashes of reds and blues, but not much color out there. Sterile and mundane and boring.

We're losing our individuality.

Fascinating to watch.
[Reply]
neech 09:16 AM 04-17-2021
Grey and flat black
[Reply]
Bugeater 09:17 AM 04-17-2021
My favorite car color of all time is Pontiac's Firethorn Red. Pictures don't do it justice.

[Reply]
Buehler445 09:19 AM 04-17-2021
Originally Posted by Monticore:
Both of ours are grey, trying to find the perfect grey to hide all the dirt, I like the look of black or white only when they are clean. When I comes to colors they are all too flashy for me .
Pearl White is the answer. It looks pretty good unless it’s muddy, then everything looks like shit.

My last 2 were Pearl. Couldn’t find one Pearl this time around.
[Reply]
Bugeater 09:19 AM 04-17-2021
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:

Lew-white with snowflake sparkles?????? I thought you were a Type A.
I believe that's their Mazda, my wife's CX-5 is the same color. It's a less boring type of white.
[Reply]
rockymtnchief 09:22 AM 04-17-2021
My buddy and I were talking about this the other day. He drives old Fords with the original paint and old FXRs with the original paint. All of them are in a 2-tone scheme like black/burgundy, brown/tan, orange/black, etc...

Everything now seems to come in a single color.

Anyway, grey Ford pick-up, burgundy VMAX and a green atv.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:28 AM 04-17-2021
Originally Posted by stevieray:
then why respond?

I think the meaning of the thread has escaped you.
It’s an opinion. Just likes yours that car color has to do with someone losing their individuality.
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 09:30 AM 04-17-2021
Perhaps for resale value? I haven’t been able to move my hot pink w/ purple racing stripes Prius for a year...

Just joking on the Prius..white GMC Yukon for me
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 09:30 AM 04-17-2021
Cadillac Pearl White on my Esclade
[Reply]
stevieray 09:33 AM 04-17-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
It’s an opinion. .
ok...but it's not about "giving a shit"

it's just an observation.
[Reply]
jdubya 09:39 AM 04-17-2021
2 white trucks
1 black Chevy Tahoe
1 red fusion
1 white jeep
1 cream VW

Side note: my wife lived in France for 10 years and says white vehicles are extremely rare and considered dull or lowly.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 09:44 AM 04-17-2021
Originally Posted by mililo4cpa:
Perhaps for resale value? I haven’t been able to move my hot pink w/ purple racing stripes Prius for a year...

Just joking on the Prius..white GMC Yukon for me
neighbor traded a prius in on a Ram 1500
[Reply]
Spott 09:52 AM 04-17-2021
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I've only had one black car - a '99 Monte Carlo. I loved it, and it was a beautiful car. But goddamn it was impossible to keep clean. Reminded me of my old white Navy uniforms. I'll never own another vehicle that color.

My previous car was a silver Impala. That was probably the best color for hiding dirt, but it was so bland and ubiquitous that I felt like I was driving a gallon jug of milk.
I did have a cherry red Nissan Frontier with black trim that I liked, but all of other vehicles since my first car in high school have been black. I even have all black rims with dark tinted windows. It’s hard to keep clean and would probably be much harder if I lived up north, but it always looks great after a good wash.
[Reply]
Lzen 09:53 AM 04-17-2021
On a related note, I have taken notice over the years that many Harleys are black. That always annoyed me. Boring robots. I do understand that paint is more expensive. I believe my bike's paint job was about $800 more than factory stock black when I bought it new in 2013.
[Reply]
jdubya 09:56 AM 04-17-2021
Originally Posted by Spott:
I did have a cherry red Nissan Frontier with black trim that I liked, but all of other vehicles since my first car in high school have been black. I even have all black rims with dark tinted windows. It’s hard to keep clean and would probably be much harder if I lived up north, but it always looks great after a good wash.
I used to have a 1986 Chevy 3/4 ton that was red on black. To this day it was the best looking rig I’ve ever had.
[Reply]
Frazod 10:03 AM 04-17-2021
Originally Posted by Spott:
Yeah, for about a day. A light rain would ruin it. If it was dry, parking it outside at the train station would cause it to get dusty. Then the first rain would combine with the dust to make it look like shit. Hell, I remember one time I took it to the car wash and hit a puddle on the way home that ruined it. I washed that car four or five times more often than anything else I owned before or since. Keeping it clean was like trying to bail out a sinking boat with a coffee cup.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 10
< 123 4567 > Last »
Up