ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 12
« First < 56789 101112 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Didn't get what the big deal was about the whole Boulevard dealio.
BIG_DADDY 09:41 AM 04-16-2021
I have had a lot of great beers living in N California for 35 years. I tried a Boulevard beer once and I have to admit I didn't get what the big deal was. Last night I went to a place called On Tap. They have 40 beers on tap. I tried the Boulevard Quadruple bourbon barrel aged with cherries. WOW, I get it now. What are your favorites? I gotta try some now that they are more available.
[Reply]
Saulbadguy 01:38 PM 04-17-2021
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
More evidence that you never have a clue WTF you are talking about no matter the subject.

What makes Canoe Paddle a "Non Craft" beer?
It’s produced by a macro brewery. I’m guessing that was his point.
[Reply]
Saulbadguy 01:39 PM 04-17-2021
More evidence that you never have a clue WTF you are talking about no matter the subject.

What makes Canoe Paddle a "Non Craft" beer?
Originally Posted by phisherman:
We canned a fresh run of Rad AF yesterday at City Barrel and we'll also can a run on 4/20. The dankest batch of Rad AF ever.

I've probably ran 2000 miles or more sweating off freakin' Rad AF. One of my fraternity brothers is one of the owners of City Barrel and he'd brewed that recipe for several years prior to opening as a homebrewer.

It's funny; a lot of my good friends opened breweries in the last few years and they've all seen great success.

While I am down with all that have been recommended thus far, I stick with the following list. First, the Kansas City "ABCs".

Alma Mader
BKS Artisan Ales
City Barrel

Don't sleep on Torn Label, Crane, Emperial, Servaes, Transparent, Diametric, Grains and Taps, Fringe, Windshift, Apex or Three Trails. I'm sure I've forgotten some too. My main pick for best new brewery is PATHLIGHT in Lenexa/Shawnee. The owners are cool AF and are sharp and astute brewers. You really can't go wrong in KC when it comes to craft. If anyone has questions, please ask.
I really didn’t care for Transparent.
[Reply]
BWillie 01:45 PM 04-17-2021
What about this beer snobs?

[Reply]
Saulbadguy 01:56 PM 04-17-2021
Originally Posted by BWillie:
What about this beer snobs?

Probably tastes good and will get you very drunk quickly
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 01:57 PM 04-17-2021
Just drink a vodka soda lmao
[Reply]
|Zach| 03:44 PM 04-17-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Uh, did you forget that you've already posted in this thread, including a picture of your beer? Maybe something to keep in mind in the future when you're shitposting.
Amazing
[Reply]
Otter 03:48 PM 04-17-2021
I was talking with Bwana and cherry beer not too long ago. Seems like an odd combo to me.

May reluctantly may take a sip one day. Then maybe I'll take a bite of a raw onion and chug a glass of milk.

We'll see.
[Reply]
Marcellus 04:16 PM 04-17-2021
Originally Posted by Saulbadguy:
:-)

Is Boulevard a craft brewery?
[Reply]
Saulbadguy 04:18 PM 04-17-2021
:-)

Is Boulevard a craft brewery?
Yes - not official by any means but I believe the classification is “Regional brewery”

Macro>Regional>Micro>Nano
[Reply]
phisherman 06:23 PM 04-17-2021
I really didn’t care for Transparent.
They're not bad. No technically offensive beers but nothing that's going to wow you. The food they serve in house is amazing too. I don't get out there much but if I'm out by Lukas in Martin City it's worth a stop.
[Reply]
scho63 06:27 PM 04-17-2021
Originally Posted by J Diddy:
Tank 7 is pretty good and I wouldn't turn it down, but for the money I'll drink my Dunkel.
Won't diss Dunkel.

Also Dinkel is good.

Only time Dink and Dunk are positive! :-)
[Reply]
cooper barrett 07:01 PM 04-17-2021
My local brewery, nationally award winning, makes a great Black Cherry Stout with about 10%ABW.

I never felt the desire to spit it out, quite the opposite.

Originally Posted by Otter:
I was talking with Bwana and cherry beer not too long ago. Seems like an odd combo to me.

May reluctantly may take a sip one day. Then maybe I'll take a bite of a raw onion and chug a glass of milk.

We'll see.

[Reply]
Lzen 07:07 PM 04-17-2021
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I don't understand how anybody actually likes the taste of beer. They used to say you have to get used to it or it will grow on you. No, its because it doesn't taste good. If it didnt have alcohol nobody would drink it. Thats why all of the watery shitty beers are so popular because it deadens the test of an otherwise super disgusting beverage. People may prefer beer over cocktails because it allows for them to be "doing something" in social situations instead of sipping on some mixed drinks or whiskey.
I know what you mean. Like you, I used to hate beer. But then I grew up.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 07:08 PM 04-17-2021
I didn't remember the Lucas being there, Guess it'd been a while since I was in the area. I have not been to any of the breweries in Martin City. It's like what I am going to be doing before and after my next rack of lamb at Jack's Stack.

Originally Posted by phisherman:
They're not bad. No technically offensive beers but nothing that's going to wow you. The food they serve in house is amazing too. I don't get out there much but if I'm out by Lukas in Martin City it's worth a stop.

[Reply]
Lzen 07:09 PM 04-17-2021
What does any of that have to do with being a craft brewery? Craft brew does not automatically mean micro brewery.

I mean, perhaps you guys have a different definition of craft beer than I always thought it was. I mean, Sam Adams is craft beer.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 12
« First < 56789 101112 >
Up