ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 12
« First < 678910 1112 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Didn't get what the big deal was about the whole Boulevard dealio.
BIG_DADDY 09:41 AM 04-16-2021
I have had a lot of great beers living in N California for 35 years. I tried a Boulevard beer once and I have to admit I didn't get what the big deal was. Last night I went to a place called On Tap. They have 40 beers on tap. I tried the Boulevard Quadruple bourbon barrel aged with cherries. WOW, I get it now. What are your favorites? I gotta try some now that they are more available.
[Reply]
Saulbadguy 07:10 PM 04-17-2021
Originally Posted by Lzen:
I know what you mean. Like you, I used to hate beer. But then I grew up.
I fucking love beer. I rarely drink enough to be shitfaced...just love the taste and experience. I really do plan vacations around breweries I want to visit.
[Reply]
Lzen 07:11 PM 04-17-2021
Originally Posted by Saulbadguy:
I ****ing love beer. I rarely drink enough to be shitfaced...just love the taste and experience. I really do plan vacations around breweries I want to visit.
Exactly!
[Reply]
Saulbadguy 07:16 PM 04-17-2021
Originally Posted by Lzen:
What does any of that have to do with being a craft brewery? Craft brew does not automatically mean micro brewery.

I mean, perhaps you guys have a different definition of craft beer than I always thought it was. I mean, Sam Adams is craft beer.
I really don’t care either way. It’s just a dumb industry term, I was just trying to decipher the intent of the post.
[Reply]
Bearcat 07:24 PM 04-17-2021
I fucking love beer. I rarely drink enough to be shitfaced...just love the taste and experience. I really do plan vacations around breweries I want to visit.
Absolutely. Before going to Florida recently, I was being asked if I had looked at things to do, etc.... and I was like, uh, you mean breweries and bottle shops? Yep, got it covered! :-)
[Reply]
Saulbadguy 07:29 PM 04-17-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Absolutely. Before going to Florida recently, I was being asked if I had looked at things to do, etc.... and I was like, uh, you mean breweries and bottle shops? Yep, got it covered! :-)
I’m trying to convince my wife to go on a Bozeman, MT trip just so I can visit Mountains Walking :-)
[Reply]
Bearcat 08:18 PM 04-17-2021
I’m trying to convince my wife to go on a Bozeman, MT trip just so I can visit Mountains Walking :-)
Well, there's Yellowstone at least, and I'm sure some of those drives would be awesome.

I'm trying to convince myself to vacation in Decorah, Iowa. :-)
[Reply]
Saulbadguy 09:30 PM 04-17-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Well, there's Yellowstone at least, and I'm sure some of those drives would be awesome.

I'm trying to convince myself to vacation in Decorah, Iowa. :-)
We went there last summer. Topeka > Des Moines and visited Lua (the best), Barntown, Exile, and Confluence. After that drove to Rochester, MI for Forager, then Decorah for TG and Pulpit Rock.
[Reply]
In58men 06:57 AM 04-18-2021
Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY:
I have had a lot of great beers living in N California for 35 years. I tried a Boulevard beer once and I have to admit I didn't get what the big deal was. Last night I went to a place called On Tap. They have 40 beers on tap. I tried the Boulevard Quadruple bourbon barrel aged with cherries. WOW, I get it now. What are your favorites? I gotta try some now that they are more available.
Have you tried Zeus? Brewed in Bakersfield Cali?
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:54 AM 04-18-2021
We went there last summer. Topeka > Des Moines and visited Lua (the best), Barntown, Exile, and Confluence. After that drove to Rochester, MI for Forager, then Decorah for TG and Pulpit Rock.
Hmm... the first Lua beer I clicked on had some high praise, saying it was better than TG.

Damnit, that's another 3 hours driving through Iowa.
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 08:58 PM 04-18-2021
Originally Posted by In58men:
Have you tried Zeus? Brewed in Bakersfield Cali?
No. I would love to try it though. Never seen in in the bay area.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 09:09 PM 04-18-2021
Lunar Ale>Amber Ale
[Reply]
In58men 09:45 PM 04-18-2021
Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY:
No. I would love to try it though. Never seen in in the bay area.
I’ve never shipped beer before, but I can hook you up if needed. Not a big deal.
[Reply]
Fish 12:13 AM 04-19-2021
BBQ Whooo!

[Reply]
|Zach| 12:39 AM 04-19-2021
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
Lunar Ale>Amber Ale
I really liked Lunar Ale a lot. I think it was just a weird beer that slipped through the cracks because it did not fit in a neat box style wise. It has been years maybe my taste buds today would tell a different story.
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 07:51 PM 04-23-2021
OK, at everyone's suggestion I am drinking cask 7 in a bottle right now. To me you can tell this is a great IPA. To those who love this please try a Pliny the Elder or Doghead fish 60 or 90. Tell me me how you think they compare. Unfortunately for me I have still never had Pliny the younger. I understand it is the best of the best. Hopefully I can will sample it on tap one day. I know the boulevard quadruple barrel aged in bourbon casks with cherries was on tap and don't say this often, it was world class.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 12
« First < 678910 1112 >
Up