ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 12
1 234511 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Didn't get what the big deal was about the whole Boulevard dealio.
BIG_DADDY 09:41 AM 04-16-2021
I have had a lot of great beers living in N California for 35 years. I tried a Boulevard beer once and I have to admit I didn't get what the big deal was. Last night I went to a place called On Tap. They have 40 beers on tap. I tried the Boulevard Quadruple bourbon barrel aged with cherries. WOW, I get it now. What are your favorites? I gotta try some now that they are more available.
[Reply]
ModSocks 09:42 AM 04-16-2021
Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY:
What are your favorites? I gotta try some now that they are more available.
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=227168
[Reply]
Donger 09:43 AM 04-16-2021
Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY:
I have had a lot of great beers living in N California for 35 years. I tried a Boulevard beer once and I have to admit I didn't get what the big deal was. Last night I went to a place called On Tap. They have 40 beers on tap. I tried the Boulevard Quadruple bourbon barrel aged with cherries. WOW, I get it now. What are your favorites? I gotta try some now that they are more available.
Did it come with a little umbrella?
[Reply]
kstater 09:44 AM 04-16-2021
For price and taste to go with the abv, you can't beat tank 7

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 09:50 AM 04-16-2021
I tried Leinenkugel’s Canoe Paddle Kölsch recently. Not bad for a non-craft beer.
[Reply]
stevieray 09:51 AM 04-16-2021
Originally Posted by kstater:
Tank 7
/thread

I'm about to convert a Cassel jersey to say this.
[Reply]
louie aguiar 09:51 AM 04-16-2021
Originally Posted by kstater:
For price and taste to go with the abv, you can't beat tank 7

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
This. Tank 7 is my favorite of the Blvd beers.
[Reply]
lcarus 09:55 AM 04-16-2021
When I'm at a bar, I almost always go Boulevard.

80 Acre was great, but I guess that got discontinued?
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:56 AM 04-16-2021
Around here, a lot of places seem to have Boulevard Wheat on tap and I'm more of an IPA guy. I usually just go local. We have some good breweries around here.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 09:57 AM 04-16-2021
Tank 7 is pound for pound their best beer when you factor in drinkablity, price, and alcohol content.

Their barrel aged stuff is a real treat. Big fan of the stout myself.
[Reply]
kepp 09:59 AM 04-16-2021
+1 for Tank 7

You should also try "The Sixth Glass Quadruple Ale"
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:03 AM 04-16-2021
BBQ is one of the very few Boulevard beers that I still drink. I started craft beer with their Pale Ale, Single/Double Wide IPAs, Dark Truth, Bourbon Barrel Quad, Nutcracker Ale, Irish Ale....

...over time though, craft beer has really taken off and IMO, (my unpopular opinion on a KC board, of course) Boulevard got left behind. Granted, my go-to is huge stouts, which is a relatively niche thing.

To answer your question, BBQ is just about it, IMO, unless maybe some of the IPA offerings or Tank 7 if you like Belgian beer (it's the huge favorite, but it's not for me). I still try their special releases from time to time, but they're generally disappointing.

I talked to a guy who lives in Sacramento the other day and I mentioned New Glory to him... once had their Mindshaker Key Lime Pie IPA and it's an amazing beer.
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:06 AM 04-16-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Around here, a lot of places seem to have Boulevard Wheat on tap and I'm more of an IPA guy. I usually just go local. We have some good breweries around here.
I'm getting a bottle of Toppling Goliath soon and I'm pretty stoked, since they're in absolute BFE Iowa and I'd never have a reason to be within like 3 hours of it (and apparently it's 3 hours from Des Moines, which kind of blows my mind that you can drive that far and still be in Iowa).
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:06 AM 04-16-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
BBQ is one of the very few Boulevard beers that I still drink. I started craft beer with their Pale Ale, Single/Double Wide IPAs, Dark Truth, Bourbon Barrel Quad, Nutcracker Ale, Irish Ale....

...over time though, craft beer has really taken off and IMO, Boulevard got left behind. Granted, my go-to is huge stouts, which is a relatively niche thing.

To answer your question, BBQ is just about it, IMO, unless maybe some of the IPA offerings or Tank 7 if you like Belgian beer (it's the huge favorite, but it's not for me). I still try their special releases from time to time, but they're generally disappointing.

I talked to a guy who lives in Sacramento the other day and I mentioned New Glory to him... once had their Mindshaker Key Lime Pie IPA and it's an amazing beer.
I would imagine it's because Boulevard is too big to really be a microbrewery anymore. The more successful a brewer gets, the more "ordinary" their beer becomes IMO.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:07 AM 04-16-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
I'm getting a bottle of Toppling Goliath soon and I'm pretty stoked, since they're in absolute BFE Iowa and I'd never have a reason to be within like 3 hours of it (and apparently it's 3 hours from Des Moines, which kind of blows my mind that you can drive that far and still be in Iowa).
Where are they located?
[Reply]
Page 1 of 12
1 234511 > Last »
Up