ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 26
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Call Your Shot: Who will be the Chiefs first pick?
staylor26 09:37 AM 04-05-2021
If they stay at 31: Samuel Cosmi, OT, Texas

If they trade up: Teven Jenkins, OT, Oklahoma St.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:50 AM 04-06-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
We're in a bad spot in that the positions we need to fill are pretty tough to fill at the spots we're picking.

LT, DE and QB are high round positions normally. So you're gonna have to wheel and deal or develop someone not as highly rated.
I think we can get a DE in the 3rd or 4th round and be okay.

LT is just going to depend on what they do. I’d be just fine with taking Cosmi and signing Okung to start out the year.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:51 AM 04-06-2021
Originally Posted by lcarus:
Is the difference between Darrisaw and the guys available at 31 (Eichenberg, Leatherwood, Cosmi, Radunz - whoever it may be) worth giving all of that up? I don't know these college players so I'm just curious.
No, I don't believe it is. That's my issue with it.
[Reply]
xbarretx 10:01 AM 04-06-2021
Leon Sandcastle
[Reply]
staylor26 10:16 AM 04-06-2021
We're in a bad spot in that the positions we need to fill are pretty tough to fill at the spots we're picking.

LT, DE and QB are high round positions normally. So you're gonna have to wheel and deal or develop someone not as highly rated.
This class has depth at LT and DE.

So no, I don’t think we’re in that much of a “tough spot”.
[Reply]
Direckshun 10:25 AM 04-06-2021
Is the difference between Darrisaw and the guys available at 31 (Eichenberg, Leatherwood, Cosmi, Radunz - whoever it may be) worth giving all of that up? I don't know these college players so I'm just curious.
He's far better than those guys, with an All Pro ceiling.

Let's not forget, we are not in a vacuum here. We have the league's best QB to protect.

Veach was willing to sell Arrowhead Stadium to land Trent Williams.

We'll see if he feels the same way in the Draft.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:30 AM 04-06-2021
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
He's far better than those guys, with an All Pro ceiling.

Let's not forget, we are not in a vacuum here. We have the league's best QB to protect.

Veach was willing to sell Arrowhead Stadium to land Trent Williams.

We'll see if he feels the same way in the Draft.
And the Virginia Tech offense that he came from doesn’t worry you?
[Reply]
RunKC 10:35 AM 04-06-2021

If we pass on tackles in the first 50 picks then I’ll worry bc you’re looking at the projects who have no business starting at LT this year and Okung will get hurt.

They need to get back to Ingram after the draft and try to get him for a fair deal
[Reply]
Buns 10:36 AM 04-06-2021
Fullback
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 10:48 AM 04-06-2021
I doubt it.
[Reply]
O.city 10:55 AM 04-06-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
This class has depth at LT and DE.

So no, I don’t think we’re in that much of a “tough spot”.
Yeah there's for sure depth. But depth doesn't always mean "elite". If you're looking for an elite DE or elite LT, usually, you're gonna have to spend a pretty hefty pick for that guy. Not always.

The more I read about this class, I'm just not sure about the LT depth. There very well could be, but I'm not sure once you get past the top 3 or 4 that it doesn't thin out.

With how they run the DL rotations here, I'm more optimistic on getting a DE who can play well there. But with the way Andy leaves the T's on islands, I'm not sure you can go with the guys available in the later picks like we may have to and be ok for a while.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:56 AM 04-06-2021
My #1 dark horse is probably Leatherwood.

I think the Chiefs are going to love the measurables.

Originally Posted by :
The 2020 Outland Trophy Winner measured in at 6-foot-5, 312 pounds. He posted a 85 3/8-inch wingspan (98th percentile) and a 34.5-inch vertical leap (98th percentile). He ran a 4.96 40-yard dash (94th percentage) and posted a 9-foot, 10-inch broad jump (99th percentile).

[Reply]
O.city 10:56 AM 04-06-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
I think we can get a DE in the 3rd or 4th round and be okay.

LT is just going to depend on what they do. I’d be just fine with taking Cosmi and signing Okung to start out the year.
I don't really want anything to do with Okung. He's just too injury prone for me. If you're taking one at 31, put him next to Thuney, give him some help blocking wise for a while and bring him along slowly. Don't just put him on the island and make him sink or swim.
[Reply]
O.city 10:57 AM 04-06-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
My #1 dark horse is probably Leatherwood.

I think the Chiefs are going to love the measurables.
I'm just not sure...what position do you play him at? LT?
[Reply]
staylor26 10:57 AM 04-06-2021
Yeah there's for sure depth. But depth doesn't always mean "elite". If you're looking for an elite DE or elite LT, usually, you're gonna have to spend a pretty hefty pick for that guy. Not always.

The more I read about this class, I'm just not sure about the LT depth. There very well could be, but I'm not sure once you get past the top 3 or 4 that it doesn't thin out.

With how they run the DL rotations here, I'm more optimistic on getting a DE who can play well there. But with the way Andy leaves the T's on islands, I'm not sure you can go with the guys available in the later picks like we may have to and be ok for a while.
Well yea when I say depth that doesn’t mean you can get a LT on day 3.

But you can get guys like Forsythe, Little, Brown, Ball etc. on day 2.

Also, I don’t think we need “elite”. We just need good players at those positions.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:59 AM 04-06-2021
I'm just not sure...what position do you play him at? LT?
Yea. He’s one of the only fringe round 1 guys that have the measurables that they typically look for at T.

I mean he’s a rare specimen physically. Just look at this:

Originally Posted by :
The 2020 Outland Trophy Winner measured in at 6-foot-5, 312 pounds. He posted a 85 3/8-inch wingspan (98th percentile) and a 34.5-inch vertical leap (98th percentile). He ran a 4.96 40-yard dash (94th percentage) and posted a 9-foot, 10-inch broad jump (99th percentile).

[Reply]
Page 6 of 26
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Up