ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 26
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Call Your Shot: Who will be the Chiefs first pick?
staylor26 09:37 AM 04-05-2021
If they stay at 31: Samuel Cosmi, OT, Texas

If they trade up: Teven Jenkins, OT, Oklahoma St.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 08:28 AM 04-06-2021
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
I think they're going to trade up in the 1st.

I think they'd prefer to stay put and take Cosmi in a normal year where they wouldn't have to start him at LT right away. But that's not an option with our current roster.

I also think they'd prefer to stay put and take Liam Eichenberg, who you can plug in right now but would have a lower ceiling (and less of a stylistic fit) than Cosmi, but Eichenberg's just too valuable as a surefire 10-year competent starter at LT. They'd have to trade up a few slots to get him.

Veach was hyperaggressive in trying to get Trent Williams. So I think trading up 6 spots or so to get Eichenberg just isn't his style.

Trading up 10-15 spots, however, to get Christian Darrisaw, who you could start right away and provides you Pro Bowl or All Pro potential and would be a perfect scheme fit? That's the kind of swing-for-the-fenches move that, to me, sounds like vintage Brett Veach.

I think we trade up for Darrisaw, but it's going to cost us.
I agree. Go big or go home.
[Reply]
O.city 08:59 AM 04-06-2021
The problem with trading up far enough to get Darrisaw is you'd probably have to get to 12 or so. Going from 31 to 12 is gonna be....pricey.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:02 AM 04-06-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
The problem with trading up far enough to get Darrisaw is you'd probably have to get to 12 or so. Going from 31 to 12 is gonna be....pricey.
27 to 10 cost us two firsts and a third. So you’re looking at that as a minimum. Dude better fucking be worth it.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:04 AM 04-06-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
27 to 10 cost us two firsts and a third. So you’re looking at that as a minimum. Dude better fucking be worth it.
Yep.

If you trade away the top of next year's draft for a LT, he better be a 16-game starter right away and he better be at least good.

It's a huge risk.
[Reply]
O.city 09:05 AM 04-06-2021
27 to 10 cost us two firsts and a third. So you’re looking at that as a minimum. Dude better ****ing be worth it.
Really it was just a first and a third. You get their first so you're technically only out a 2 picks.

LT is so important I'd understand the swing for it. In the grand scheme of things, giving up pick 31 this year and say our first next year and third this year isn't THAT crazy.
[Reply]
O.city 09:08 AM 04-06-2021
If they were giving up a first that was gonna be in the teens or something, I'd be alot more hesitant. But they're gonna be in the AFC champ game again, atleast barring injuries.

Those players you're picking at the end of the first are usually 2nd round type prospects anyway, similar to what we're looking at this year. So if that pick can get you a franchise LT, do it.

Whether the guy they trade up for is that or not, who knows.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:10 AM 04-06-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
If they were giving up a first that was gonna be in the teens or something, I'd be alot more hesitant. But they're gonna be in the AFC champ game again, atleast barring injuries.

Those players you're picking at the end of the first are usually 2nd round type prospects anyway, similar to what we're looking at this year. So if that pick can get you a franchise LT, do it.

Whether the guy they trade up for is that or not, who knows.
And that’s the shitty thing. You can’t guarantee it’s a pick in the 30s. Something happens and all of a sudden we’ve given up a first in the top 15 picks. And hopefully Darrisaw wasn’t the reason why we were picking high.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:13 AM 04-06-2021
I think Sewell and Slater are both gone by the Chargers pick. Darrisaw might be there in the late teens and that’s when we should strike bc he isn’t going to be there after Miami at 18.

Miami sure does love stockpiling picks, plus they have a top 10 pick already, so if we want to trade for Darrisaw that’s probably the sweet spot.

Probably cost this years first, next years first, a 3rd and we can probably toss in our extra 4th this year
[Reply]
lcarus 09:29 AM 04-06-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I think Sewell and Slater are both gone by the Chargers pick. Darrisaw might be there in the late teens and that’s when we should strike bc he isn’t going to be there after Miami at 18.

Miami sure does love stockpiling picks, plus they have a top 10 pick already, so if we want to trade for Darrisaw that’s probably the sweet spot.

Probably cost this years first, next years first, a 3rd and we can probably toss in our extra 4th this year
Is the difference between Darrisaw and the guys available at 31 (Eichenberg, Leatherwood, Cosmi, Radunz - whoever it may be) worth giving all of that up? I don't know these college players so I'm just curious.
[Reply]
alanm 09:30 AM 04-06-2021
Rondale Moore WR Purdue.
[Reply]
O.city 09:38 AM 04-06-2021
Originally Posted by lcarus:
Is the difference between Darrisaw and the guys available at 31 (Eichenberg, Leatherwood, Cosmi, Radunz - whoever it may be) worth giving all of that up? I don't know these college players so I'm just curious.
I'd say yeah. Other than Cosmi (who seems very athletic but raw) I'm not sure any of those others are LT's in the NFL.
[Reply]
O.city 09:38 AM 04-06-2021
And that’s the shitty thing. You can’t guarantee it’s a pick in the 30s. Something happens and all of a sudden we’ve given up a first in the top 15 picks. And hopefully Darrisaw wasn’t the reason why we were picking high.
I mean, as long as Andy and Mahomes are here, you pretty much can.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:40 AM 04-06-2021
Originally Posted by lcarus:
I don’t think there’s a considerable difference between Darrisaw and Cosmi/Jenkins.

Those 2 would be reliable LT’s IMO
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:42 AM 04-06-2021
And for all the talk about Darrisaw....you’re banking on him going from a run first team to a team like the Chiefs and succeeding.
[Reply]
O.city 09:49 AM 04-06-2021
We're in a bad spot in that the positions we need to fill are pretty tough to fill at the spots we're picking.

LT, DE and QB are high round positions normally. So you're gonna have to wheel and deal or develop someone not as highly rated.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 26
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Up