ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 513 of 3903
« First < 13413463503509510511512513 51451551651752356361310131513 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
mr. tegu 09:51 AM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
But they are going to busy with surgeries in the OR. RT's usually run the vents in the OR, they are monitoring the patient. I'm assuming that the RT's are pulled out to run vents elsewhere and the Anesthesia doctors will have to run their own ventilators in the ER.

Not sure what places you are referring to but that’s not the case anywhere around here. No RTs in the OR.

That’s part of why they have gotten rid of elective surgeries. Anesthesia staff are doing next to nothing right now at KU Med and probably other places as well. So much so they are keeping people home in reserve, still paying them, and reducing weekend staff. Surgeons are moving some of these cases to outpatient surgery centers since hospitals aren’t taking them.
[Reply]
Kman34 09:55 AM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by Bwana:
Indeed 10 people and counting have been booted out of the thread so far. Putting that into context, I believe 9 were in the first few days, one yesterday. Overall people have done a great job keeping it non political, and I tip my hat to them, but there are still a few seeing how far they can push their luck. It's a great thread, so if you want to stick around, please play by the rules.
Perhaps an UV light to kill the “germs”..
[Reply]
kstater 09:55 AM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by oaklandhater:
Sorry, America, the Full Lockdown Is Coming

Politicians won’t admit it yet, but it’s time to prepare—physically and psychologically—for a sudden stop to all life outside your home.

https://foreignpolicy.com/2020/03/18...ckdown-coming/

how many more days do you guys think until we are in a full lockdown nation wide ?
My gut has told me all week that it's next Monday. Either nationally or Kansas/Metro area

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
[Reply]
neech 09:56 AM 03-20-2020
During flu season, I'd take off my clothes in the garage, use shoes only for work.
I just had an awful visual seared into my brain.
[Reply]
ModSocks 09:57 AM 03-20-2020

Politicians won’t admit it yet, but it’s time to prepare—physically and psychologically—for a sudden stop to all life outside your home.

This is ridiculous.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 09:58 AM 03-20-2020
During flu season, I'd take off my clothes in the garage, use shoes only for work. Put the clothes in a specific place and wash them myself. Wash my hands in the basement before going upstairs to the family. I'm sure thats not unique. We are around infected people all day. You have to be careful not to bring it home to your family. I'm sure the DIL is doing something similar.
stay away from the grinders, torches and power tools
unless you like that sort of thing.
[Reply]
oaklandhater 09:58 AM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
This is ridiculous.
Italy has been in a full lockdown for 10 days and it's still not slowed down yet.

if we reach italy heights what other choice do we have ?
[Reply]
ModSocks 09:59 AM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
yeah i'm not sure people are even reading whats being written...

people can go to the store, pharmacy, even for a jog outside...
Yesterday we weren't on "Shelter in Place".

Today we are.

The difference? Nothing.
[Reply]
notorious 09:59 AM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
This is ridiculous.
People are way more dangerous than the virus itself. Panic is the enemy, here.
[Reply]
ModSocks 09:59 AM 03-20-2020
Italy has been in a full lockdown for 10 days and it's still not slowed down yet.

if we reach italy heights what other choice do we have ?
I was referring to the bolded.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 09:59 AM 03-20-2020
Stop me if you fucking heard this one, but the Chinese government is probably lying.

Yahoo's interpolation of the above link with other information.
[Reply]
Kman34 10:01 AM 03-20-2020

https://foreignpolicy.com/2020/03/18...ckdown-coming/

how many more days do you guys think until we are in a full lockdown nation wide ?
Marshal law would have to be in affect to enforce this and I don’t see it..
[Reply]
Donger 10:03 AM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER:
Saw a video of a Chinese doctor who worked on the Wuhan outbreak who had gone to help the Italians. He was aghast that they were still going to grocery stores and pharmacies and for walks outside and essentially said that you have to stay inside to really curtail the spread.

Don’t know if he knows what he’s talking about or not but I’ve never understood how you stop the spread of this if people are still congregating at grocery stores. One person who is infected touches an item and its capable of being transmitted.
He said this, too:

you're still having dinners and parties in the hotels
[Reply]
penguinz 10:04 AM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER:
It should be noted that US infection numbers are off where they were at this time yesterday. We knew we would get a spike from more testing but need to see more data thru the day to see if yesterday’s 4500+ cases was an anomaly.
Today is not off from yesterday. 4.5k cases confirmed yesterday. Today so far about 2200 so far.
[Reply]
stumppy 10:05 AM 03-20-2020
This.

Elective surgery has been canceled all over the USA.
I've been trying to prepare for two surgeries since before this all happened. Now...I'm going to do my best to put those off as long as I can.
[Reply]
Page 513 of 3903
« First < 13413463503509510511512513 51451551651752356361310131513 > Last »
Up