ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 293 of 341
« First < 193243283289290291292293 294295296297303 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2
HonestChieffan 11:58 AM 01-23-2011
Been a while since we had a guns n' ammo discussion.

Some of you are AR shooters Im sure. Im looking at a Colt 6920. Will be my first AR. Picked up a Glock this fall and really enjoy shooting it. Any feedback on that weapon?

Anyone else been in a buy/sell/trade mood with hardware?
[Reply]
LiveSteam 08:09 PM 04-12-2021
This is excellent news.
Remingtons Arkansas ammunition plant is back up and running 24/7
https://youtu.be/LQadZyNFLN8
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 06:25 PM 04-17-2021
Does anyone have any experience with one of these? Seems like a cool nonlethal option.

[Reply]
Frazod 07:23 PM 04-17-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Does anyone have any experience with one of these? Seems like a cool nonlethal option.

Hmm. I had not heard about this. Seems like a very effective defensive weapon for most situations. And you don't have to worry about getting arrested for murder or sued by a pissed off family member. Seems like this is something cops should be all over. Much more effective than a taser.

However, I'd still want a real gun as backup. This would be great against a single assailant. Against a rioting mob, not so much.
[Reply]
LiveSteam 10:42 PM 04-17-2021
Oh ya. If I was on the governments NO GO list.
Id be all over that rig
[Reply]
R Clark 07:43 AM 04-18-2021
Originally Posted by LiveSteam:
This is excellent news.
Remingtons Arkansas ammunition plant is back up and running 24/7
https://youtu.be/LQadZyNFLN8
Yeah this is great news should help the shortage
[Reply]
Easy 6 01:56 PM 04-18-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:

Ha! thats the Sensible Prepper, I watch 3-4 of his youtube videos a week... love that guy

As for the weapon, it looks pretty cool and effective... but I just don't think theres any good replacement for the lethality of a bullet, particularly when the bad guy has bullets
[Reply]
Frazod 02:01 PM 04-18-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Ha! thats the Sensible Prepper, I watch 3-4 of his youtube videos a week... love that guy

As for the weapon, it looks pretty cool and effective... but I just don't think theres any good replacement for the lethality of a bullet, particularly when the bad guy has bullets
Another problem is that if the assailant is close to you, if you hit him with one of those pepper rounds you'll disable yourself as well. Bad news if he's got a friend with him.
[Reply]
Easy 6 02:04 PM 04-18-2021
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Another problem is that if the assailant is close to you, if you hit him with one of those pepper rounds you'll disable yourself as well. Bad news if he's got a friend with him.
Yep, its a very situation specific weapon

Its just too limited for my tastes
[Reply]
Frazod 02:10 PM 04-18-2021
Yep, its a very situation specific weapon

Its just too limited for my tastes
Yep. But like I said before, I think this would be a perfect weapon for law enforcement. If the cop in Chicago had popped that kid in the chest with one of these instead of an actual bullet, the entire incident would be a nonstory. Hell, he could have shot the kid in the back and disabled him before he even turned around.
[Reply]
ghak99 04:31 PM 04-18-2021
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Yep. But like I said before, I think this would be a perfect weapon for law enforcement. If the cop in Chicago had popped that kid in the chest with one of these instead of an actual bullet, the entire incident would be a nonstory. Hell, he could have shot the kid in the back and disabled him before he even turned around.
You want a cop that's chasing a person with a gun to draw this instead of his service weapon? I can't go there.

I see this more as a bouncer's option for controlling a couple drunks in the parking lot. Or perhaps security at a concert or some kind of crowd control position.

I assume felons could use this as a home defense weapon, or does something about it disqualify them from owning it? I'm guessing their PO probably wouldn't be too thrilled about it and would need to be completely filled in on why they have it.
[Reply]
Frazod 05:02 PM 04-18-2021
Originally Posted by ghak99:
You want a cop that's chasing a person with a gun to draw this instead of his service weapon? I can't go there.

I see this more as a bouncer's option for controlling a couple drunks in the parking lot. Or perhaps security at a concert or some kind of crowd control position.

I assume felons could use this as a home defense weapon, or does something about it disqualify them from owning it? I'm guessing their PO probably wouldn't be too thrilled about it and would need to be completely filled in on why they have it.
In a situation where the perp is running away instead of actively shooting, I think it's a good option. A cop can't shoot the guy in the back with a regular gun. But with the other one, he can. Obviously it would be at the discretion of the cop.

And I don't see this being a good thing for a bouncer. Shooting off one of those pepper rounds in a crowd? That would be a mess.
[Reply]
srvy 05:57 PM 04-18-2021

Yeah, it's a decent idea but has some important limitations. Weather and wind could wreak havoc with the effectiveness of the gas. The solid marble thingy may hurt in light clothing but in winter clothes may not be as painful. Drugged up out their minds tend to just get angrier and ignore pain. For the officer's safety lethal force can be the difference between going home or transported to the morgue.
[Reply]
Frazod 06:34 PM 04-18-2021
Originally Posted by srvy:
Yeah, it's a decent idea but has some important limitations. Weather and wind could wreak havoc with the effectiveness of the gas. The solid marble thingy may hurt in light clothing but in winter clothes may not be as painful. Drugged up out their minds tend to just get angrier and ignore pain. For the officer's safety lethal force can be the difference between going home or transported to the morgue.
All good points. I would never recommend substituting this for a real gun. But I think it's a far better nonlethal alternative to a taser.
[Reply]
Frazod 05:36 PM 05-01-2021
Got some good news on the reloading front today. While my buddy with the press doesn't have a ton of small pistol primers, he's got an absolute shit ton of small rifle primers. Small rifle primers can be used in place of small pistol primers, but since pistols strike lighter than rifles, they won't work in certain pistols (like pretty much all Glocks, for instance). We went to the range today, and I was able to run the rifle primer rounds through my Sig P365 and both my CZs with zero failures. So I'll be able to make myself plenty of ammo that will work in everything except my Glock 19 and probably my little Ruger.

Beautiful day to shoot. Perfect weather, the guns ran great, and everybody shot well. :-)
[Reply]
LiveSteam 05:45 PM 05-01-2021
I bought 1000 CCI 450 small rifle primers from Scheels a few days back.
So things are looking up no doubt.
[Reply]
Page 293 of 341
« First < 193243283289290291292293 294295296297303 > Last »
Up