ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 311 of 382
« First < 211261301307308309310311 312313314315321361 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>50 Beers to Try Before You Die
NewChief 06:18 AM 04-24-2010
Thought the beer snobs here might like this article (and probably critique the hell out of it).

http://www.wisdeo.com/articles/view_post/2984
(CBS) You've heard of "100 Bottles of Beer on the Wall"?

How about 50 to try before you die?!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 09:09 PM 04-17-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
I'm driving further than all you fuckers no matter where we go, so there are many great options..... I love Ground Control. Fate is also very good if ya'll want food (Ground Control has better beer, Fate might have slightly better food). I've never been to an OHSO, but would love to try it (one of the 3 in Scottsdale). Angel's Trumpet House is downtown-ish.

If no one cares about food, The Theodore is down the street from Angel's, and there's also Wandering Tortoise and King's, or the place OTWP mentioned earlier.
Seriously, I have a metric fuckton of Hilton points - so I'll defer to the experts here and likely get a room so I can enjoy myself.
[Reply]
lewdog 09:19 PM 04-17-2021
I'm driving further than all you fuckers no matter where we go, so there are many great options..... I love Ground Control. Fate is also very good if ya'll want food (Ground Control has better beer, Fate might have slightly better food). I've never been to an OHSO, but would love to try it (one of the 3 in Scottsdale). Angel's Trumpet House is downtown-ish.

If no one cares about food, The Theodore is down the street from Angel's, and there's also Wandering Tortoise and King's, or the place OTWP mentioned earlier.
Angel’s Trumpet house is good too.
[Reply]
lewdog 08:25 AM 04-18-2021
Woof.

Bourbon followed by Twisted Tea, followed by Moose Drool, followed by brawts and Doritos make for an interesting smell to my morning farts.
[Reply]
Bearcat 03:57 PM 04-18-2021
Lives up to the rating as a top 5 stout in the country. It really excels in its body/thickness, and great mix of coffee and maple syrup. :-)

[Reply]
Marcellus 04:10 PM 04-18-2021
Lives up to the rating as a top 5 stout in the country. It really excels in its body/thickness, and great mix of coffee and maple syrup. :-)

American Solera has a similar stout called "Dads Making Breakfast". Had it about month ago and cant stop thinking about how good it is.
[Reply]
Bearcat 04:32 PM 04-18-2021
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
American Solera has a similar stout called "Dads Making Breakfast". Had it about month ago and cant stop thinking about how good it is.
Originally Posted by :
Notes: Imperial Stout aged 12 months in a blend of Balcones Single Malt & Balcones Blue Corn Whiskey Barrels w/ Maple & Double Shot Guatemalan El Tambor Coffee.
Yeah, that sounds delicious.

IIRC, you homebrew, too? Tried this one this afternoon as well, which is basically someone's homebrew... they're starting to get a business together (Innocence Beer Company) in Phoenix and really the only thing I could nitpicks is that it could use some aging, as it was pretty whiskey forward. Pretty amazing what people can produce from home (I've always kind of sucked at it).

[Reply]
KCUnited 05:50 PM 04-18-2021
Revolution's Cuvée de Grâce (2021) that was released on Friday

The 2021 edition of Cuvée de Gráce features these incredible components:
11 barrels of Deth's Tar, sweet component – Fudgy, ridiculously aromatic with vanilla and marshmallow notes, and quite nearly thicker than our love for Oatmeal Stout. Every bit of this component comes from rum barrels.
7 barrels of Ryeway to Heaven, dry component – This exceedingly dry Ryeway provides the delicate balance and intriguing spice to complement the sweeter elements in the blend. Six of these are from bourbon barrels, and one is a rum barrel.
14 barrels of Straight Jacket, sweet component – This isn’t quite V.S.O.J. Not enough time on it for that. Let’s call it V.S.O.Jr. The sweet toffee and caramel notes are everything you want from an English Barleywine and more. Eight of these barrels are bourbon, and six are rum.
2 barrels of Thundertaker – We kept a few barrels from the 2020 Deep Wood kickoff, and we’re glad we did. The harmony between Canadian rye and chocolatey stout notes give just the right accent.
2 barrels of Ryeway to Heaven/Straight Jacket blend – Mostly Ryeway topped off with a bit of Barleywine to fill volume. The perfect midpoint between our Ryeway and Straight Jacket components.

[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 06:06 PM 04-18-2021
I'm driving further than all you fuckers no matter where we go,
I mean, I don't mind driving up there and going to PPLD.
[Reply]
Third Eye 09:26 AM 04-19-2021
Originally Posted by jjonyj001:
I've actually only had 26 of the beers on the list
It’s an 11 year old list, so I wouldn’t worry about it too much.
[Reply]
scho63 09:58 AM 04-19-2021

Having that with with pancakes and sausage this morning? :-)
[Reply]
Marcellus 11:57 AM 04-19-2021
Yeah, that sounds delicious.

IIRC, you homebrew, too? Tried this one this afternoon as well, which is basically someone's homebrew... they're starting to get a business together (Innocence Beer Company) in Phoenix and really the only thing I could nitpicks is that it could use some aging, as it was pretty whiskey forward. Pretty amazing what people can produce from home (I've always kind of sucked at it).
Yea I brew quite a bit. I haven't done a barrel aged beer in a while though, I sent lewdog a bottle of one of my BA beers a few years ago.
[Reply]
Saulbadguy 04:23 AM 04-20-2021
I’m attempting to get a Side Project special release tomorrow. For those who have done this, how quickly do they sell out?
[Reply]
KCUnited 04:46 AM 04-20-2021
Originally Posted by Saulbadguy:
I’m attempting to get a Side Project special release tomorrow. For those who have done this, how quickly do they sell out?
Immediately.

Make sure to have a Shop Pay account setup for express checkout beforehand, otherwise don't bother.

Good luck. I'll be trying as well.
[Reply]
Saulbadguy 07:13 AM 04-20-2021
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Immediately.

Make sure to have a Shop Pay account setup for express checkout beforehand, otherwise don't bother.

Good luck. I'll be trying as well.
Thanks. I'm locked and loaded. Good luck.
[Reply]
phisherman 07:29 AM 04-20-2021
Cory seems to be planning on this not going all that fast since the package is likely going to be around $120-130. There are no purchase limits either. Could last for a bit, could be a shitshow. Bet on the latter.

I'll try as well. Why not?
[Reply]
Page 311 of 382
« First < 211261301307308309310311 312313314315321361 > Last »
Up