ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 121 of 319
« First < 2171111117118119120121 122123124125131171221 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach's '21 Offseason Plan to Keep Us Thriving: Let's speculate
Dante84 10:03 AM 02-08-2021
In order to prevent us wasting precious years of Patrick Mahomes' career, Veach needs to work some magic this offseason. What's your advice for him?
[Reply]
RunKC 02:10 PM 02-25-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Hudson, Smith, and Little are exactly why I don’t feel the need to take a T in the 1st unless Cosmi, Mayfield, or Jenkins fall into our lap.

Take one of Little/Hudson/Smith in the 2nd.

Then trade up for Meinerz or Myers in the 3rd.

This would allow you to go WR or DE in the 1st. Maybe even LB depending on what they do in free agency.
I don’t think those tackles will be there at the end of the 2nd. Maybe one of them? Hell Hudson is already the 38th best player on Matt Miller’s board.

I think we’ve got to take our guy with the first pick. If Cosmi is even within 4-5 picks of us I think we’ve got to trade up.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 02:10 PM 02-25-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Considering we need pass rushers, yeah. Much better than having a guy like Clowney who gets paid like a pass rusher but doesn't.
This has to be the simplest but most accurate way to describe Clowney.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:14 PM 02-25-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I don’t think those tackles will be there at the end of the 2nd. Maybe one of them? Hell Hudson is already the 38th best player on Matt Miller’s board.

I think we’ve got to take our guy with the first pick. If Cosmi is even within 4-5 picks of us I think we’ve got to trade up.
Given the news about Schwartz, I think the chances of an OT in the first went way, way down.

Not that they couldn't use an OT, I just think the Chiefs will commit to Schwartz and Fisher. Reid is a loyal guy, sometimes to a fault.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:18 PM 02-25-2021

There are just too many T’s for at least 2 of those guys not to be there.

Sewell
Slater
Darrisaw
Vera-Tucker
Jenkins
Mayfield
Cosmi
Radunz
Eichenberg
Leatherwood
Hudson
Little
Brown
Smith
Carman

All of these guys aren’t going in the first 2 rounds.

Also, I wouldn’t read too much into where these guys are ranked. There is no consensus. He also dropped outside of the top 50 for DJ in his latest update.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:21 PM 02-25-2021
Trade up?

:-)
[Reply]
Dull Tools 02:23 PM 02-25-2021
Hudson, Smith, and Little are exactly why I don’t feel the need to take a T in the 1st unless Cosmi, Mayfield, or Jenkins fall into our lap.

Take one of Little/Hudson/Smith in the 2nd.

Then trade up for Meinerz or Myers in the 3rd.

This would allow you to go WR or DE in the 1st. Maybe even LB depending on what they do in free agency.
Exactly how I see it. Would rather go DE in 1st as I think there will be decent WRs available in the 4th.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:23 PM 02-25-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Trade up?

Exactly. If the Chiefs trade up, it will be on day 2.

They aren’t trading up in the 1st. If anything, they will trade down to give themselves flexibility for the rest of the draft.
[Reply]
-King- 02:28 PM 02-25-2021

#Packers C Corey Linsley to @SiriusXMNFL on free agency: “We’re not closing the door on anything. We'd never do that, especially to the Packers. It looks like all signs point towards snapping the ball somewhere else next year. ... If it doesn't work out, I wish them the best.”

— NFL Update (@MySportsUpdate) February 25, 2021

[Reply]
The Franchise 02:42 PM 02-25-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
He can come snap that ball to the best QB in the league.
[Reply]
RunKC 02:54 PM 02-25-2021
There are just too many T’s for at least 2 of those guys not to be there.

Sewell
Slater
Darrisaw
Vera-Tucker
Jenkins
Mayfield
Cosmi
Radunz
Eichenberg
Leatherwood
Hudson
Little
Brown
Smith
Carman

All of these guys aren’t going in the first 2 rounds.

Also, I wouldn’t read too much into where these guys are ranked. There is no consensus. He also dropped outside of the top 50 for DJ in his latest update.
Not all of those guys are fits for us and that’s a big reason they’ll be there at the end of round 2.

For example I don’t think Eichenberg is a fit for us bc he’s not very athletic and his pass blocking needs work.

If a good quality LT is there at 31 they should take them.
[Reply]
staylor26 03:22 PM 02-25-2021
Not all of those guys are fits for us and that’s a big reason they’ll be there at the end of round 2.

For example I don’t think Eichenberg is a fit for us bc he’s not very athletic and his pass blocking needs work.

If a good quality LT is there at 31 they should take them.
You realize you can say this about every team, right?

Those guys might not all be fits for us, but the guys that are a fit for us won’t be a fit for everybody else.

It’s a numbers game no matter how you look at it. If you think Little, Hudson, AND Smith might all be gone by the end of the 2nd, you’re out of your mind.

You sound desperate about a class that you just finished telling us is the best and deepest class ever! This makes no sense :-)
[Reply]
staylor26 03:27 PM 02-25-2021
And if half of the NFL decides to take a T somewhere in the first 2 rounds, the last thing we should do is allow ourselves to get caught in the middle of a run.

All that means is a WR and/or DE will fall to us that shouldn’t.

That’s the beauty of the Schwartz news combined with already having Niang in the fold. There’s no need for desperation. Take the BPA.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:34 PM 02-25-2021
And if half of the NFL decides to take a T somewhere in the first 2 rounds, the last thing we should do is allow ourselves to get caught in the middle of a run.

All that means is a WR and/or DE will fall to us that shouldn’t.

That’s the beauty of the Schwartz news combined with already having Niang in the fold. There’s no need for desperation. Take the BPA.
[Reply]
RunKC 03:39 PM 02-25-2021
You realize you can say this about every team, right?

Those guys might not all be fits for us, but the guys that are a fit for us won’t be a fit for everybody else.

It’s a numbers game no matter how you look at it. If you think Little, Hudson, AND Smith might all be gone by the end of the 2nd, you’re out of your mind.

You sound desperate about a class that you just finished telling us is the best and deepest class ever! This makes no sense :-)
That’s a different conversation when you bring up guys like Smith who are projects. Of course you can get them later bc that’s what they are: projects.

I’m taking about a quality starting LT. One you can plug in day one to play while Fisher is hurt and be good long term. That ain’t Smith or quite a few of those guys.

There will likely be a run on LT’s early due to the top 3 or 4 elite prospects but guys like Cosmi who could be top 20 picks in a regular year?

There’s a guy like that at 31 then there’s a very high probability that they are the BPA
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:39 PM 02-25-2021
seems like a good place to drop this:

Originally Posted by :
NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Titans are "open to dealing" 2020 first-round OT Isaiah Wilson.

Spoiler alert. At this point, teams interested in giving Wilson a second chance may be content to wait on the Titans to release him, but he is still a 22-year-old just 10 months removed from being the No. 29 overall pick. Even with the red flags, the Titans might still finagle a draft pick. What appears clear is that neither the Titans nor the player appear interested in moving forward together.

[Reply]
Page 121 of 319
« First < 2171111117118119120121 122123124125131171221 > Last »
Up