ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 404 of 1207
« First < 304354394400401402403404 405406407408414454504904 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread
Buehler445 08:45 AM 07-15-2015
Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408
[Reply]
threebag 10:02 PM 01-10-2017
Originally Posted by cdcox:
Only problem is when you forget what is in the freezer and have a bunch of mystery meals.
I have a lot of traffic with kids and grandkids. It's hard to keep pace sometimes. When I think I am cooking to stock up I get hit by the whole clan. Which I love believe me. Nothing better than kids and grandkids except maybe hookers and blow
[Reply]
Buzz 10:14 PM 01-10-2017
Well, I know my new phone is kicking the crap out of my old camera as far as pics go. Not having to replace batteries every few shots is awesome. Baby steps...
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 10:54 PM 01-10-2017
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Simple chicken Caesar salad. Could use recommendation on a good Caesar dressing though. I just usually buy Ken's.
I've had good luck with Walmarts brand Marketside. You can even taste a slight hint of anchovy in it. Thick enough where it sticks to the lettuce very well vs. drenches the lettuce in a bath of dressing.
[Reply]
cdcox 11:00 PM 01-10-2017
My wife makes a Cesar dressing very close to this recipe:

http://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/classic-caesar-salad
[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:14 AM 01-11-2017
Originally Posted by threebag02:
Nothing better than kids and grandkids except maybe hookers and blow
Dear Lord I hope you have excellent compartmentalization skills.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:18 AM 01-11-2017
Originally Posted by RubberSponge:
I've had good luck with Walmarts brand Marketside. You can even taste a slight hint of anchovy in it. Thick enough where it sticks to the lettuce very well vs. drenches the lettuce in a bath of dressing.
When it comes to 'standard' dressing flavors, Ken's is uber cheap and often surprisingly [bordering on vexingly] tough to beat. Their Blue Cheese is one of the few on the market shelves that isn't sickeningly sweet. For instance Brianna's is like 3x the price and tastes like someone dipped a tiny nugget of blue cheese in a bottle of Kool-Aid and corn syrup.

Long story short, Ken's sells a mean creamy garlic Caesar.

[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 09:09 AM 01-11-2017
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
When it comes to 'standard' dressing flavors, Ken's is uber cheap and often surprisingly [bordering on vexingly] tough to beat. Their Blue Cheese is one of the few on the market shelves that isn't sickeningly sweet. For instance Brianna's is like 3x the price and tastes like someone dipped a tiny nugget of blue cheese in a bottle of Kool-Aid and corn syrup.

My problem with Ken's is it really is not different than Wishbone or many other brands. They taste more like sauce as a marinade rather than a dressing.

I've been through way too many Caesar dressings. It is my favorite dressing for any type of salad. Can't tell you how many bottles I have opened and then thrown right away because they are not good.

This is by far the best I have run across in a bottle.

https://i5.walmartimages.com/asr/e0f...0&odnBg=FFFFFF
[Reply]
threebag 09:41 AM 01-11-2017
I prefer Ken's over Wishbone or Kraft by a large margin
[Reply]
GloryDayz 10:02 AM 01-11-2017
Yeah I freeze in single serve packaging better than a TV dinner

I have a slew of stew, beans, and lasagna. Perfect for time saving when I am busy in the evening.
Vacuum sealer? The neighbor does that, she loves it.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk (so spelling be damned!!!)
[Reply]
scho63 11:47 AM 01-12-2017
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:

Serious Eats names it their favorite out of 11 premium salad dressings

http://www.seriouseats.com/2014/06/t...dressings.html

Brand 1: Cardini's Original Caesar Dressing
Brand 2: Ken's Chef's Reserve Creamy Caesar With Roasted Garlic
Brand 3: Whole Food's 365 Organic Caesar Dressing
Brand 4: Girard's Classic Caesar Dressing
Brand 5: Newman's Own Creamy Caesar Dressing
Brand 6: Marzetti Supreme Caesar
Brand 7: Newman's Own Caesar Dressing
Brand 8: Marie's Creamy Caesar
Brand 9: Brianna's Asiago Caesar
Brand 10: Trader Joe's Romano Caesar Dressing
Brand 11: Marzetti Simply Dressed Caesar Dressing

THE CRITERIA
The first question we had to ask ourselves was what qualities are essential to a good Caesar dressing. First, the clean, cheesy flavors of Parimagiano-Reggiano, though if a brand clearly stated that it used a different cheese, such as Trader Joe's Romano or Brianna's Asiago, we were open to those flavor profiles as well, as long as they were sufficiently and pleasantly cheesy. Second, a good black-pepper kick. Third, a briny, fishy flavor, whether from anchovies or Worcestershire sauce (which is made from anchovies). Fourth, tanginess, such as lemon juice or vinegar, to balance all those rich ingredients. Finally, the robust flavor of garlic.

To measure those criteria, we asked tasters to rate each dressing on a 10-point scale for the following qualities: garlicky-ness, pepperiness, cheesiness, tanginess, anchovy-flavor, and then overall impression. The dressings were served with romaine lettuce on the side for tasting.

THE RESULTS
Before conducting the blind tasting, I had a suspicion that refrigerated Caesars would outperform the shelf-stable ones. After all, the need for refrigeration suggests fresh ingredients, like real lemon juice and egg, that might contribute to a better overall flavor. That didn't fully hold up in the final tasting results. While two of our three favorite dressings were refrigerated, the one that received the highest overall score was Ken's, straight from a shelf-stable bottle.

Based on our criteria, there's some correlation between a product's level of anchovy and cheesy flavors and its overall rating—generally, the higher, the better, with our favorite brands also scoring the highest in those two areas. There were a couple brands, though, that didn't perform as well overall, but managed to get relatively high cheesiness and anchovy-flavor scores, so it's not an airtight rule. Other criteria, such as pepperiness, garlicky-ness, and tanginess, revealed no direct relationship to overall score.

Looking at ingredient lists and nutritional information, there doesn't seem to be an easy rule-of-thumb for what makes one bottled Caesar more successful than another. The top-rated dressings and least-favorite dressings all had neutral oil and water as their top two ingredients, and had other similar ingredient profiles, salt contents, and fat percentages. Caesar dressing with strong non-Parmesan-cheese flavors, like Romano or Asiago, didn't perform as well as those that stuck with the traditional Parmesan, but, given that there were also Parmesan-flavored ones that didn't do well in the tasting, it's not clear whether that was a direct result of the cheese, or just the dressing in general.

As for price, the three favorites were also some of the cheaper options (about 30-35 cents per ounce), with some of the pricier ones scoring less well, so paying for the most expensive isn't a reliable tactic, either.

The only thing that all three of the top scorers have in common is that they are all creamy-style dressings. Some of the vinaigrette-style brands received decent scores, so we wouldn't automatically rule that type out, but creamy reigned supreme.

OUR FAVORITES
Based on our tasters' ratings, it's safe to say that some Caesar dressings deserve their place as top-dogs for life; others, well, let's just say I know some guys in the senate who might be able to help.

Here are our three favorites!

KEN'S CHEF'S RESERVE CREAMY CAESAR WITH ROASTED GARLIC

Ken's is a standby salad dressing brand, so ubiquitous that I didn't have high hopes for it. Turns out it's the sleeper hit. Commenters appreciated its "sweet garlic flavor" and "cheesy, creamy, briny" notes, "full-bodied" texture, and flavor that tasted like "real ingredients."

MARZETTI SUPREME CAESAR

This refrigerated Caesar was lauded for its tanginess and the "tons of fish flavor" it packed, though some complained that it was overly mayonnaise-like in consistency and that the vinegar flavor was a little too heavy-handed.

MARZETTI SIMPLY DRESSED CAESAR

Another high-performer from Marzetti, this one was described by tasters as being "creamy" and having a "good, fresh flavor." One wrote that it "has the zestiness I look for in a Caesar," but another found the vinegar to be a little too strong here.

Our Tasting Methodology: All taste tests are conducted completely blind and without discussion. Tasters taste samples in random order. For example, taster A may taste sample 1 first, while taster B will taste sample 6 first. This is to prevent palate fatigue from unfairly giving any one sample an advantage. Tasters are asked to fill out tasting sheets ranking the samples for various criteria that vary from sample to sample. All data is tabulated and results are calculated with no editorial input in order to give us the most impartial representation of actual results possible.
[Reply]
tooge 02:49 PM 01-12-2017
Originally Posted by Buzz:
I made manicotti again and a big azz pot of vegetable soup.

Where's that damned toast?
[Reply]
Buzz 06:13 PM 01-12-2017
Originally Posted by tooge:
Where's that damned toast?

Now you want fucking toast, there's no pleasing you is there.
[Reply]
Buzz 07:16 PM 01-12-2017
Soup and a sammich. I should have toasted the bread and parked in tooge's driveway while I ate it.

Attached: 20170110_213020.jpg (73.7 KB) 
[Reply]
threebag 07:38 PM 01-12-2017
Tater Tot Casserole, what ya got? Tricks, secrets or suggestions? Lead me to the Promise Land.
[Reply]
SAUTO 08:02 PM 01-12-2017
Tater Tot Casserole, what ya got? Tricks, secrets or suggestions? Lead me to the Promise Land.
I just know how to eat it.
[Reply]
Page 404 of 1207
« First < 304354394400401402403404 405406407408414454504904 > Last »
Up