ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 350 of 1207
« First < 250300340346347348349350 351352353354360400450850 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread
Buehler445 08:45 AM 07-15-2015
Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408
[Reply]
scho63 10:57 AM 11-07-2016
Originally Posted by Buzz:
Crock pot roast beef, onion, green peppers with provolone and mozzarella cheese on JJ French bread.

That looks more like Grilled cheese with beef! :-)
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 11:19 AM 11-07-2016
Originally Posted by Inmem58:
What recommendations do you guys have for sous vide, as far as buying one.
I have the Sous Vide Supreme and the Anova One (the original Anova). I recommend one of the Anovas.

The SVS is the original home model, but it's size is restricting. It's easy to use, but it's cumbersome. When it was all I had, I often would forgo sous vide because I didn't want the hassle.

The Anova line is inexpensive and solid. I find myself using the Anova much more because it's more convenient than the SVS. I pretty much only use the SVS if I'm using sous vide for a party and needing to cook things at different temperatures (like beef and chicken, or protein and veggie).

With the Anova or similar "stick" immersion circulator, you can use any kind of container that fits the stick and the food, so a stock pot has been my go-to for quite some time.

I bought mine on Amazon. Around Father's day, they had like a $40 off thing.
[Reply]
In58men 11:22 AM 11-07-2016
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
I have the Sous Vide Supreme and the Anova One (the original Anova). I recommend one of the Anovas.

The SVS is the original home model, but it's size is restricting. It's easy to use, but it's cumbersome. When it was all I had, I often would forgo sous vide because I didn't want the hassle.

The Anova line is inexpensive and solid. I find myself using the Anova much more because it's more convenient than the SVS. I pretty much only use the SVS if I'm using sous vide for a party and needing to cook things at different temperatures (like beef and chicken, or protein and veggie).

With the Anova or similar "stick" immersion circulator, you can use any kind of container that fits the stick and the food, so a stock pot has been my go-to for quite some time.

I bought mine on Amazon. Around Father's day, they had like a $40 off thing.

I was reading on them earlier this morning and Anova seemed like a great choice. I think I might be joining the sous vide group.

Do I need to purchase a food saver as well?
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 11:25 AM 11-07-2016
I was reading on them earlier this morning and Anova seemed like a great choice. I think I might be joining the sous vide group.

Do I need to purchase a food saver as well?
You don't have to, but I do think it's better. You can use Ziplocks and do the water displacement method. It works. I still use that if I want to sous vide with a marinade.

And if you're in the market for a vacuum sealer, I strongly recommend this bad boy over the Food Saver.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

That thing does a better job by far than any of the Food Savers I've used.
[Reply]
In58men 11:35 AM 11-07-2016
You don't have to, but I do think it's better. You can use Ziplocks and do the water displacement method. It works. I still use that if I want to sous vide with a marinade.

And if you're in the market for a vacuum sealer, I strongly recommend this bad boy over the Food Saver.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

That thing does a better job by far than any of the Food Savers I've used.

I'm pretty sure I am going to purchase an Anova. Do you sear steaks before and after?
[Reply]
In58men 11:42 AM 11-07-2016
Is this a good starter one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 11:57 AM 11-07-2016
I'm pretty sure I am going to purchase an Anova. Do you sear steaks before and after?
I never sear before.

Is this a good starter one?
Yes, that's the standard Anova now.
[Reply]
In58men 12:15 PM 11-07-2016
I never sear before.

Yes, that's the standard Anova now.
Right on, thanks.
[Reply]
TimBone 01:04 PM 11-07-2016
Just destroyed these fish tacos. I know it's supposed to be corn tortilla, but I love flour. Fight me.

[Reply]
ptlyon 01:05 PM 11-07-2016
Originally Posted by TimBone:
Just destroyed these fish tacos. I know it's supposed to be corn tortilla, but I love flour. Fight me.
Only fish tacos I've ever had were in Mexico and they were flour
[Reply]
In58men 01:07 PM 11-07-2016
Never had them with corn. Flour is pretty common and is better.
[Reply]
TimBone 01:08 PM 11-07-2016
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
Only fish tacos I've ever had were in Mexico and they were flour
Really? I believe at most places I've had them that I've had to specify flour tacos. Or maybe I just do that because I know most street tacos are corn tortilla. With other meats, I'm fine with the he corn tortilla, but when I do fish, give me flour everytime.
[Reply]
TimBone 01:08 PM 11-07-2016
Never had them with corn. Flour is pretty common and is better.
Well, then. I guess I'm not gonna have to fight anybody. These were bomb, too.
[Reply]
ptlyon 01:14 PM 11-07-2016
Well, then. I guess I'm not gonna have to fight anybody. These were bomb, too.
No worries, just make your preference known when ordering.

"Gimme your fish tacos, and make them flour, dickhead."
[Reply]
mikeyis4dcats. 01:50 PM 11-07-2016
The Anova is my recommendation.

I'd sit tight and wait for a sale. You just missed it at Target yesterday for $112.

https://slickdeals.net/deal-alerts/
[Reply]
Page 350 of 1207
« First < 250300340346347348349350 351352353354360400450850 > Last »
Up