ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3132 of 3903
« First < 2132263230323082312231283129313031313132 31333134313531363142318232323632 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
O.city 02:23 PM 11-17-2020
Most corona viruses don't have the drift in genetics that say Influenza does, so I don't think we'll have to worry about it.

If this long term immunity is proven, this shit will be over sooner than later.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:24 PM 11-17-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Most corona viruses don't have the drift in genetics that say Influenza does, so I don't think we'll have to worry about it.

If this long term immunity is proven, this shit will be over sooner than later.
Yep.
[Reply]
DaFace 03:58 PM 11-17-2020
More good news for the hope that vaccines will be a near-total way out of this. I really feel like things will be almost completely normal by next fall and hopefully near normal much sooner than that.

People who have recovered from the coronavirus may have immunity that lasts years, maybe even decades, according to a new study — the most hopeful answer yet to a question that has shadowed plans for widespread vaccination. https://t.co/9k6uPS3vfo

— The New York Times (@nytimes) November 17, 2020

[Reply]
Donger 04:04 PM 11-17-2020
It would be nice if we can get vaccination levels above the percentage of Americans who get the "flu shot" every year. But it not, it's still much better than what we have now.
[Reply]
O.city 04:06 PM 11-17-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
More good news for the hope that vaccines will be a near-total way out of this. I really feel like things will be almost completely normal by next fall and hopefully near normal much sooner than that.

Posted that a few pages back.

Get on my level.

But for real, it's almost like this acts like a normal virus in terms of our immunological response. Shocking, I know.
[Reply]
O.city 04:07 PM 11-17-2020
Also, positive note for that if you've had it, you don't have to be vaccinated quickly.

So that lessens the amount we need to get quick.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:10 PM 11-17-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
It would be nice if we can get vaccination levels above the percentage of Americans who get the "flu shot" every year. But it not, it's still much better than what we have now.
Hopefully this will be more like the traditional vaccines. I think a big part of the flu is that the vaccine isn't effective enough for a lot of people. At 40%, a large portion of the population probably thinks why bother.

I have hope that, given what we're hearing about potential long-term effectiveness of these vaccines, that more people will get it because it won't be a yearly maybe like the flu.
[Reply]
TLO 04:15 PM 11-17-2020
I'd be interested to know how the process works once the data is delivered to the FDA. Do a bunch of guys in lab coats sit around reading it for 2 weeks straight? Can Pfizer like.. leak the data to them early to give them a head start?
[Reply]
TLO 04:17 PM 11-17-2020
Moderna too. Just send over what data you have and let them start reviewing in. If we could somehow get Pfizer and Moderna approved in the next month or so, we could start making a huge impact.
[Reply]
Donger 04:18 PM 11-17-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Hopefully this will be more like the traditional vaccines. I think a big part of the flu is that the vaccine isn't effective enough for a lot of people. At 40%, a large portion of the population probably thinks why bother.

I have hope that, given what we're hearing about potential long-term effectiveness of these vaccines, that more people will get it because it won't be a yearly maybe like the flu.
I hope so too, but I think we'll also see a lot of people hesitant to take "the world's first mRNA vaccine," at least initially.
[Reply]
TLO 04:19 PM 11-17-2020
I hope so too, but I think we'll also see a lot of people hesitant to take "the world's first mRNA vaccine," at least initially.
Why?
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:20 PM 11-17-2020
To be fair, I'm one of those people. I'll admit it.

I'm also hopeful that Oxford won't be far behind. And I'm sure seeing I live in the middle of nowhere, thousands if not millions of people will get one of the mRNA vaccines before it's available to me, so it's not like I'll be on the leading edge anyway.
[Reply]
DaFace 04:23 PM 11-17-2020
I get the hesitation, but to some extent I feel like a vaccine at least allows people to make their own choice. Right now, vulnerable groups don't have much of a choice but to stay home if they're trying to stay safe. If there's a vaccine, they at least get the option to roll the dice with a vaccine or stay home indefinitely.
[Reply]
Donger 04:36 PM 11-17-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
Why?
I put it in quotes for a reason. One, it's a world's first. Two, people see RNA and get freaked out. It's not an attenuated influenza shot.

And it's already started. It's already making the rounds that the mRNA vaccines "alter your DNA." That's not true, but many people will believe it.
[Reply]
Donger 04:37 PM 11-17-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
To be fair, I'm one of those people. I'll admit it.

I'm also hopeful that Oxford won't be far behind. And I'm sure seeing I live in the middle of nowhere, thousands if not millions of people will get one of the mRNA vaccines before it's available to me, so it's not like I'll be on the leading edge anyway.
Pussy.

You'll be the first one I eat when I turn into a Dark Seeker.

:-)
[Reply]
Page 3132 of 3903
« First < 2132263230323082312231283129313031313132 31333134313531363142318232323632 > Last »
Up