ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2415 of 3903
« First < 1415191523152365240524112412241324142415 241624172418241924252465251529153415 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Pants 03:45 PM 06-25-2020
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
That's because it's pretty irrelevant at this point. Life is about 95% normal and taking steps back just isn't an option on thr table That's why this thread is strange to me....Just people clinging to their mask and social distancing.
It was pretty irrelevant in AZ, Texas and California not too long ago.

Pandemics are kind of weird in the way they can just explode and grow exponentially when the R0 is high enough. And it is.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 03:47 PM 06-25-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
I saw the words "apocalyptic scenario" used on a main stream media website today to describe what is going on in Texas. Maybe I'm a sheeple, and that's fine - but that phrasing is kind of terrifying.
My advice to you is quit watching the news and start posting how much you love Trump so the mods kick you out of the thread. Both are toxic.

You notice nobody here wants to talk about the new info the CDC posted. Positive things are pissed away.
[Reply]
kgrund 03:48 PM 06-25-2020
Originally Posted by Pants:
In JOCO KS, I would say mask wearing is probably down to about 20% of people at this point?

****ing boggles my mind.
I would imagine it has plenty to do with around 84% of county deaths coming from Long-term health facilities and nobody dying outside a long-term health facility in over two months. People in JOCO seem to believe it is more an issue with the retirement communities then a threat to them IMO.
[Reply]
Donger 03:48 PM 06-25-2020
That's because it's pretty irrelevant at this point. Life is about 95% normal and taking steps back just isn't an option on thr table That's why this thread is strange to me....Just people clinging to their mask and social distancing.
They want to believe it, so it is. They'll either ignore the data or challenge its veracity.
[Reply]
TLO 03:49 PM 06-25-2020
Originally Posted by kgrund:
I would imagine it has plenty to do with around 84% of county deaths coming from Long-term health facilities and nobody dying outside a long-term health facility in over two months. People in JOCO seem to believe it is more an issue with the retirement communities then a threat to them IMO.
Is that a legitimate statistic?
[Reply]
sedated 03:50 PM 06-25-2020
Trust me, people that aren't ready to bury their head in the sand and pretend everything is over, think that view is pretty strange too. (Strange being an understatement)

In fact, the difference between this thread and the NFL thread is pretty noticeable. People posting over there are genuinely concerned about having a season in 2020, while sports leagues in other countries are going again and attempts to start ours have just resulted in numerous positive tests. And those are all completely different people than those who post here
[Reply]
Bearcat 03:51 PM 06-25-2020
Originally Posted by Pants:
It was pretty irrelevant in AZ, Texas and California not too long ago.

Pandemics are kind of weird in the way they can just explode and grow exponentially when the R0 is high enough. And it is.
America's attention span simply can't support a pandemic. Sure, give us some injustice and riots, murder hornets, whatever.

Sorry Covid, you overstayed your welcome and the average idiot has moved onto something else by now. The novelty of staying home and wearing masks in public has worn off.

We've sent our good vibes to hospital workers, so they should be good by now.
[Reply]
kgrund 03:51 PM 06-25-2020
Is that a legitimate statistic?
The info is on the JOCO dashboard.
[Reply]
TLO 03:52 PM 06-25-2020
My advice to you is quit watching the news and start posting how much you love Trump so the mods kick you out of the thread. Both are toxic.

You notice nobody here wants to talk about the new info the CDC posted. Positive things are pissed away.
What did they say? Did a quick search but didn't find much.
[Reply]
TLO 03:53 PM 06-25-2020
Originally Posted by kgrund:
The info is on the JOCO dashboard.
Thanks.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 03:54 PM 06-25-2020
You and PGM posted it..lol Team DoomGloom here just scrolled right on past.

Hell, we start in school summer school in 10 days.
Might be first in the state.
[Reply]
Donger 03:57 PM 06-25-2020
Probably that the CDC estimates that actual cases are 10 times the confirmed.
[Reply]
KCUnited 03:58 PM 06-25-2020
10x closer
[Reply]
DaFace 03:59 PM 06-25-2020
You and PGM posted it..lol Team DoomGloom here just scrolled right on past.

Hell, we start in school summer school in 10 days.
Might be first in the state.
Just an observation that you sound a lot like BleedingRed a couple of weeks ago.
[Reply]
petegz28 04:02 PM 06-25-2020
I saw the words "apocalyptic scenario" used on a main stream media website today to describe what is going on in Texas. Maybe I'm a sheeple, and that's fine - but that phrasing is kind of terrifying.
Dude, that is their game. The media by in large has done that this entire time. They love the word "apocalypse" because it sounds devastating. Keep this in mind, Texas is still no where near what NY was. Not by a long shot.
[Reply]
Page 2415 of 3903
« First < 1415191523152365240524112412241324142415 241624172418241924252465251529153415 > Last »
Up