ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 100 of 108
« First < 509096979899100 101102103104 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>THE COUNTDOWN to the NFL TRADE DEADLINE THREAD - Tues. Oct. 29th @ 4:00p Eastern Time
arrowheadnation 10:18 AM 10-08-2019
I figured I would create one location to house all of the breaking news, rumors, pessimism, despair, helplessness, frustration, and of course optimism leading up to the 2019 NFL Trade Deadline on:

Tuesday, October 29th @ 4:00p Eastern Time

3 weeks from today! We all have ideas of what the Chiefs need so I won't go into that, but hopefully this day will come and go with better results than last year for us.
[Reply]
New World Order 02:21 PM 10-29-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Better pray we find a LB who can cover or Brady is gonna pick us apart
Veach spent a third on O'daniel then he blew a later round pick on Lee.

Those are supposed to be our nickel coverage lbers.
[Reply]
Rausch 02:21 PM 10-29-2019
And the deadline is over. Veach didnt do shit. I hope he gets fired once Brady torches our ass again....
What was worth trading for?

We need LB. Our S's seem solid at this point and Corner is respectable.

This team needs to get healthy or we aren't going to "win now" anyway...
[Reply]
Mecca 02:22 PM 10-29-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I was once optimistic, nearing 40 all of that is gone. Without the Mahomes draft pick I was ready to be done as a fan in general.
[Reply]
O.city 02:22 PM 10-29-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I’m with you man but we have a serious chance this year if we are healthy.

The end is also close for Tom Brady. Even Schefter thinks he is leaving after this season.

Once that guy leaves, we are the front runners.
We had to wait for Manning to fall off, then we have to wait for Brady to leave.

Shit, just beat them.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 02:22 PM 10-29-2019

I firmly believe we will see a story of a player the Chiefs could've traded for over the next 2 weeks. That's Brett Veach's specialty. https://t.co/ALr2GaXjnp

— Carrington Harrison (@cdotharrison) October 29, 2019

[Reply]
staylor26 02:23 PM 10-29-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I was once optimistic, nearing 40 all of that is gone. Without the Mahomes draft pick I was ready to be done as a fan in general.
Fair enough. I don’t have much hope for this year either, but the truth is we have a damn good shot if we get and stay healthy
[Reply]
ljmhawk 02:23 PM 10-29-2019
chiefs aren’t going to get that far although their regular season game i bet the RBs have 15+ receptions
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 02:24 PM 10-29-2019
610 with some input

Now two years in a row, with the best opportunites to win the Superbowl in 50 years.... the Kansas City Chiefs brass said once again we're good to go... While most of the teams that are contenders have done deals to get better.... #TradeDeadline

— Ron Hughley (@RonnieHSHOW) October 29, 2019

[Reply]
DaFace 02:24 PM 10-29-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Uh...'entitled'?

Not sure what word you wanted to use there, but perhaps 'beaten down' would be more appropriate.

Nobody on this board feels 'entitled' to shit. Some of them are sycophants {cough}staylor{coughcoughcough}, some are self-indulgent assholes {raises hand}, most are just dying of thirst and hoping to find a hoofprint to drink piss out of before they leave this earth having never witnessed a championship.

But 'entitled'? That seems like the exact wrong cause here.
Originally Posted by :
en·ti·tled
/inˈtīdld,enˈtīdld/
adjective
believing oneself to be inherently deserving of privileges or special treatment.
You don't think that, as a whole, Chiefs fans feel like we DESERVE to win a Super Bowl after not getting there for decades?
[Reply]
Rausch 02:24 PM 10-29-2019
They better find someone to block for Brady or a team with a decent pass rush might kill him. The Pats team has very few weapons on offense and will rely on the D to be lock down good.

If healthy I don't think the Pats can keep up with a Mahomes-led offense...
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:25 PM 10-29-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
We’ve had problems drafting LBs for years now. What’s the last good one....DJ?
Well you run into the same problem we run into when asking why Dorsey didn't draft more difference makers on defense - priority.

I mean...we haven't really tried.

Lets look at all the capital spent on off-ball LBs since DJ (I assume you're not including Hali, Houston or Ford in this and mean strictly off-ball guys not edge players):

2006: None
2007: None
2008: None
2009: None

So right away we have a 4 year stretch where we put literally NOTHING at the position. Not even a 7th round pick.

2010: Maybe you squint and say Cameron Sheffield at pick 142; a converted DE.
2011: Gabe Miller - pick 140
2012: None
2013: Nico Johnson - pick 99
2014: None
2015: Ramik Wilson -Pick 118 and DJ Alexander at 172
2016: None
2017: Ukeme Eligwe - pick 183
2018: DoD - Pick 100

In 14 years --- FOURTEEN YEARS -- we've drafted seven guys who might be classified as off-ball linebackers and even that includes DJ Alexander and Cam Sheffield who were always seen as some kind of hybrid/edge sort of players. But give ya all 7 just to be sporting; one every other year.

And in that lot we have a 3rd rounder (dead back of the round) two 4th rounders and four 5th rounders. I mean shit, since 2005 we've spent a 3rd and a 7th on a kicker and a punter. Even the trades are 5th rounders in 2 seasons for Ragland and stuff like that; nominal assets.

Now to some degree it's explained by the time we spent in a 3-4 over that period AND the presence of DJ. You've never felt the need to prioritize the position. But it's still worth pointing out that we've struggled there because we haven't tried - rightly or wrongly, we simply haven't made an effort at that position. We've drafted better than half that lot in the 5th round and spent a 5th rounder on Ragland. Value the position at roughly the 5th round and you probably shouldn't be surprised by a pittance of a return.

It's past time to change that thinking.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 02:26 PM 10-29-2019
Since we finally have a first round pick this year, any good LBers in the draft?
[Reply]
arrowheadnation 02:27 PM 10-29-2019
Is it possible that the perp has trained a flock of pelicans to come in during the night and scoop up water in their large bills and fly off with it?
[Reply]
ptlyon 02:27 PM 10-29-2019
... And, the Chiefs front office gets back from lunch.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:28 PM 10-29-2019
Since we finally have a first round pick this year, any good LBers in the draft?
It’s still too soon to say that for sure penbrook.
[Reply]
Page 100 of 108
« First < 509096979899100 101102103104 > Last »
Up