ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 50 of 140
« First < 404647484950 5152535460100 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Frank Clark to KC!
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:30 AM 04-23-2019

Sources: The #Seahawks and #Chiefs are deep in talks on a trade to send star Frank Clark to KC. The compensation would include a 1st rounder, a 2020 2nd rounder and a swap of mid-rounders. To complete it, the franchise tagged player and Chiefs must hammer out a deal.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2019

[Reply]
Best22 02:28 PM 04-23-2019
Not sure what players are available in the 2nd round. Probably a starter caliber player (especially considering our defense)
[Reply]
Iczer 02:28 PM 04-23-2019
After watching Clark's highlights from 2018, I feel like I just watched Ford's career highlights. Minus all of the run stops. I'm feeling pretty good about this.
[Reply]
ModSocks 02:29 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
We apparently should have traded up in the 1st.....spending draft picks like we are now....for an unproven player that may or may not be there.
Right?

Just a few hours these clowns were fine starting guys like Ogbah or a player that they all universally hate (Speaks). Now they have a REAL starter and it's a problem.

I swear sometimes i feel like we have dumbest fan base.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 02:29 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Ok, that's quite the overstatement. Ford is a good player and his run defense wasn't nearly as bad as some of you guys say.

We don't have to make bullshit arguments about Ford/Houston to prop the Clark trade.

NFL front offices apparently disagree.

Go look at some of the quotes that are coming out after the deal in comparison do Clark and Ford

Clark : Ford
Mahomes : Joe Flacco

Riddick is vehement about how much better Clark is.

There’s a reason Ford’s comp was what it was.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 02:29 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
I admit that I’m very glass half full with these things, but some people cannot be pleased. You’re mad they made the deal, and you’d be even more upset if they didn’t add a stud pass rusher if they struggled to get to the QB without sending blitzes next season.

At least we don’t have to worry about that now.
I think the problem was there was a school of thought and complacency around the idea that "this defense can't be any worse." And yes, if you're the 32nd ranked defense, that's true. But you can be much worse because the goal is not defensive rankings but giving up fewer points. And whatever you thought about Ford and Houston, the guys made a lot of plays that changed the face of games this past season and forced the other teams to adjust. Do you really think Jones was going to have the success he did rushing the passer without those guys on the edge?

We just didn't have enough talent in my view to be a clear upgrade from last season all considered. Now I'm completely convinced we'll be better and potentially much better.
[Reply]
Iconic 02:30 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
“BuT wE DoN’T hAVe tHe Cap SpaCE tO SigN EVerYoNE”

You can't be serious? Factor in Mahomes at 40m. Chris at 20m. Hill at 20m. Fuller at 15m. Future draft picks. And replacing JAGs who walk.

There is absolutely going to be a problem fitting everyone on the team. Hill has a legitimate chance of being gone.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 02:31 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by Iconic:
You can't be serious? Factor in Mahomes at 40m. Chris at 20m. Hill at 20m. Fuller at 15m. Future draft picks. And replacing guys who walk.

There is absolutely going to be a problem fitting everyone on the team. Hill is most likely gone.
The cap is going to accelerate dramatically with the new CBA. It's a non issue unless you're poor like Davis.

Fuller at 15m? :-)
[Reply]
Chris Meck 02:31 PM 04-23-2019
Ok, that's quite the overstatement. Ford is a good player and his run defense wasn't nearly as bad as some of you guys say.

We don't have to make bullshit arguments about Ford/Houston to prop the Clark trade.
I don't think it is.

He's literally a liability against the run. His best plays as a run defender are when you run away from him. Backside pursuit is pretty good.

I literally watched a Colts slot receiver seal the edge and drive him out of the play.

Try that against Clark.

People ran at will on KC. There's a reason for that.
[Reply]
kccrow 02:31 PM 04-23-2019
I do have an issue with giving up THAT much draft capital AND having to pay somebody. For that price, the Chiefs likely could have gotten up into the mid-teens to take a pass rusher in the draft and had 5 years of low cost. They are getting a very good football player but I don't see him as a tremendous upgrade over Houston so that's where I scratch my head. Injuries can happen to any player, but Houston was every bit as productive on the field and you could have had a young pass rusher learning with him. I like Clark, but if I'm about to hand a guy 105 million I'm not also trading two starting caliber draft picks away to get him. The plus is that Clark is only 25 and he's definitely a consistently good player. Let's hope it stays that way.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:31 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I am too.

People wanted a stud pass rusher, but didn't want to pay anything for him. They expected to draft Derrick Thomas at #29.

We just got a sure thing, not a projection for that pick and all we had to give up was an extra second NEXT YEAR. Which I think they value at the same as a 3rd THIS year.

Yeah, we have to pay him. Well, that's why we cleared cap space.

I think for a lot of people it's just that they haven't heard of him. If it was Clowney, they'd be all high-fiving each other.

Reality is: Clark is BETTER.
Good Lord, NO, I would NOT want Clowney.
[Reply]
ModSocks 02:31 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
NFL front offices apparently disagree.

Go look at some of the quotes that are coming out after the deal in comparison do Clark and Ford

Clark : Ford
Mahomes : Joe Flacco

Riddick is vehement about how much better Clark is.

There’s a reason Ford’s comp was what it was.
I never said Clark wasn't better.

I said, "Ford isn't 50% of Clark" is a bunch of hyperbole.

That's ridiculous. And Ford's run defense is completely over blown.

No, run defense may not be his forte, but his lack of run D is being completely overblown.
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:32 PM 04-23-2019
You can't be serious? Factor in Mahomes at 40m. Chris at 20m. Hill at 20m. Fuller at 15m. Future draft picks. And replacing JAGs who walk.

There is absolutely going to be a problem fitting everyone on the team. Hill is most likely gone.
Hill is a question mark at this point. No one knows what's going to happen to him. And Kendall Fuller as the highest paid CB in the game? Fucking doubtful. He'd have to have a HUGE year for that to happen.
[Reply]
Simply Red 02:33 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Think of it like this:

The overwhelming majority of people on CP think Clark Hunt is a complete pussy - beholden to the masses of social justice warriors - who just wants to charge more for parking, protect his brand, and make more money.

Take solace in the fact that if he thought Hill were going to be suspended for the bulk of the season and if he thought the PR brushback would've forced him to release Hill, would he have given the okay for the Clark trade? Does it really sound like Clark Hunt to so aggressively toe the line?

I'm not for a second saying Hill is definitely in the clear. But if the odds were 60/40 before, they have to be 80/20 now. And that's a huge win for the team that we should all be excited about, irrespective of your views on this trade.
IIRC Seth Keysor who knows the cap as well as any of us - Literally said (back when Bell was avail) - that KC had the wherewithal to sign PP, Bell and Tank if they chose to.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 02:33 PM 04-23-2019
I never said Clark wasn't better.

I said, "Ford isn't 50% of Clark" is a bunch of hyperbole.

That's ridiculous. And Ford's run defense is completely over blown.

No, run defense may not be his forte, but his lack of run D is being completely overblown.
:-)
[Reply]
New World Order 02:33 PM 04-23-2019

There is absolutely going to be a problem fitting everyone on the team. Hill has a legitimate chance of being gone.
Doubt they'd give Fuller thatm uch

They may draft his replacement this year.
[Reply]
Page 50 of 140
« First < 404647484950 5152535460100 > Last »
Up