ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 651 of 791
« First < 151551601641647648649650651 652653654655661701751 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2019 Free agency Thread
O.city 03:24 PM 02-05-2019
We don't really have one of these yet, so figured we could use this as a place to discuss potential free agent acquisitions and what we would like to look for them to bring in.

If any of you guys are interested, heres a good place to do some research.

https://overthecap.com/
[Reply]
Simply Red 12:31 PM 03-27-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
OL is one place I probably place the least amount of anything on their numbers after hearing Geoff Schwartz talk about it and break down some stuff on his twitter.

I just can't see them going to Reiter a year after he wasn't even the backup.
Reiter did fine when he was w/in his station and is strong enough. - MM was better in space, we def. need someone who's good when they're out of position. (with Mahomes back there)
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:39 PM 03-27-2019
I'd rather have neither and just draft someone if those two were my options. I'd think one of these 2nd round CB's could be atleast what Waynes has been.
Don't disagree.
[Reply]
jdubya 12:46 PM 03-27-2019
Ian Rapoport

Verified account

@RapSheet
Follow Follow @RapSheet
More
Former #Jets RB and now free agent Isaiah Crowell is set to visit the #Raiders on Thursday, source said. Jon Gruden, in particular, is hoping to add him to the RB room.
[Reply]
chiefforlife 01:07 PM 03-27-2019
Originally Posted by jdubya:
Ian Rapoport

Verified account

@RapSheet
Follow Follow @RapSheet
More
Former #Jets RB and now free agent Isaiah Crowell is set to visit the #Raiders on Thursday, source said. Jon Gruden, in particular, is hoping to add him to the RB room.
Crowell is good for two monster games a year. If he signs with the Raiders...which two games do you think that would be....hmmmm.
[Reply]
poolboy 01:09 PM 03-27-2019
Originally Posted by chiefforlife:
Crowell is good for two monster games a year. If he signs with the Raiders...which two games do you think that would be....hmmmm.
no sheet sherlock
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:52 PM 03-27-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I read a report, don't know how true the "rumor" was but this guy basically said the minute Houston found out the Chiefs were walking on Berry he wasn't taking a paycut and basically didn't wanna be here because Berry is his buddy etc etc. And he apparently has ill feelings of the Chiefs for cutting Berry.
The timeline doesn't make sense.

Berry was cut 3 days after Houston and according to Terez, he was completely blindsided by it.

If Berry (and league sources) didn't expect Berry to be cut, how would Houston have ever known? He was already cut by the time Berry was out the door.

Or is there some speculation that they were entertaining cutting him, letting him test the market and then maybe bringing him back? But that option went out the window after Berry's cut?

Eh...can't claim to give a shit either way. It's done and Berry needed cuttin'
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:56 PM 03-27-2019

Sources: Teams are interested in trading for Jets linebacker Darron Lee for the right price.

Story: https://t.co/0B4m9TIiiE pic.twitter.com/ReI6hDh0YE

— Manish Mehta (@MMehtaNYDN) March 27, 2019

[Reply]
Dunerdr 02:06 PM 03-27-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:

Is this piece of shit a fit for us?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:08 PM 03-27-2019
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
Is this piece of shit a fit for us?
Not really.

I guess he'd be another Will candidate but he's honestly more of a 3-4 'Mike' with a more physical guy alongside him in the conventional 'Ted' role.

I don't think he's anything we don't already have, though if we were still in a 3-4 I'd have liked the idea of pursuing him.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 02:11 PM 03-27-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Not really.

I guess he'd be another Will candidate but he's honestly more of a 3-4 'Mike' with a more physical guy alongside him in the conventional 'Ted' role.

I don't think he's anything we don't already have, though if we were still in a 3-4 I'd have liked the idea of pursuing him.
Thanks man
[Reply]
O.city 02:13 PM 03-27-2019
Not really.

See, I think it's the opposite. I think he needs to be in a 43 where he can run.
[Reply]
New World Order 02:15 PM 03-27-2019
We need a MLB

Biggest need imo
[Reply]
O.city 02:16 PM 03-27-2019
I would like to have Lee at MLB, with Hitch at Will and (insert whoever) at Sam.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:20 PM 03-27-2019
See, I think it's the opposite. I think he needs to be in a 43 where he can run.
Too many responsibilities in a 4-3 when you don't have another guy back there who can do the dirty work for you. It's partially offset by the even front having another man that could theoretically keep you clean, but I don't think we intend to 2-gap that often so that's not gonna be the norm.

The problem with Lee isn't just that he's a little lighter than I'd like for a 4-3 MLB or even that his baseline strength isn't what I'd want, it's that he doesn't even really want to play physical.

He doesn't have the nose for physicality that will work as a 4-3 MLB, IMO. You've gotta be willing to get dirty and lay a load when the situation calls for it and I simply don't think he plays that way.
[Reply]
O.city 02:25 PM 03-27-2019
Too many responsibilities in a 4-3 when you don't have another guy back there who can do the dirty work for you. It's partially offset by the even front having another man that could theoretically keep you clean, but I don't think we intend to 2-gap that often so that's not gonna be the norm.

The problem with Lee isn't just that he's a little lighter than I'd like for a 4-3 MLB or even that his baseline strength isn't what I'd want, it's that he doesn't even really want to play physical.

He doesn't have the nose for physicality that will work as a 4-3 MLB, IMO. You've gotta be willing to get dirty and lay a load when the situation calls for it and I simply don't think he plays that way.
That may be true. If that's the case though, I don't really know that he has a place in the NFL at LB'er.

Just trade up for Devin Bush and be done with it.
[Reply]
Page 651 of 791
« First < 151551601641647648649650651 652653654655661701751 > Last »
Up