« First < 289339379385386387388389 3903913923933994394898891389 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
O.city 12:43 PM 06-16-2016
Originally Posted by Bowser:
I'll take "People That Just Skim Posts" for $1000, Alex
Ive read them. I saw you give him credit.

But we have some saying it wasn't a big deal to sign manning or whatever.

I have no doubt manning helped bring in free agents. Of course it did. But if that's all it takes, why haven't these big free agents splurges worked elsewhere?
[Reply]
vailpass 12:44 PM 06-16-2016
I bet I can go back and find an equally impressive fluff piece on Scott Pioli that the Chiefs wrote about him back then, lol.
Elway has overseen a drastic turnaround in which Denver has tied for the second-most overall wins (49) in the NFL since 2011 while capturing four consecutive AFC West Division titles for the first time in team history. As the next step toward bringing a World Championship back...

No you can't.
[Reply]
Bowser 12:45 PM 06-16-2016
Originally Posted by O.city:

I have no doubt manning helped bring in free agents. Of course it did. But if that's all it takes, why haven't these big free agents splurges worked elsewhere?
Most likely because most other teams don't pick up free agent quarterbacks that are sure fire first ballot Hall of Famers.
[Reply]
RunKC 12:49 PM 06-16-2016

Like Revis and Browner going to the Pats 2 years ago?
[Reply]
staylor26 12:57 PM 06-16-2016

Signing Manning is a no brainer sure fire organiztion changing move. Let's not pretend Elway didn't have an advantage being apart of the all-time great QB fraternity. Elway gets some credit for that, but it certainly doesn't make him the best GM in football.

What happens if that never happened? If the Broncos had Brock as their starter for the last few years?

Like I said, the best of the best get it done through the draft. Let's see if Elway can do that.
[Reply]
O.city 12:59 PM 06-16-2016
Most likely because most other teams don't pick up free agent quarterbacks that are sure fire first ballot Hall of Famers.
For sure.

But he also brought in the coaches and the organizational stability to allow the pieces to fit together well.
[Reply]
Garcia Bronco 01:08 PM 06-16-2016
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Getting Manning wasn't really a "great" achievement. It was his golf buddy and he just happened to be available. It's not like he found an unknown and hit a home run in the draft.

It's annoying hearing Broncos fans say "Paxton Lynch is gonna be a franchise QB bc Elway knows QB's" when he hasn't even played a down. What's hilarious is these same fans were like knowmo last year and said the same shit about Elway's drafted messiah. Now that he's in Houston he suddenly sucks ass.
Lynch needs at least two seasons of work....at least. And most Donk fans acknowledge that.
[Reply]
BlackOp 01:10 PM 06-16-2016
wordswordswords

Peyton Manning. He was the best recruiting tool the Broncos have ever seen. Do you think DeMarcus Ware, Aqib Talib or Emmanuel Sanders come to Denver if Mark Sanchez of Tebow was your cube in 2012 instead of Peyton? Come on. Listen, credit to Elway for getting Peyton in and signing him, but after that he was on cruise control and let the business run itself.
He's living in the past...Sanders is a Chief without the opportunity to have Manning pad his stats. He didn't go to Denver because of Elway.

Horseface has had a disastrous off-season...that arrogant prick thought Kap would give up his guaranteed money just to come there. ...for half the price.

There is no way to spin leaving your team with Sanchez as the only viable starting QB. None...
[Reply]
Garcia Bronco 01:11 PM 06-16-2016
i just think its funny that Elway hasnt throw a pass in an NFL game in 18 years and hes still giving the West the business.
[Reply]
vailpass 01:12 PM 06-16-2016
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Posts an bio from the Broncos official site to back up his opinion, instead of actually having a rebuttal to a very logical response.

:-)
Doubt John Elway, and Broncos GM will keep proving you wrong

Jeff Diamond is the former president of the Titans and the former vice president/general manager of the Vikings. He was selected NFL Executive of the Year in 1998. Diamond is currently a business and sports consultant who also does broadcast and online media work. He is the former chairman and CEO of The Ingram Group. Follow Jeff on Twitter: @jeffdiamondNFL.

...For Elway, it was a winding road from Denver's two-time Super Bowl winning quarterback and nine-time Pro Bowler to the orchestrator of the team that won it all last season. Amid a successful post-football business career, he cut his teeth in team management when he owned the Colorado Crush of the Arena Football League from 2002-08. He joined the Broncos' front office in 2011 and took full control of the GM duties in 2012. In the following four years under his leadership, the Broncos won four division titles, two AFC titles and Super Bowl 50.

I have to admit that I, like many longtime NFL execs, had doubts that Elway the GM could achieve anywhere near the level of success he had as a player. He had not come up through the NFL front office ranks. I thought he would get bogged down with the nuances of managing the salary cap and following the minutiae of the collective bargaining agreement. I wasn't sure he'd be able to make sound moves overseeing coaching and scouting...

The Broncos under Elway have been among the more successful NFL teams in navigating the often-murky waters of free agency. The Manning signing in 2012 was Elway's best move, but he also signed key contributors in DeMarcus Ware, Aqib Talib and Emmanuel Sanders. He has shown his drafting prowess with picks such as Miller and a pair of fine defensive ends in Malik Jackson (recently signed by the Jaguars) and Derek Wolfe.

Elway made the bold move to part ways with coach John Fox after three consecutive division titles, and he opened himself up to criticism by hiring former teammate Gary Kubiak to lead the Broncos. That decision became a resounding success, too....

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news...e1po7kuwt2o18f
[Reply]
Garcia Bronco 01:12 PM 06-16-2016
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
He's living in the past...Sanders is a Chief without the opportunity to have Manning pad his stats. He didn't go to Denver because of Elway.

Horseface has had a disastrous off-season...that arrogant prick thought Kap would give up his guaranteed money just to come there. ...for half the price.

There is no way to spin leaving your team with Sanchez as the only viable starting QB. None...
except Sanchez isn't the only option
[Reply]
BlackOp 01:34 PM 06-16-2016
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco:
except Sanchez isn't the only option
Really...the other two have never taken an NFL snap. Technically they are an "option"...but a horrible one for team that just won a SB.

Miller just posted...

''I love my Teammates, Coaches, and My Fans' but there is 'No Chance' I play the 2016 season under the Franchise tag,"

Looks like he plans on sitting out unless Horseface coughs up $65 million....

If Brock had accepted Denver's offer....how could they have afforded Miller?

It's interesting that all 3 players that left...have had less than glowing things to say about Elway. Their star player is cropping him out of photos....and is threatening to sit out. Maybe he isn't as "brilliant" as Manning made him look...
[Reply]
MMXcalibur 03:13 PM 06-16-2016
The Broncos are going to be coming back down to Earth, and its going to make putting up with the Bronco bullshit in this area easier to deal with.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 08:45 PM 06-16-2016
Originally Posted by KCtotheSB:
The Broncos are going to be coming back down to Earth, and its going to make putting up with the Bronco bullshit in this area easier to deal with.
I hope so, those guys are annoying.
[Reply]
Garcia Bronco 03:05 PM 06-17-2016
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
I hope so, those guys are annoying.
super annoying
[Reply]
Page 389 of 4885
« First < 289339379385386387388389 3903913923933994394898891389 > Last »
Up