ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1342 of 4898
« First < 34284212421292133213381339134013411342 134313441345134613521392144218422342 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
vailpass 09:03 AM 01-03-2018
Originally Posted by Bewbies:
Brady's contract on the books is quite small. I'm sure it will balloon once he's retired.

Signing a QB not wanted by another team has worked well for KC for decades. More than happy to see the Broncos dust off our old playbook to glory.
I'm not sucking Cousins' dick but he is the opposite of unwanted by the Skins.

*edit* I see superturtle already made this point
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 09:03 AM 01-03-2018
Brady's contract on the books is quite small. I'm sure it will balloon once he's retired.

Signing a QB not wanted by another team has worked well for KC for decades. More than happy to see the Broncos dust off our old playbook to glory.
That's an interesting way to phrase it... I don't know that I would classify Kirk's situation as the 49ers QBs of yesteryear that KC has signed.

And, to the other comment - I don't have Kirk in the top tier, far from it. What I'm suggesting is this...

Kirk is 29 years old and just had his 3rd straight season of solid production. Passing yards in the 4k range and a solid TD/INT ratio. WAS has always been a mess under Snyder. Could Kirk go to one of any 1/2 dozen teams and peform well, helping them win? I think so. He'll be paid incredibly well to do it and he's only now turning 30.
[Reply]
Bewbies 09:06 AM 01-03-2018
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
That's an interesting way to phrase it... I don't know that I would classify Kirk's situation as the 49ers QBs of yesteryear that KC has signed.

And, to the other comment - I don't have Kirk in the top tier, far from it. What I'm suggesting is this...

Kirk is 29 years old and just had his 3rd straight season of solid production. Passing yards in the 4k range and a solid TD/INT ratio. WAS has always been a mess under Snyder. Could Kirk go to one of any 1/2 dozen teams and peform well, helping them win? I think so. He'll be paid incredibly well to do it and he's only now turning 30.
I don't think signing Kirk is a bad move per se. He's a decent QB. Way better than anything you currently have for sure.

The contract he's gonna get is what makes it risky. It's really, really, really going to hamper your roster in a couple years when he and Von are in the $50-$60M in cap space alone.

How do you build a deep roster when 2 players take up 1/3 of the entire thing?
[Reply]
vailpass 09:07 AM 01-03-2018
I don't think signing Kirk is a bad move per se. He's a decent QB. Way better than anything you currently have for sure.

The contract he's gonna get is what makes it risky. It's really, really, really going to hamper your roster in a couple years when he and Von are in the $50-$60M in cap space alone.

Hi. We're Denver. Have we met?
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 09:07 AM 01-03-2018

Drafting extremely well.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 09:11 AM 01-03-2018
Please... when is the last time Denver worried about the salary cap, amirite?
[Reply]
staylor26 09:15 AM 01-03-2018
Go ahead and sign Cousins. You’ll be better, but you won’t even sniff a SB. I see the Broncos being stuck in mediocrity after giving him a huge contract.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 09:20 AM 01-03-2018
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Go ahead and sign Cousins. You’ll be better, but you won’t even sniff a SB. I see the Broncos being stuck in mediocrity after giving him a huge contract.
Ok, thank you.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:22 AM 01-03-2018
Ok, thank you.
Care to dispute that?

What do the Broncos give him that the Redskins didn’t?
[Reply]
ptlyon 09:26 AM 01-03-2018

He can have all the scotch he wants in his meetings with Elway
[Reply]
COchief 09:33 AM 01-03-2018
Originally Posted by KranzDictum:
Wearing my new SB50 shirt. It is like -10 here but it is keeping me warm.
How odd, a gifted t-shirt of a gift...

No one gives any credit to the the Papa John's bowl as a legitimate SB, even Manning could barely stand to hang out and celebrate with his "team" after the "big victory". Newton hasn't run away from a fumble since and even this last weekend bumbled a snap and amazingly is now able to just simply grab the ball off the ground and then easily take it a few yards for a td. Didn't see him jump away from the ball like a scared sissy, he saves those for the super farce when he gets slipped a couple mill on the DL.

Sad to picture your fat ass sitting there with your stupid looking shirt thinking moronic child like thoughts like "wow, we really did it boys!" when it was all just a sham to sell you a product and a story. The NFL even tried to conjure up a nickname for Captain testicle-melon, but no one gave a shit about "The Sheriff" marketing pitch because everyone knew he was a steroid shootin' whiny knob-gobbler. The NFL made it super simple for the previously, and amazingly made illegal again immediately after the SB "win", pick play to guide the living bobblehead through an easy regular season until he needed a few games off to mainline his wife's HGH in prep for his big run.

NFL execs in 2015 "How about if Carolina is up we just have Cam drop the ball and jump away from it?" Exec #2: "What, the fans can't that stupid can they?" Exec #1 "oh yeah, they'll buy plenty of garbage pizza and dorky t-shirts even years later".

Cheers to the basement for the next decade, you have a mess at owner, AFC worst QBs, O-line, D-line, LB outside Von, the worst coaching staff in the NFL, all being overseen by a gang of hardcore booze hounds that are blacked out by 2pm on scotch on the daily with a fresh 5 year deal. There is virtually zero young talent on your team because the drunks can't see straight by the time their draft picks come up so they just yell out "who's tallest QB or biggest OL" and then you wake up with a hell of a hangover and Oz and Mongo as your future. Our backups and our rookie QB just clowned your team in your house and were giggling on the field to close out your season. Hope you're prepared, that shit sandwich Elway and radio have been cooking up is going to last for years.
[Reply]
New World Order 09:38 AM 01-03-2018
Care to dispute that?

They're going to have to gut that defense if they sign Cousins.
[Reply]
vailpass 09:39 AM 01-03-2018
Check out Chiefs fan telling Bronco fan about sniffing a super bowl.
[Reply]
Bewbies 09:42 AM 01-03-2018
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Drafting extremely well.
Elway is the GM. This isn't happening.

Originally Posted by vailpass:
I'm not sucking Cousins' dick but he is the opposite of unwanted by the Skins.

*edit* I see superturtle already made this point
Players that teams want to keep, franchise pieces if you will, do not hit the market. Them not signing him to a long term deal says more about their thoughts about him than people want to think.

Please... when is the last time Denver worried about the salary cap, amirite?
This is true. I'm sure you'll find a workaround a lose a couple late round picks later.
[Reply]
Bewbies 09:44 AM 01-03-2018
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Check out Chiefs fan telling Bronco fan about sniffing a super bowl.
When it comes to knowing what it looks like to not sniff a super bowl we are experts.
[Reply]
Page 1342 of 4898
« First < 34284212421292133213381339134013411342 134313441345134613521392144218422342 > Last »
Up