ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 67 of 101
« First < 17576364656667 6869707177 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2018-19 NHL Season Thread***
Gadzooks 02:44 PM 10-03-2018
The puck drops tonight!!!

Originally Posted by DaFace:
Join My League in the 2019 NHL Bracket Contest!

1. Create a bracket here:
https://cliambrown.com/bracket2019/
2. Copy your secret edit link, and then paste it here:
https://cliambrown.com/bracket2019/league/join/c7vjprb3

You can check out the league members & results here:
https://cliambrown.com/bracket2019/league/r4sb7

[Reply]
GloryDayz 07:19 AM 06-02-2019
Originally Posted by Carr4MVP:
What the heck happened?!!
Perfect storm. Binny had a bad night, a very bad night, silly penalties, the Blues PP lived up to its reputation (both ways), and the Bruins were on their game.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:11 AM 06-02-2019
What? They aren't some super team.
[Reply]
DaFace 09:15 PM 06-02-2019
OK, WTF, Blues?

Who the hell greenlit adding an Enterprise flag to the honor guard? I know it's the stadium, but that's just straight up trashy.
:-)
[Reply]
Rams Fan 12:50 PM 06-03-2019
Originally Posted by DaFace:
OK, WTF, Blues?

Who the hell greenlit adding an Enterprise flag to the honor guard? I know it's the stadium, but that's just straight up trashy.
:-)
Not defending having the Enterprise flag for honor guard, but the family(the Taylor family) that founded and owns Enterprise also owns a part of the Blues, which is a large reason why they are able to spend up to the cap every season.
[Reply]
DeepPurple 01:00 PM 06-03-2019
Binnington played great against SJ and Dallas, but I don't believe he played that well in Boston, he was lucky to get that OT win. I hope they start Jake in goal, he looked good in relief. If you can shut Boston down, they can win without scoring a lot.

[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 01:02 PM 06-03-2019
You start Jake Allen if you want to guarantee a loss in the SCF.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 01:09 PM 06-03-2019
Originally Posted by DeepPurple:
Binnington played great against SJ and Dallas, but I don't believe he played that well in Boston, he was lucky to get that OT win. I hope they start Jake in goal, he looked good in relief. If you can shut Boston down, they can win without scoring a lot.

What the heck is this shit?
[Reply]
Rams Fan 01:14 PM 06-03-2019
Starting Jake Allen, who has only played a period and a half in of hockey in relief over the past 2 months, is a guaranteed way to lose the next 2 games.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 01:22 PM 06-03-2019
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
Not defending having the Enterprise flag for honor guard, but the family(the Taylor family) that founded and owns Enterprise also owns a part of the Blues, which is a large reason why they are able to spend up to the cap every season.
And? That makes it even worse...
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 01:23 PM 06-03-2019
Starting Jake Allen, who has only played a period and a half in of hockey in relief over the past 2 months, is a guaranteed way to lose the next 2 games.
Jake Allen is the Alex Smith of goaltenders.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 01:43 PM 06-03-2019
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
And? That makes it even worse...
Again, not justifying it, just adding more context.

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Alex Smith is at least able to, in a full season, take a team to the playoffs and not have to be pushed by his backup to play adequately.

Allen has to be pushed by a backup and since being in STL full time(2014-2015 to now) has only had any PO success in 1 series in 2017.

In 2015, Allen outplayed Elliott near the end of the season and the performed average/slightly below average in the POs.

In 2016, Elliott played out of his mind from January through the POs, leaving no room for Allen to really play.

In 2017, Allen played well when Brodeur acted as goalie coach and played really well vs Minnesota in the first round as well as being fine vs Nashville.

In 2018, Allen's BS led to the team missing the POs while he was outplayed by Hutton.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:44 PM 06-03-2019
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Brian Elliott was the Alex Smith of goaltenders.

Jake Allen is more akin to Matt Cassel.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 01:59 PM 06-03-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Brian Elliott was the Alex Smith of goaltenders.

Jake Allen is more akin to Matt Cassel.
I was going to say Blake Bortles.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 01:59 PM 06-03-2019
I guess I'm just memeing on the amount of undying white knighting Allen got from the Blues' faithful this year and thus likening him to Smith mostly in that regard.

They also look alike in the face.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:05 PM 06-03-2019
I was going to say Blake Bortles.
That's probably fair.

Allen had more pedigree and brief moments of spectacular success that Cassel couldn't point to. For brief spells Allen looked like a potential superstar who just needed to find some consistency.

And then when the Jags tossed him the keys and committed resources long-term to him, he was exposed as a hack and the biggest weakness on an otherwise contending team.

Yeah, Bortles is a pretty apt comparison.
[Reply]
Page 67 of 101
« First < 17576364656667 6869707177 > Last »
Up