ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>First round options?
Couch-Potato 08:52 AM 04-06-2020
I don't recall a draft in which there were so many players the Chiefs could potentially pick in the first round. Typically we're able to narrow things down to a handful of players but this year it feels like there are ~20+ potential picks. Maybe we should trade back?

In no particular order:

Swift RB
Dobbins RB
Higgins WR
Pittman WR
Raegar WR
Ruiz OC/G
Madabuike DT
Blacklock DT
Murray ILB
Queen ILB
Diggs CB
Johnson CB
Igbinooghene CB
Terrell CB
Gladney CB
Fulton CB
McKinney S
Delpit S
Chinn S
Epenesa DE
Baun DE
Davidson DE

Edited: To include those you felt should be on the list

Questions:

1. Anyone I'm missing?

2. Which of these guys is your pick at #32?
[Reply]
staylor26 08:59 AM 04-06-2020
I feel very confident that it will be one of these guys:

Kenneth Murray
Patrick Queen
Willie Gay
A.J. Epenesa
Zack Baun
Marlon Davidson
Kristian Fulton
Trevon Diggs
Jeff Gladney
Jaylon Johnson
Noah Igbinoghene
A.J. Terrell
Grant Delpit
Jeremy Chinn
Cesar Ruiz
D’Andre Swift
Jonathan Taylor
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 09:07 AM 04-06-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I feel very confident that it will be one of these guys:

Kenneth Murray
Patrick Queen
A.J. Epenesa
Zack Baun
Marlon Davidson
Kristian Fulton
Trevon Diggs
Jeff Gladney
Jaylon Johnson
Noah Igbinoghene
A.J. Terrell
Grant Delpit
Jeremy Chinn
Cesar Ruiz
D’Andre Swift
J.K. Dobbins
Jonathan Taylor
Added to list.

See what I mean?
[Reply]
PHOG 09:58 AM 04-06-2020
I think unless someone falls drastically down the draft order into our laps, a trade down would be most beneficial, according to the talent that will still be available. JMO
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:08 AM 04-06-2020
yeah I'm expecting a trade back.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:12 AM 04-06-2020
A trade back is only going to happen if there is a team that wants to trade up. Obviously that’s a captain obvious take but there are always people that scream trade down without explaining who is trading up and for who.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 11:19 AM 04-06-2020
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
A trade back is only going to happen if there is a team that wants to trade up. Obviously that’s a captain obvious take but there are always people that scream trade down without explaining who is trading up and for who.
This is a point I’m glad you brought up. Too many seem to think there is always a trade-down option available to teams, especially near the bottom of Round 1.

Tons of factors to consider, but nothing is guaranteed that the Chiefs will be in a position to acquire more picks by trading down. The only generic factors working in their favour that can be confirmed are:

- 5th year option tied into a 1st round selection (has value)
- The multi-pick teams in Rounds 2-3 with a need to address the qb position come to mind here after maybe missing out on the top guys (Burrow, Tua, Herbert to a lesser degree)
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:35 AM 04-06-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
This is a point I’m glad you brought up. Too many seem to think there is always a trade-down option available to teams, especially near the bottom of Round 1.

Tons of factors to consider, but nothing is guaranteed that the Chiefs will be in a position to acquire more picks by trading down. The only generic factors working in their favour that can be confirmed are:

- The multi-pick teams in Rounds 2-3 with a need to address the qb position come to mind here after maybe missing out on the top guys (Burrow, Tua, Herbert to a lesser degree)
And that’s all going to depend on if there any QBs available. There could just be no options until the 2nd or 3rd round anyways. Just screaming trade down doesn’t actually mean anything.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:47 AM 04-06-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:

Teams will want to trade up if there’s a deal there. For example, the Chiefs could offer the Jags a trade. The Jags have three 4th rd picks and two 6th rd picks.

You don’t think they’d trade up 10 spots for a 4th and 6th? It’s the first rd. There’s gonna be guys a team would like to trade up for if it’s a cheap move and they have a lot of capital.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 11:50 AM 04-06-2020
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
I don't recall a draft in which there were so many players the Chiefs could potentially pick in the first round. Typically we're able to narrow things down to a handful of players but this year it feels like there are ~20+ potential picks. Maybe we should trade back?

In no particular order:

Swift RB
Dobbins RB
Higgins WR
Pittman WR
Raegar WR
Ruiz OC/G
Madabuike DT
Murray ILB
Queen ILB
Diggs CB
Johnson CB
Igbinooghene CB
Terrell CB
Gladney CB
Fulton CB
McKinney S
Delpit S
Chinn S
Epenesa DE
Baun DE
Davidson DE

Questions:

1) Anyone I'm missing?

2) Which of these guys is your pick?
[Reply]
DrRyan 03:18 PM 04-06-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Teams will want to trade up if there’s a deal there. For example, the Chiefs could offer the Jags a trade. The Jags have three 4th rd picks and two 6th rd picks.

You don’t think they’d trade up 10 spots for a 4th and 6th? It’s the first rd. There’s gonna be guys a team would like to trade up for if it’s a cheap move and they have a lot of capital.
Not nearly good enough to trade down. You have to be getting an additional top 100 pick at minimum to trade down.
[Reply]
DrRyan 03:21 PM 04-06-2020

Swift RB
Dobbins RB
Higgins WR
Pittman WR
Raegar WR
Ruiz OC/G
Madabuike DT
Murray ILB 2
Queen ILB 1
Diggs CB
Johnson CB
Igbinooghene CB
Terrell CB
Gladney CB 4
Fulton CB 3
McKinney S
Delpit S
Chinn S
Epenesa DE
Baun DE 5
Davidson DE

Questions:

1. Anyone I'm missing?

2. Which of these guys is your pick at #32?
My preference :-)
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 03:38 PM 04-06-2020
Originally Posted by DrRyan:
My preference :-)
Lately, I'm thinking I'd really like to see us take a stud LB or RB in the first. It would be a lot of fun to have a real difference-maker there.

Murray, Queen, or Swift would be exciting picks I think, but better depth at RB later in the draft.
[Reply]
Kellerfox 06:30 PM 04-06-2020
Questions:

1) Anyone I'm missing?

2) Which of these guys is your pick?
TCU DT Ross Blacklock has also been mocked to us in the first by multiple people
[Reply]
BryanBusby 07:10 PM 04-06-2020
More likely to trade up than down
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up