ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>What is your perfect world first three rounds?
DrRyan 12:47 PM 03-23-2020
32. Patrick Queen LB
63. Jaylon Johnson CB
96. Van Jefferson WR

For me I think this is it. This looked like a pretty strong possibility less than a month ago. At this point I think Queen is gone 85-90% to be gone at 32 but he does keep dropping in some mocks. Johnson also seems to be moving up too. I like Claypool a lot for the offense but I would prefer a great route runner over anything else at WR.

What say you draftabulators?
[Reply]
ForeverChiefs58 05:55 AM 04-09-2020
1. Kenneth Murray LB
2. Damon Arnette CB
3. Jeremy Chinn S
[Reply]
ForeverChiefs58 07:58 AM 04-09-2020
Originally Posted by ForeverChiefs58:
1. Kenneth Murray LB
2. Damon Arnette CB
3. Jeremy Chinn S
With Chinn being looked at as a LB/S hybrid, this addresses two positions

Every year we need safeties. A starter at safety gets hurt almost every single year.

It solidifies LB help.

Linebacker and Secondary is Chiefs main biggest weaknesses on defense

Helps both run and pass defense.

Other needs are:

OL: A top G/C can probably be had at end of first. But also depth means this could also be addressed first or second day. New territory for the chiefs having the top QB in all of football. Talks of crazy new contract. So I could easily see the chiefs using a top pick to protect that investment.

RB: A top RB at end of first. Also needs to be a good pass blocker. Or chiefs past history of finding one later

TE: A main WR like Sammy goes down, there are a few at position to step in. But God forbid if anything happened to Kelce.
A top TE can be had in top 3 rounds, or also addressed on day two. But a good TE in first 5 rounds could make a world of difference
[Reply]
ForeverChiefs58 10:24 AM 04-09-2020
https://apple.news/AAgM9rzfTPNWmJo59yUGp8w

Great read.
[Reply]
ForeverChiefs58 10:29 AM 04-09-2020
The Chiefs have some glaring weak spots, primarily on the offensive line and the back half of the defense. The lowest average position groups are as follows:

Position (Average player grade):

Linebackers (2)
Cornerbacks (2)
Running Backs (2)
Interior Offensive Line (3)
Offensive Tackle (3)

These results should not be particularly shocking to anyone who follows the Chiefs. There will always be additional factors to consider, but from a pure evaluation of the current roster, we have a fairly consistent view of where the roster is thinnest.

It is worth noting that this only accounted for the two Chiefs cornerbacks on the roster who have starting experience. Two other spots were factored in as zeroes. Additionally, the defensive end position may be an area of concern as it is carried by a high grade from Frank Clark but doesn’t have anyone else with a starter level grade.

The 2020 NFL Draft has shaped up to have some depth at positions that the Chiefs need, but not everything lines up perfectly.

Let’s get the bad news out of the way first: The 2020 Draft is not star-studded at linebacker. After the unanimous top linebacker, Isaiah Simmons, there is a step down to the next spot. Oklahoma’s Kenneth Murray and LSU’s Patrick Queen alternate in that spot, depending on who you ask. Murray and Queen both have legitimate areas they need to improve at the pro level. After Murray and Queen, you have a logjam of linebackers with myriad concerns with only a handful showing glimpses of starting potential.

The second weakest group for the 2020 NFL Draft might just be the interior offensive line class. The interior offensive line class has plenty of solid prospects littered throughout, but it is lacking true star power. Cesar Ruiz is a top name often linked to Kansas City in the first round, but even Ruiz has some questions about his size and ability to hold up against NFL bull rushes. Fortunately, Andy Reid has shown the ability to develop interior offensive linemen, so the Chiefs may find value later in the draft and develop a starter out of them.

The greatest intersection of talent and need for Kansas City in the 2020 NFL draft comes at cornerback. The consensus top corner, Jeffery Okudah, will likely be a top 10 selection. After Okudah, the cornerback class has a handful of potential stars.

C.J. Henderson has been a hot name for the past month. Henderson has great size and athleticism, but questions about his physicality and willingness to tackle may turn some teams off. LSU’s Kristian Fulton has a slight edge over the rest of the group competing to be the third corner taken, but several people have TCU corner Jeff Gladney rated higher. Simply put, there are as many as 10 corners who would be excellent fits-and a potential day one starter- for Kansas City in the first two rounds.

While the positional value will be debated, the 2020 NFL Draft has a class of running backs who could come in and make the Chiefs offense even more dangerous. The group is headlined by a trio of backs offering different things: Jonathan Taylor from Wisconsin, JK Dobbins from Ohio State, and D’Andre Swift from Georgia. All have unique skill sets that would add competition to the backfield in Kansas City. FSU’s Cam Akers, Clyde Edwards-Helaire from LSU, and Maryland’s Anthony McFarland could prove valuable late on day 2.

The 2020 offensive tackle class could also be special. Four offensive tackles should be locks for the first round: Tristan Wirfs from Iowa, Jedrick Wills from Alabama, Louisville’s Mehki Becton, and Georgia’s Andrew Thomas. All four of these tackles would be the top of their class any other year, but they’ve found themselves grouped here. This also pushes a group of solid prospects down. Players like Josh Jones from Houston, USC’s Austin Jackson, and Boise State’s Ezra Cleveland could be tempting at the end of round 1 if other positions are depleted.

Finally, the Chiefs should look for long-term running mate for Frank Clark. The 2020 NFL Draft is lacking in the quicker speed rushers a lot of NFL teams covet, but some intriguing players could fit well in Steve Spagnuolo’s system. Iowa defensive end AJ Epenesa is a player to watch. Despite poor combine numbers, Epenesa had an impressive career at Iowa and showed great technique and the potential to set the edge well. Yetur Gross-Matos (Penn State) and Zack Baun (Wisconsin) could be interesting projects to develop. There are also a handful of players, like Tennessee’s Darrell Taylor, who could be day 2 values with high upside.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 12:36 PM 04-09-2020
Originally Posted by Wilson8:
Plan A
1 (32) CB Trevon Diggs, Alabama
2 (63) WR/TE Chase Claypool, Notre Dame
3 (96) LB Troy Dye, Oregon

Plan B
1 (32) CB Jeff Gladney, TCU
2 (63) WR Michael Pittman Jr, USC
3 (96) LB Jordyn Brooks, Texas Tech

Plan C
1 (32) LB Patrick Queen, LSU
2 (63) CB Bryce Hall, Virginia
3 (96) WR Van Jefferson, Florida

All of these football players have been tracked to Chiefs visits.

Sign me up for Plan B.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 12:54 PM 04-09-2020
With Breeland resigning, this becomes a little more fun.

My first three rounds, I'm looking to fill 3 spots, ideally (no particular order):

- Offensive playmaker
- Back seven centerpiece (3-down linebacker, outside corner, versatile safety)
- Interior OL

I could see that playing out several ways:

Option A - a supremely talented WR falls to 32, and the Chiefs strike to take advantage

1) Justin Jefferson, WR, LSU (Brandon Aiyuk, Denzel Mims)
2) Jordyn Brooks, LB, Texas Tech (Akeem Davis-Gather)
3) Matt Hennessey, C, Temple (Tyler Biadasz, Damien Williams)

Option B - Chiefs add a playmaking LB at 32 to solidify the back 7
1) Patrick Queen, LB, LSU (Willie Jay, Jr., Miss. State)
2) J.K. Dobbins, RB, Ohio State (Chase Claypool, Adam Troutman)

Option C - Lock up the interior OL early

1) Lloyd Cushenberry III, IOL, LSU (Cesar Ruiz)
3) Cam Akers, RB, Florida State
[Reply]
KChiefs1 10:43 AM 04-10-2020
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
With Breeland resigning, this becomes a little more fun.

My first three rounds, I'm looking to fill 3 spots, ideally (no particular order):

- Offensive playmaker
- Back seven centerpiece (3-down linebacker, outside corner, versatile safety)
- Interior OL

I could see that playing out several ways:

Option A - a supremely talented WR falls to 32, and the Chiefs strike to take advantage

1) Justin Jefferson, WR, LSU (Brandon Aiyuk, Denzel Mims)

Option B - Chiefs add a playmaking LB at 32 to solidify the back 7
1) Patrick Queen, LB, LSU (Willie Jay, Jr., Miss. State)
2) J.K. Dobbins, RB, Ohio State (Chase Claypool, Adam Troutman)

Option C - Lock up the interior OL early

1) Lloyd Cushenberry III, IOL, LSU (Cesar Ruiz)
3) Cam Akers, RB, Florida State

I like your plan B.
[Reply]
tyecopeland 11:45 AM 04-10-2020
32: Simmons
63: Ruiz
96: Swift

Lol
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 04:00 PM 04-14-2020
1. CB Diggs/Johnson/Gladney
2. RB Taylor/Dobbins/Akers
3. ILB Logan Wilson

I think Logan Wilson would be so perfect for us. 6'2" 240, fast, quick. Prolific production. Great tackler. A Mike who doesn't have to come off the field on 3rd down. He moves great in coverage and has excellent ball skills. Doubt he's there for us in the 3rd. I wouldn't be the least bit upset if we reached a bit for him in the 2nd. Still should be a good RB left at our pick in the 3rd. Then go interior offensive line in 4 and 5, unless someone too hard to pass up slips.
[Reply]
kccrow 05:02 PM 04-14-2020
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks:
1. CB Diggs/Johnson/Gladney
2. RB Taylor/Dobbins/Akers
3. ILB Logan Wilson

I think Logan Wilson would be so perfect for us. 6'2" 240, fast, quick. Prolific production. Great tackler. A Mike who doesn't have to come off the field on 3rd down. He moves great in coverage and has excellent ball skills. Doubt he's there for us in the 3rd. I wouldn't be the least bit upset if we reached a bit for him in the 2nd. Still should be a good RB left at our pick in the 3rd. Then go interior offensive line in 4 and 5, unless someone too hard to pass up slips.
Wilson is my favorite LB in this draft, overall. He has a bit of everything with no real weaknesses in his game. He ran an average time for an NFL LB (but not slow) and didn't play for a huge program, only real knocks.

If the Chiefs don't go with a speed/coverage LB in 1, I think he should be the guy in 2.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 05:30 PM 04-14-2020
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Wilson is my favorite LB in this draft, overall. He has a bit of everything with no real weaknesses in his game. He ran an average time for an NFL LB (but not slow) and didn't play for a huge program, only real knocks.

If the Chiefs don't go with a speed/coverage LB in 1, I think he should be the guy in 2.
4.6s aren't bad at all for 6'2" 240. And if you watch tape he plays fast. I'm with you, I'm fine with it if we grab him in the 2nd. Plus Donk fans would hyperventilate, which would make it even better.
[Reply]
Stryker 06:33 PM 04-14-2020
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
I like your plan B.
Yes really loving this guy,,,Kareem who?

[Reply]
duncan_idaho 08:33 AM 04-15-2020
Originally Posted by Stryker:
Yes really loving this guy,,,Kareem who?

http://<iframe width="560" height="3...reen></iframe>

Yeah, he’s a beast. Would be a really dynamite fit for KC and give them another dynamic playmaker to keep the offense balanced.
[Reply]
O.city 08:37 AM 04-15-2020
Dobbins or the RB from LSU who's name escapes me would be my ideal 2nd round pick.
[Reply]
ForeverChiefs58 08:42 AM 04-15-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Dobbins or the RB from LSU who's name escapes me would be my ideal 2nd round pick.
The Clyde Edwards guy.

Who would be your first and third?
[Reply]
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Up