ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>First round options?
Couch-Potato 08:52 AM 04-06-2020
I don't recall a draft in which there were so many players the Chiefs could potentially pick in the first round. Typically we're able to narrow things down to a handful of players but this year it feels like there are ~20+ potential picks. Maybe we should trade back?

In no particular order:

Swift RB
Dobbins RB
Higgins WR
Pittman WR
Raegar WR
Ruiz OC/G
Madabuike DT
Blacklock DT
Murray ILB
Queen ILB
Diggs CB
Johnson CB
Igbinooghene CB
Terrell CB
Gladney CB
Fulton CB
McKinney S
Delpit S
Chinn S
Epenesa DE
Baun DE
Davidson DE

Edited: To include those you felt should be on the list

Questions:

1. Anyone I'm missing?

2. Which of these guys is your pick at #32?
[Reply]
kcbubb 06:11 PM 04-09-2020
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
It would be exciting to watch what Andy could do with this guy.

https://youtu.be/rQj0oOEdbtc
I actually am excited about our rbs. Thompson will be better. We get Darrel Williams back. We signed Washington. And then Damien. The group is better than last year... maybe someone late but please don’t invest in a 1st round rb...
[Reply]
Dunerdr 05:55 AM 04-10-2020
Originally Posted by kcbubb:
If there is a cb there that we like, don’t we have to take the cb? What cbs do we have on the roster now? Breeland, ward, Fenton and Hamilton, did I miss someone? That has to be our weakest position group, right?
Well if hes the guy you like, get him. But we dont need a week 1 starter at cb out of the draft right now. We have our superbowl team back minus wiz/ and fuller. We still need depth and development across the board, but we arent hamstrung to a round 1/2 starting type guy. Maybe the guy they really like is super raw, but with no mini camp or true off season they wouldnt have taken him and went with a lower ceiling guy whos technically sound already.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 06:16 AM 04-10-2020
It would be exciting to watch what Andy could do with this guy.

https://youtu.be/rQj0oOEdbtc
Yes it would.
[Reply]
kcbubb 09:16 AM 04-10-2020
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
Well if hes the guy you like, get him. But we dont need a week 1 starter at cb out of the draft right now. We have our superbowl team back minus wiz/ and fuller. We still need depth and development across the board, but we arent hamstrung to a round 1/2 starting type guy. Maybe the guy they really like is super raw, but with no mini camp or true off season they wouldnt have taken him and went with a lower ceiling guy whos technically sound already.
I thought our CBs were probably our worst position group over the course of the season last year with fuller and fuller was probably our best corner. So, we lose our best player (fuller) in our worst position group but don’t need a starter to replace him? At minimum, I think we need a nickel starter, someone who could cover in the slot. Maybe a prospect like Fulton, Gladney, Johnson or Noah... I’m afraid all of those guys will be gone by our 2nd round pick. Maybe if we could slide back a few spots by trading down and take whoever is left over but I don’t think we need to go to that next tier of cb and we need someone who can cover the Edelmans of the league in the slot, a quick twitch guy... if we can’t cover for 2 seconds, how are we gonna get any sacks? Our coverage has to be decent enough to capitalize on all we’ve invested in our d-line.
[Reply]
DrRyan 09:57 AM 04-10-2020
Originally Posted by kcbubb:
I thought our CBs were probably our worst position group over the course of the season last year with fuller and fuller was probably our best corner. So, we lose our best player (fuller) in our worst position group but don’t need a starter to replace him? At minimum, I think we need a nickel starter, someone who could cover in the slot. Maybe a prospect like Fulton, Gladney, Johnson or Noah... I’m afraid all of those guys will be gone by our 2nd round pick. Maybe if we could slide back a few spots by trading down and take whoever is left over but I don’t think we need to go to that next tier of cb and we need someone who can cover the Edelmans of the league in the slot, a quick twitch guy... if we can’t cover for 2 seconds, how are we gonna get any sacks? Our coverage has to be decent enough to capitalize on all we’ve invested in our d-line.
Really not even sure where to start with this post. It might be easier to point of the minimal minor accuracies than point out the faults. But, I'll try to keep it simple though. Fenton nearly without a doubt the slot corner. Fuller was pretty terrible at CB last season and most his time in KC. He looked much better at safety after Thornhill's injury forced the change.

Not sure how you could put the CB group ahead of the LB group as most lacking last season. Every game KC struggled on D it was teams consistently throwing the ball to RBs (and to a lesser extent TE) and watching slow LBs chase RBs from behind, as well as getting gashed up the middle by the run until the week after the Tennessee game.

Overall the CBs played above average the second half of the season. The LBs were not very good in coverage pretty much the entire season.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 11:58 AM 04-10-2020
The Chiefs could trade picks No. 32, No. 96 and No. 138 (743 in value) to Lions for picks No. 35, No. 85, and No. 149 (745.6 in value).

This swap of picks will save the Chiefs roughly $600K in salary cap space when signing their new draft picks.
[Reply]
kcbubb 05:50 PM 04-11-2020
Originally Posted by DrRyan:
Really not even sure where to start with this post. It might be easier to point of the minimal minor accuracies than point out the faults. But, I'll try to keep it simple though. Fenton nearly without a doubt the slot corner. Fuller was pretty terrible at CB last season and most his time in KC. He looked much better at safety after Thornhill's injury forced the change.

Not sure how you could put the CB group ahead of the LB group as most lacking last season. Every game KC struggled on D it was teams consistently throwing the ball to RBs (and to a lesser extent TE) and watching slow LBs chase RBs from behind, as well as getting gashed up the middle by the run until the week after the Tennessee game.

Overall the CBs played above average the second half of the season. The LBs were not very good in coverage pretty much the entire season.
I think that’s fair. CB’s still suck. And LBs do also. I agree with that. Our CB group is really thin and we need to draft some talent early. I think the top group of CBs will be gone by our second pick.
[Reply]
Chargem 04:48 AM 04-12-2020
The Chiefs could trade picks No. 32, No. 96 and No. 138 (743 in value) to Lions for picks No. 35, No. 85, and No. 149 (745.6 in value).

This swap of picks will save the Chiefs roughly $600K in salary cap space when signing their new draft picks.
Seems pointless trading back to not pick up any extra picks, especially when you are saving only 600k?
[Reply]
CatfishBob2 10:04 AM 04-13-2020
I rewatched the SB for the 2nd or 3rd time this morning. After watching Fisher and Reiter get beat like a drum on every snap, I'm not so sure OL isn't a priority over CB.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 10:19 AM 04-13-2020
That DL beat fuckin' everyone like a drum :-)

Sometimes an opponent is just fucking great and they had a fucking great DL. The Chiefs won the SB and nearly kept everyone. They really don't have pressing needs guys.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 10:54 AM 04-13-2020
Here are my top-6 if available at pick #32. Honestly, I like all 3 of the CBs I picked almost equally, which is why I did a top-6 instead of top-5. I'd be happy with any of them. Would likely move Diggs slightly ahead of Johnson depending on his 40 time at his pro day. 4.50 or under and I'd probably move him ahead of Johnson a wee bit. Man, would be hard to pass up Epenesa though. Lots of options.

Swift RB
Dobbins RB
Higgins WR
Pittman WR
Raegar WR
Ruiz OC/G 3
Madabuike DT
Blacklock DT
Murray ILB 1
Queen ILB 2
Diggs CB 5
Johnson CB 4
Igbinooghene CB
Terrell CB
Gladney CB 6
Fulton CB
McKinney S
Delpit S
Chinn S
Epenesa DE
Baun DE
Davidson DE
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 11:06 AM 04-13-2020
If both Murray and Queen are off the board and we have our choice between one of the top CBs (minus Okudah and Henderson of course) and Ruiz, I'd have a really, really hard time making that decision. I'd go Ruiz just because of the depth this draft has a CB. Might be able to get Robertson, Igbinoghene, or Danztler in the 2nd. I like Javaris Davis a lot too. He might be there in the 3rd or 4th. Not as much depth in this draft at IOL.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 12:51 PM 04-13-2020
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks:
If both Murray and Queen are off the board and we have our choice between one of the top CBs (minus Okudah and Henderson of course) and Ruiz, I'd have a really, really hard time making that decision. I'd go Ruiz just because of the depth this draft has a CB. Might be able to get Robertson, Igbinoghene, or Danztler in the 2nd. I like Javaris Davis a lot too. He might be there in the 3rd or 4th. Not as much depth in this draft at IOL.
In the scenario you describe, I’d be as tempted to snag McKinney or Delpit if available. They could play multiple roles in the secondary including coverage backer.

My other desire would be to snatch up one of the top 5 tackle prospects if one fell (Wills/Wirfs/Thomas/Becton/Jones).

I expect Jaylon Johnson and Bryce Hall to drop a lot because of injury/medicals.
[Reply]
kcbubb 10:30 PM 04-16-2020

I’m starting to think we should copy our 2016 draft where we traded back to 37 to pick Chris Jones. We went from 28 to 37 and picked up a 4th and a 6th. We also gave up our 7th in that trade. If we could pick up one of the top cbs around 40 and pick up a 4th and a 6th that would be great. We have 5 picks currently.

Kansas City’s 2020 draft picks
1st round - No. 32 overall
2nd round - No. 63 (from San Francisco)
3rd round - No. 96
4th round - No. 138
5th round - No. 177
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up