ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Staylor26 Round 1 Mock 1.0
staylor26 12:24 PM 04-05-2020
1. Cincinnati Bengals- Joe Burrow, QB, LSU- Not much need for an explanation here.

2. Washington Redskins- Chase Young, EDGE, Ohio St.- Same.

3. Detroit Lions- Jeffrey Okudah, CB, Ohio St.- The Lions night end up trading back here, but I’m not doing any trades in this mock so they stay put and make the obvious choice.

4. New York Giants- Isaiah Simmons, S/LB, Clemson- All (or at least most) signs point to Gettleman going Simmons and adding a much needed chess piece to the Giants awful defense.

5. Miami Dolphins- Tua Tagovailoa, QB, Alabama- There’s a lot of talk about the Dolphins liking Herbert, but I think that’s the Dolphins trying to avoid having to trade up to get their guy.

6. Los Angeles Chargers- Jordan Love, QB, Utah St.- A lot of smoke about the Chargers being in love with Love, and I’m buying it. It would make sense that an AFCW team falls in love with the QB prospect in this draft that most resembles Pat. Lucky for us he won’t be nearly as good in the NFL.

7. Carolina Panthers- Derrick Brown, DT, Auburn- This is a team/pick that’s hard to get a read on. I can see them going a bunch of different ways, especially OT, but for now I’m going to give them the BPA on my board and a guy they’ve been linked to the most.

8. Arizona Cardinals- Jedrick Wills, OT, Alabama- The Cardinals reportedly would love for Brown to fall to them at 8, but since he doesn’t they take the best OT in the draft and plug him in at RT to give themselves and Kyler a good young pair of bookends.

9. Jacksonville Jaguars- Mekhi Becton, OT, Louisville- The Jags always seem to love guys with great size on the OL/DL and Becton just seems like a natural fit. I think they would consider Tua here if he falls like some recent reports suggests, but I don’t see them giving up on Minshew for Herbert.

10. Cleveland Browns- Tristan Wirfs, OT, Iowa- The Browns have had a really good offseason and are probably a LT away from being a QB away from having a great offense :-)

11. New York Jets- Andrew Thomas, OT, Georgia- I think the Jets would love to have a LT in place so that they could just draft Lamb here and give Darnold a fucking weapon that he desperately needs, but with a deep WR class and one of the top 4 OT’s still on the board they cant resist.

12. Las Vegas Raiders- Ceedee Lamb, WR, Oklahoma- The Raiders get their pick of this WR class and go with the guy that can do serious damage after the catch. With a QB like Carr, Lamb offers the most upside IMO.

13. San Francisco 49ers- Jerry Jeudy, WR, Alabama- The 49ers are most definitely targeting a WR with this pick and Jeudy with his incredible route running makes the most sense for a 49ers team looking for a WR to come in and be their #1.

14. Tampa Bay Buccaneers- Javon Kinlaw, DT, South Carolina- The Bucs were hoping one of the top 4 OT’s would fall to them, but they’ll settle for the best interior pass rusher in the draft.

15. Denver Broncos- Henry Ruggs, WR, Alabama- The Broncos wants to give Lock as many weapons as possible and Ruggs is the perfect fit opposite of Sutton. I don’t think Ruggs is a true #1 like some others, but he could be a great #2 or 1b with a guy like that on the other side.

16. Atlanta Falcons- C.J. Henderson, CB, Florida- Corners quickly became the Falcons #1 need after they signed Fowler, and the second best corner in this draft is a good value here. Easy choice.

17. Dallas Cowboys- Kristian Fulton, CB, LSU- Reports are that the Cowboys are looking at WR/CB in the 1st, and after being disappointed with Henderson coming off the board right before the pick, they reach a little to fit their top need defensively.

18. Miami Dolphins- K’Lavon Chaisson, EDGE, LSU- The Dolphins were planning on going OT here, but with another 1st rounder they can afford to take the clear BPA and fill a need at edge rusher. They signed a couple of solid pass rushers, but Chaisson gives them a guy that could develop into a double digit sacks guy on the edge.

19. Las Vegas Raiders- Justin Herbert, QB, Oregon- The Raiders can’t resist Herbert falling into their lap with their 2nd 1st rounder. They’ve had Carr halfway out the fort for over a year and this was the push they needed to get rid of him. He’s traded after the draft and they role with the 2 former Oregon QB’s.

20. Jacksonville Jaguars- Jeff Gladney, CB, TCU- The Jags went from having one of the best CB duos in the league to one of the worst really fast. Gladney gives them an alpha in the secondary that can help get that attitude back defensively without all of the extra bs.

21. Philadelphia Eagles- Justin Jefferson, WR, LSU- Wentz did all he could to keep hope alive for the Eagles last year, but he simply didn’t have the weapons at WR to get it done. Jefferson would compliment their two headed monster at TE very well.

22. Minnesota Vikings- Tee Higgins, WR, Clemson- The Vikings uses one the first pick they got for Diggs on his replacement. Higgins poor pro day has many thinking he falls out of the 1st, but in a year where the tape is going to be heavily relied on, the very productive WR still goes in the 1st round.

23. New England Patriots- A.J. Epenesa, DE/DT, Iowa- If this isn’t a Pats type pick, then I don’t know what is. They still haven’t found a replacement for Flowers and Epenesa would give them an upgrade.

24. New Orleans Saints- Kenneth Murray, LB, Oklahoma- The Saints don’t have a ton of needs, and probably would look at a QB like Love here if they were to fall, but since he didn’t, they go with the plug and play LB with sideline to sideline speed and play making ability.

25. Minnesota Vikings- Trevon Diggs, CB, Alabama- The Vikings lost 3 corners in free agency and now have a huge hole to fill there. After trading away his brother, the Vikings take a long press corner in Diggs. Simmer will love his size, athleticism, and ball skills.

26. Miami Dolphins- Josh Jones, OT, Houston- After passing on him at 18, the Dolphins get their RT to protect Tua’s blindside (should they choose to play him there as opposed to LT).

27. Seattle Seahawks- Yetur Gross-Matos, EDGE, Penn St.- Even if they re-sign Clowney, there’s no reason the Seahawks shouldn’t take Gross-Matos here. There’s no way they feel good about that Collier pick right now.

28. Baltimore Ravens- Patrick Queen, LB, LSU- The Ravens are get another team with few needs and they have a top 20 talent fall into their laps at 28 that just happens to fill one of their only needs. No-brainer here.

29. Tennessee Titans- Zack Baun, EDGE/LB, Wisconsin- Baun fits the Belichick/Vrabel LB profile to a T. They’ve been sniffing around on Clowney, so they clearly want more pass rush on the edge and Baun has the versatility that they love in that system.

30. Green Bay Packers- Denzel Mims, WR, Baylor- I’d be shocked if the Packers don’t give Rodgers an offensive weapon here. With no 1st round talents at TE, they take the best WR no on the board.

31. San Francisco 49ers, Cesar Ruiz, C/G, Michigan- The 49ers are a candidate to trade down here, but with no trades in this mock, they take the best IOL in the draft and fill a huge need there.

32. Kansas City Chiefs- A.J. Terrell, CB, Clemson- The Chiefs are also a candidate for a trade down here, but if they’re stuck they take the consensus best corner available in Terrell as they currently need a day 1 starter there. Terrell has a rough half or so in the NC game but he was nailed otherwise. Plus, who didn’t have a hard time covering Chase/Jefferson in 2019? Cameron Dantzler and thats about it.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 02:08 PM 04-05-2020
I keep hoping that Murray or Queen fall to the Chiefs at 32, if not trade down.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 01:50 PM 04-06-2020
I don't hate it, Value, and its a need.
[Reply]
Up