ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>And the Chiefs select, Anthony McFarland, Jr. - RB, Maryland
Dante84 06:15 PM 03-02-2020
Posted about him in the 2020 Chiefs' interest thread, but figured I'd give him his own thread here.

I think this guys has "Chiefs" written all over him. He is compact, shifty, and accelerates super fast and can slip out of tackles. He is only a Red Shirt Sophomore, and doesn't have a lot of miles or wear/tear. Sounds like he has some issues in Pass Protection, which of course we'd need to get worked out.

I could see us snagging him in the 4th or 5th, but I wouldn't be pissed if Veach decides he's worth a 3rd. I trust the guy who picked LeSean McCoy.

In just 2 years, he has:
Enjoy his highlights below:

#Maryland RB Anthony McFarland said the #Chiefs have paid a lot of attention to him at the Combine. Said he met with them on his first night, and is meeting with their running backs coach later this week.

— Trevor Sikkema (@TampaBayTre) February 26, 2020

[Reply]
YayMike 06:59 AM 03-04-2020
Being a Maryland local, let me tell you this kid is dynamite. However... not sure he’d really be the 3 down back we all want. Great to add to the rotation with Williams, but just my thought.
[Reply]
SAGA45 11:10 AM 03-04-2020
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
Not the same imo. Darwin barely, if ever, blocked for Jordan Love at Utah. Mcfarland HAS blocked for his QB and stood up Ok from the highlights I've seen.
McFarland stuns defenders in the hole with that burst/power combo too. Hit him as he accerlarates and he will run through you. Havent seen any of that from Thompson. However, they are similar enough to where the need for both is questionable.
[Reply]
YayMike 12:21 PM 03-08-2020
Originally Posted by SAGA45:
McFarland stuns defenders in the hole with that burst/power combo too. Hit him as he accerlarates and he will run through you. Havent seen any of that from Thompson. However, they are similar enough to where the need for both is questionable.
Depends where he falls. We all agree we need a 3 down back. It depends where Veach sees him and if he thinks he can be a 3DB. I never worry about too many RBs as they are all one hit from an injury.

Now I wouldn’t go above 3rd round on him. I’d rather see another need addressed. Let’s see how things shake out: No secret what I feel this team needs. Cb/ILB/RB/WR.
[Reply]
poolboy 12:55 PM 03-08-2020
I am so down with drafting a stud rb
[Reply]
Dante84 10:29 PM 04-04-2020
I'm still in love
[Reply]
TribalElder 11:38 PM 04-04-2020
in that second video

he seemed nice
[Reply]
KChiefs1 02:09 PM 04-05-2020
Great day 3 pick.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 02:20 PM 04-05-2020
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Great day 3 pick.
He's weak at pass pro, and in the Ohio State vid he hot banged up with a shoulder injury.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 04:10 AM 04-06-2020
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
He's weak at pass pro, and in the Ohio State vid he hot banged up with a shoulder injury.
Not from what I've seen...held his own when needed imo.
[Reply]
neech 03:35 PM 04-06-2020
I prefer Gibson to him.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up