ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 608 of 662
« First < 108508558598604605606607608 609610611612618658 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***The Official MMA Thread***
KcMizzou 08:18 PM 07-08-2010
Excited about an upcoming fight? Want to make predictions, or just give people a heads-up that there are some fights on? We can do it here.

(Also a good place to complain, dicuss, and agrue about the outcomes)
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 04:24 PM 07-27-2019
Originally Posted by jd1020:
I just go directly to the 3 or 4 websites I always looked for links to when I went onto the reddit forum. Generally I can get a good stream between buffstreams and 720pstreams.
Got it. Thanks. Unfortunately I didn't pay attention to what websites the links were taking me to. I'll try those.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 04:45 PM 07-27-2019
Originally Posted by alnorth:
This is clever. Olivier Aubin-Mercier and his coach paid a professional MMA handicapper (one of those Vegas experts who specializes in gambling on MMA for a living) to give them a scouting report on his next opponent.

The sharp handed them back a report that was 5 pages long, and they were shocked at how detailed it was, with many things about his opponent that they hadn't noticed in their own research.
What a great idea. Hard to believe it wasn't standard operating procedure with all of them.
[Reply]
Otter 12:53 PM 07-29-2019
Frankie Edgar is one of my top 3 favorite fighters and it's looking like he's nearing the end of his career. He's going to have to drop a weight class in order to stay relevant. The guy is a pit bull but his size and age seem to have finally caught up with him.

I hope I'm wrong but it's certainly looking that way.
[Reply]
Oscarberg2019 07-29-2019, 01:26 PM
This message has been deleted by Bearcat.
Pants 07:58 PM 07-29-2019
Originally Posted by Otter:
Frankie Edgar is one of my top 3 favorite fighters and it's looking like he's nearing the end of his career. He's going to have to drop a weight class in order to stay relevant. The guy is a pit bull but his size and age seem to have finally caught up with him.

I hope I'm wrong but it's certainly looking that way.
It's possible. But you also have to take into consideration that Blessed makes everyone looks like shit at 145.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:32 PM 07-29-2019
So I've been really paying attention since the off season. Who are the up comers? I feel like Greg Hardy could be something in the heavy weight class. Who else ya got?
[Reply]
raybec 4 11:26 PM 08-17-2019
There were some fantastic fights tonight, once DC started taking those hard hooks to the liver it was over. Diaz Pettis was bad ass but Romero Costa was the fight of the card
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 04:45 AM 08-18-2019
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
There were some fantastic fights tonight, once DC started taking those hard hooks to the liver it was over. Diaz Pettis was bad ass but Romero Costa was the fight of the card
I really like DC, but some of the shit he was saying this week made rooting for Stipe easy. I am a Stipe fan and have been since his first fight in the UFC, but I was torn during the first fight because I really like DC.

Stipe defended the belt more consecutive times than any heavyweight ever, and DC said he acted like a baby by not fighting until he got the rematch. That's just ridiculous. If you have held the belt longer than anyone in the history of the UFC, you deserve an immediate rematch. And DC, and frankly most of the media, kept talking about what would be DC's next fight, kinda like him beating Stipe was a foregone conclusion.

I am thrilled that Stipe won. Diaz looked great after a long layoff. And Romero vs Costa was possibly the most obvious PED User versus PED User fight in UFC history.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 09:49 AM 08-18-2019
I didn't get to see the show last night. Did DC say he was done?
[Reply]
FlorentinePogen 10:17 AM 08-18-2019
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
And Romero vs Costa was possibly the most obvious PED User versus PED User fight in UFC history.
Yeah, lot's of juice in that one. Throwback to the days of Ken Shamrock and Mark Kerr.

Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
I didn't get to see the show last night. Did DC say he was done?
No, he says he's not going to make a decision right now.
[Reply]
jd1020 10:45 AM 08-18-2019
I cant see DC stepping back into the octagon unless its Jones 3 because I don't see Miocic vs DC 3 ever happening, especially not in the immediate future. If the UFC wasn't willing to give Miocic an immediate rematch after their first fight until 2 other options didn't work out then it's hard for me to believe that DC defending one time against Derrick Lewis being enough.

It's Jones or bust imo, and I dont think his family is going to be eager to watch him get murdered again so it's probably retirement. When I saw him taking off his gloves last night I thought he was going to leave them in the octagon and call it.
[Reply]
raybec 4 12:07 PM 08-18-2019
Originally Posted by jd1020:
I cant see DC stepping back into the octagon unless its Jones 3 because I don't see Miocic vs DC 3 ever happening, especially not in the immediate future. If the UFC wasn't willing to give Miocic an immediate rematch after their first fight until 2 other options didn't work out then it's hard for me to believe that DC defending one time against Derrick Lewis being enough.

It's Jones or bust imo, and I dont think his family is going to be eager to watch him get murdered again so it's probably retirement. When I saw him taking off his gloves last night I thought he was going to leave them in the octagon and call it.
As much as he talked about money leading up to this fight, I wouldn’t be surprised if he took another one.
[Reply]
ShiftyEyedWaterboy 02:25 PM 08-18-2019
Best card in awhile. Really happy for Stipe.

Shame Costa got booed. Close fight and he didn't deserve it, imo.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 02:40 PM 08-18-2019
Of course I missed it because the Chiefs were on. Fuck.
[Reply]
jd1020 02:46 PM 08-18-2019
As much as he talked about money leading up to this fight, I wouldn’t be surprised if he took another one.
We'll see. He also mentioned he makes a lot of money outside of the octagon. Dana also left it up in the air as to what Miocic wants so it's not like the offer for a rematch is on the table for DC if he wants it. Miocic will probably want to fight someone else because he was the 3rd option to try and get his belt back.

Just feels like it comes down to retirement or getting his face pounded vs Jones for a 3rd time. I would guess it will be retirement.
[Reply]
alnorth 08:02 PM 08-26-2019
CB Dollaway failed the shit out of a drug test, and is out 2 years. He tested positive for four different banned substances, and a "prohibited method".

CB Dollaway suspended by USADA for two years after testing positive for multiple prohibited substances

DETAILS: pic.twitter.com/DrMdm0xCHf

— Aaron Bronsteter (@aaronbronsteter) August 26, 2019

[Reply]
Page 608 of 662
« First < 108508558598604605606607608 609610611612618658 > Last »
Up