ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 594 of 660
« First < 94494544584590591592593594 595596597598604644 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***The Official MMA Thread***
KcMizzou 08:18 PM 07-08-2010
Excited about an upcoming fight? Want to make predictions, or just give people a heads-up that there are some fights on? We can do it here.

(Also a good place to complain, dicuss, and agrue about the outcomes)
[Reply]
jd1020 10:33 PM 12-08-2018
Gunnar with the submission by hypovolemic shock.
[Reply]
retkim 10:45 PM 12-08-2018
That elbow was nasty
[Reply]
alnorth 07:28 PM 12-10-2018
lol, I was reviewing fight stats and can you imagine being Ortega right now? Dude is very, very good, was undefeated, clear #1 contender in his division....

.... and then the champion punches him almost 300 times in 20 minutes.
[Reply]
alnorth 06:23 PM 12-14-2018
This weekend is the final UFC on FOX before the new ESPN deal kicks in.

Friday

8pm - (Fightpass) - Cage Fury 71

This is a very solid local card, so its unfortunate that they are going up against Bellator tonight.

9pm - (Paramount) - Bellator 212, Primus vs. Chandler 2

Live from Hawaii, this Bellator card is pretty good, capped off with their Lightweight championship fight. Frank Mir in the co-main, and some random Gracie lower on the card too.

9:30pm - (Fightpass) - Friday Night Fights

This is something else you won't watch tonight because of Bellator. I'm not even sure if its MMA.

Saturday

4pm TV - (2:30pm Fightpass/4pm FS1/7pm FOX) - UFC on FOX, Lee vs. Iaquinta 2

We're not exactly going out on a bang because the UFC is saving better fighters for their first ESPN card, but they still gave FOX a better card than I expected before going out. 3 out of the 4 fights on the main card are solid, but the prelims are awful.

9pm - (Fightpass) - Invicta FC 33, Frey vs. Grusander 2

Scheduled to start in Kansas City right after the UFC is done, you can keep watching MMA until midnight. It is invicta though, with their Atomweight championship to end the night.
[Reply]
alnorth 07:39 PM 12-21-2018
There is something called "Island Fights" on Fight Pass right now, but nothing else. There is no meaningful MMA this weekend.
[Reply]
alnorth 06:15 PM 12-23-2018
LOL, our dumb sport has delivered another moment of hilarity.

Jon Jones had what USADA announced was "an atypical test result", but they did not consider it a positive test because the amount of the banned substance was so tiny (a few picograms) that it could have been trace amounts from last year.

Nevada went "wait, what?" and basically said that maybe USADA is right, but they need to have a hearing and call in doctors and experts to tell them if it should be a positive result or not, so they were not willing to license him for next weekend.

So, next weekend's title fight falls out, right? NOPE! The UFC went to California and asked "so, what do you guys think?" and the CSAC said they fully agreed with USADA, their doctors agreed that the amount detected is so tiny that they would not consider it a positive test either.

So the UFC, with SIX DAYS notice, is MOVING THE ENTIRE CARD from Las Vegas, to Los Angeles. lol. I'm sure ticketmaster and the Vegas hotels are going to be thrilled about that.
[Reply]
alnorth 06:27 PM 12-23-2018

UFC has had some wacky turn of events in the Zuffa era but relocation of an entire card on six days notice to a different city/state takes the cake. The ripple effect with regards to tickets, fans, fighters, flights, accommodations etc is absolutely gigantic.

— Ariel Helwani (@arielhelwani) December 23, 2018

CSAC head Andy Foster tells me he was informed by the UFC of their desire to move the card Friday night. Once that happened, he collected all the data and ordered a surprise urine test for Jon Jones. He told me Jones passed that test. Jones is already licensed in California.

— Ariel Helwani (@arielhelwani) December 24, 2018

[Reply]
alnorth 07:05 PM 12-23-2018
The UFC is asking fighters and their corners to still go to Vegas, and then they will load them up on charter planes and fly them to LA.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 08:55 PM 12-23-2018
This sounds like a WWE storyline. UFC is a joke.
[Reply]
alnorth 09:13 PM 12-23-2018
USADA wants us to believe that Jon Jones is the unluckiest fighter in the history of the UFC's drug testing program.

Damn, a tiny bit of this metabolite gets absorbed in his fat, lies dormant for a year, and is released right when they test him. That is some shit luck, right there.
[Reply]
alnorth 09:21 PM 12-23-2018
lol, Gustafsson still doesn't know. He went on a 4-hour helicopter ride over the Grand Canyon right as news was breaking.

The people I’ve talked to close to Gustafsson believe he doesn’t know the location has changed yet (and more importantly why) because he’s still on the helicopter ride.

— Ariel Helwani (@arielhelwani) December 24, 2018

[Reply]
New World Order 09:27 PM 12-23-2018
That's fucking bullshit
[Reply]
Jerm 09:57 AM 12-24-2018
Fuck the UFC, USADA, and CSAC....

This is a joke. They're trying to say the shit in Jones' system is residual from when he tested positive....huh lol?? Come on. It's the same substance, at roughly the same time (for cutting weight), and right around the same trace amount as last time.

This guy is a habitual offender and they're moving a card for him...Tom Lawlor got suspended for 17 picograms (which is less than the rumored amount Jones got caught on) for TWO YEARS as a first time offender.

I really hope Gus kicks this guy's head into the 20th row...
[Reply]
rabblerouser 10:45 AM 12-24-2018
Quick Question :

is the MMA scene as rigged as the NFL seems to be?

Asking for SAUTO.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 10:56 AM 12-24-2018
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
Quick Question :

is the MMA scene as rigged as the NFL seems to be?

Asking for SAUTO.
It's worse.
[Reply]
Page 594 of 660
« First < 94494544584590591592593594 595596597598604644 > Last »
Up