ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 164 of 662
« First < 64114154160161162163164 165166167168174214264 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***The Official MMA Thread***
KcMizzou 08:18 PM 07-08-2010
Excited about an upcoming fight? Want to make predictions, or just give people a heads-up that there are some fights on? We can do it here.

(Also a good place to complain, dicuss, and agrue about the outcomes)
[Reply]
Sfeihc 06:44 AM 08-24-2012
I feel bad for all those who trained and now will not get paid. Jones took $ out of ALOT of peoples pocket that they were counting on having. Pretty brash for a guy who just got popped for DUI a few months ago. Good luck selling his gear now NIKE.
[Reply]
Sorter 07:16 AM 08-24-2012
Originally Posted by Inmem58:
Jones trained to strictly fight Henderson not Sonnen. There's certain strategies that's goes into game planning. If Jones took that not well trained and lost, it would be bad for him and not Sonnen or Dana White. I respect Jones and he's not going to jump in the octagon an chance his belt.
YOu're right, it would look bad if Jones lost to a MW who wasn't even in a training camp on 8 days notice.
[Reply]
Sorter 07:17 AM 08-24-2012
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
Dana White is a selfish ****.

He's been tweeting...."I have a roster full of guys that would fight whoever/whenever."

Yeah Dana......those guys are ****ing scrubs.
Is Chael a scrub? And lol at you for calling any of these guys scrubs/cans/etc.
[Reply]
ChiefRocka 07:19 AM 08-24-2012
Jones should have demanded another 500K and been good with it.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 07:36 AM 08-24-2012
Originally Posted by Jerm:
Well Machida has turned down the title fight at 152 so now it's Bones vs. VITOR BELFORT at UFC 152 for the title.

This is insanity and beyond dumb.

Bones is going to absolutely demolish Vitor.
Weird that he backed out like that. He knew what he was getting after destroying Bader.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 07:39 AM 08-24-2012
Originally Posted by Sorter:
Why lol at me calling any one of those people scrubs? Are you sticking your chest out of your Affliction shirt as we speak because I'm bashing MMA fighters? That's what they are, the guys White is talking about are scrubs. They may be company men, but they are what they are, and most if not all are fighters who Dana is talking about have no business being in the picture for a title shot like your Frank Mirs, Wanderlei Silvas, Forrest Griffins, etc.

No Sonnen is not a scrub, but thanks for making another point .......He's no scrub but Sonnen also doesn't deserve a title shot at the LHW division after moving up from MW and losing embarrassingly in his last match. Sonnen is a very good fighter and when you're competing at a very high level against top notch competition, you need to be 100% prepared because there is very small room for error once those cage doors shut, anything can happen if you're not well prepare for a fight.

Why would Jones, the biggest name in the sport right now, risk sponsorships, money, and his title just to name a few, on a fight where there is no benefit in winning? And have to prepare for Sonnen just a week before the fight? Not to mention the week leading up to the fight there is little training at all, most of the days are for press conferences, media days, fan expos, meet n greets, and other appearances. There's little time for preparation.

It's a lose lose situation. What Dana should have done is....if he's stock loaded with all of this talent that will fight whoever whenever, then he should have stripped the whole match period and replace it with another one with 2 different fighters....it's been done before, maybe not with this kind of lack of notice but it could be done. They'd probably lose less money by doing that instead of just cancelling the entire event.

Dana IMO chose Sonnen because they're talking trash on Twitter the past couple weeks and it went viral, Chael just lost to Anderson in what was one of the most anticipated fights since Lesnar was in the UFC, even though the end result was somewhat disappointing. He just moved to a higher weight class and is already talking shit on the champion in that division and Dana White is trying to capitalize on that.

Dana is simply looking out for Dana. That's all this comes down to....and when he doesn't get an answer he wants he throws a hissy fit like a child and talks shit on his fighters over the interwebs. Jon Jones has made shit tons of money for White and has kept the machine rolling after PPV's dropped in sales due to the Lesnar retirement. Now UFC isn't hurting by any means other than they're TUF cable network show. But the UFC on FOX cards have been crap except the first one and ratings are dropping on that as well. Jones has been a cash cow for White, and he's lucky to have a dominant champ in that star-loaded division like there is with Silva and GSP and now JDS in the HW division. Jones will fight 4 weeks from now. Dana needs to stop bitching, he could had fixed this with no prob.
[Reply]
In58men 08:21 AM 08-24-2012
Sonnen is on a down hill slope in his career. He's desperate, can't you tell? Sonnen is just going for broke now.

He's not a scrub, but he's not the same guy he once was. Dana is pissed he's not getting paid. He's the biggest whiner I've seen in such a sport. Unprofessional and childish. He didn't get his way so he cries. He literally sounds like a spoiled baby. He can go fuck himself. Maybe he'll put together a Liddell/Ortiz 7.
[Reply]
Sorter 08:29 AM 08-24-2012
[QUOTE=CoMoChief;8846954 That's what they are, the guys White is talking about are scrubs.

No Sonnen is not a scrub [/QUOTE]

Wut?
[Reply]
TrickyNicky 08:38 AM 08-24-2012
Wow, they are scrapping the whole card? That sucks.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 08:42 AM 08-24-2012
Wut?
It's a lose lose situation

I was more responding to White's quote of "I have a roster full of fighters that are willing to fight at any opportunity" MOST of those guys are scrubs.

Sonnen is not one of them, but he also doesn't deserve a title shot, and there's little room for error when fighting a top fighter such as him. Having little to no time to prepare for a fight with so much on the line doesn't make sense for the champ, and rightfully so. Dana is being selfish in this case.

He could have replaced both fighters if he wanted, given all of the talent he has or so he says.
[Reply]
raybec 4 08:48 AM 08-24-2012
Anderson Silva offered to step up and fight at LHW to save the card but it was too little too late
[Reply]
Sorter 08:48 AM 08-24-2012
Dana is simply looking out for Dana.
1. Lulz at Affliction comment. Pos rep for you. Seriously. However, fighter bashing (calling them scrubs/cans) is bannable on the forums I frequent.

2. Listen, I understand that this situation sucks for everyone involved. Really, there is no right or wrong answer. I believe that if Jones lost to an out-of-camp Chael on 8 days notice then he doesn't deserve to be the champion. Yes this sport is insane and anything can/does happen. However, with Jones' own issues over "getting fans" and arrogance, it probably would have been better for him to show up and fight someone who wasn't going to have time to prepare at all! You state how Jones won't have time to prepare, but CHael won't either. Additionally, Shael wasn't in camp, in shape, and ready to go for a fight.
3. Yup, it is a lose-lose situation.
4. Both Mauricio e Lyoto turned down the offer to fight him in 8 days. Chael and Weidman were the only ones who offered to fight him. Jones didn't want to fight anybody on 8 days notice.
5. Dana is looking out for himself. He's also looking out for everyone fucking else who worked that event. Fighters are now completely fucked as they won't receive show, win, or bonus pay. They now have to try and schedule their bills/payments/etc. upon them getting bumped to another card. Fine if your Jon Jones, not so fine if not. They have managers, coaches, gym fees, nutritionists, flight bills, visas, so much to pay and now just got fucked. When a whole event is canceled, plenty suffer.
6. Jones is too cocky. :-)

[Reply]
Sorter 08:50 AM 08-24-2012
It's a lose lose situation

I was more responding to White's quote of "I have a roster full of fighters that are willing to fight at any opportunity" MOST of those guys are scrubs.

Sonnen is not one of them, but he also doesn't deserve a title shot, and there's little room for error when fighting a top fighter such as him. Having little to no time to prepare for a fight with so much on the line doesn't make sense for the champ, and rightfully so. Dana is being selfish in this case.

He could have replaced both fighters if he wanted, given all of the talent he has or so he says.
Definitely agree Shael doesn't deserve title fight. However, Jones should destroy an out of camp MW. Maybe you don't understand the difference b/w being in camp shape, both physically/mentally and not is. It is significant, to say the least.
[Reply]
Sorter 08:52 AM 08-24-2012
Originally Posted by Slick:
Weird that he backed out like that. He knew what he was getting after destroying Bader.
He fought Jon on a shorter training camp the first time and didn't like it. Said he wants to get a full one in for hi rematch. Additionally, he had just landed back in Brasil and was heading back home to Belem.
[Reply]
Sorter 11:48 AM 08-24-2012

[Reply]
Page 164 of 662
« First < 64114154160161162163164 165166167168174214264 > Last »
Up