ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 299 of 460
« First < 199249289295296297298299 300301302303309349399 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official Bushwood Country Club Lounge***
smittysbar 11:49 AM 05-11-2008
Okay, here is a place for the Golfers to talk about tournaments, clubs, swing help or thoughts.

Today is the Players Championship, which I think ought to be the 5th Major. Largest pot in the PGA. The daunting 17th, which seems to bring excitement every year. At least we will get to see Sergio blow up yet again.

I am ready to see some water balls!
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 09:34 AM 04-24-2014
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Or, you could just work on your putting

:-)

Yeah, it does read like my putting sucks, doesn't it?

I'm averaging 31 putts over 11 rounds so far this year, with a low round of 27. Not terrible.

Really nothing wrong with the setup I have now, I just like the counterbalanced feel. Had a Del Mar I counterbalanced last year and loved the feel, but decided I wanted something that fit my SBST stroke better.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 09:40 AM 04-24-2014
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58:

I'm averaging 31 putts over 11 rounds so far this year, with a low round of 27. Not terrible..
That seems awfully low.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 09:46 AM 04-24-2014
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
That seems awfully low.
I think it is. The 27 is extremely good. Now, that 31 average is probably somewhat artificially low, as my short game is by far the best part of my game. Lot of up-and-downs and/or short one-putts for bogey.

Example: I one-putted four times on the front nine last weekend, but played those 4 holes in 3 over par - including a 25 footer for birdie.

The rest I could have knocked in with a wedge - all were within 18 inches.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 09:54 AM 04-24-2014
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58:

I'm averaging 31 putts over 11 rounds so far this year, with a low round of 27. Not terrible.

Really nothing wrong with the setup I have now, I just like the counterbalanced feel. Had a Del Mar I counterbalanced last year and loved the feel, but decided I wanted something that fit my SBST stroke better.
That's not "not terrible", that's excellent.
[Reply]
philfree 10:04 AM 04-24-2014
Originally Posted by Jerm:
Anyone here use a Superstroke grip on their putter? If so, how much has it benefited you?

Also seeing a trend of putting belly putter grips on regular length putters...interesting...
I had one put on my Rosa just to see if it made that particular putter better. Since I can't seem to line up that particular putter worth a darn it didn't seem to make much difference. I also picked up a Taylor Made Spider Mallet It's a little longer then a normal putter but it's not the real long one. I'm having a little trouble with my distance on long putts with it but so far from 10' in it's pretty good. Haven't really used it under any pressure though so we'll see.
[Reply]
philfree 10:05 AM 04-24-2014
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
That's not "not terrible", that's excellent.
Yeah 31 a round is pretty damn good. Sounds like he was doing some pretty good chipping as well though if he a lot of 18" putts.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 07:55 PM 04-24-2014
Got about 2 inches of rain today. Just what the fairways needed around here. And tomorrow it will 80*. I want to play, but need to work on the range.
[Reply]
Braincase 07:57 PM 04-24-2014
Prep week next week. Planning my sojourns. Alvamar, Deer Creek, Tiffany Greens, Winterstone.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 08:48 PM 04-24-2014
Originally Posted by Braincase:
Prep week next week. Planning my sojourns. Alvamar, Deer Creek, Tiffany Greens, Winterstone.
BC, do you ever travel to Bella Vista? My brothers and I go every year. 21 of us this year. Cheap golf, cheap lodging. Fun times.
[Reply]
seaofred 08:25 AM 04-25-2014
Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish:
BC, do you ever travel to Bella Vista? My brothers and I go every year. 21 of us this year. Cheap golf, cheap lodging. Fun times.
What courses do you play in Bella Vista? I'm only 45 minutes from there, but have never played down there. Big Sugar Golf Club in Pea Ridge is a nice course and it's only 20 minutes from Bella Vista.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 08:44 AM 04-25-2014
Dogwood, Highlands, Kingswood, BBC, Barksdale. I'm missing a few.
[Reply]
philfree 08:52 PM 04-25-2014
Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish:
Dogwood, Highlands, Kingswood, BBC, Barksdale. I'm missing a few.
Living in Springfield my whole life I've never went and played golf down at Bella Vista. My dad poo pooed it when I was a kid so I never played there. :-)

I did play Deer Lake today though. It wasn't a great round but it was a round. I'm having trouble calculating my stats because I had border line situations. In the end I drove the ball very well hitting 10 drivers with 7 in the fairway. Two of the missed fairways were really well hit and in perfect position. One was hit really well but the way I play 15 at Deer Lake there's not much room for error. The ball had to be 12' from the ground and caught the last limb hanging out of the sinkhole and triple rickashade into the hazard. I smote every driver I hit.

Drive for show, putt for dough. I only hit 8 greens and I had 31 putts. I had one 2 chip and in that process also 2 chips that I putted. I missed what sould have been a gimmie on the first of the day and after I hit two 7 irons with in 10' of the hole I 2 putted both. Also Hit a 7 iron to 15' and missed it. My putting stats aren't reflective of how bad I putted.

In the end I left three birdies on the course and shot a 79. The way I drove the ball and the position I was in I ended up playing poorly.
The scoring shots of 150 yards in just were not good enough.

And that's today's golf.

I remember playing HS golf and my coach asking me what I shot. I said "79 coach!" He said "that's great." The next guy came in and coach said "what'd you shoot Mike?" He said "80". Coach said "that sucks!" :-)
[Reply]
philfree 09:25 PM 04-25-2014
when I was young I looked a lot like Greg Norman except I had freckles. My cousin who I played with today said I look like Charlie Hoffman before he cut his hair. As I look at my old self I think I look closer to Miguel Angel Jimenez.:-) I was thinking about doing an inpersonation of him just for fun. Today while waiting to play a shot I rolled me knees around and I can do it with no problem. Shit he's youger then me. But I look younger then him so I could pull off a Jimenez.

All this really isn't good.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 08:47 AM 04-26-2014
This sucks.

I'm dying to play today, and my playing partner can't.

Such a waste of a beautiful day.
[Reply]
O.city 10:12 AM 04-26-2014
Rainy today here in KC. NO golf today
[Reply]
Page 299 of 460
« First < 199249289295296297298299 300301302303309349399 > Last »
Up