ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3006 of 3903
« First < 2006250629062956299630023003300430053006 30073008300930103016305631063506 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
htismaqe 09:23 AM 10-02-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
you were bragging the other day about how well the NFL was doing and why people can't be more like them, weren't you?

Did you miss the news that a game is being canceled because players on the Titans got Covid?
Postponed, not canceled. We're not there, at least not yet.
[Reply]
dirk digler 09:25 AM 10-02-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Our local pharmacy was shut down for 3 weeks. Local grocers were shut down or limited in customers for several weeks.

It isn't just ****ing bars or movie theaters.
Here in MO pharmacies and grocery stores were designated essential businesses. Restaurants could stay open but could only do take out.
[Reply]
petegz28 09:31 AM 10-02-2020
Postponed, not canceled. We're not there, at least not yet.
Wuhteva....game no be played when skeduled
[Reply]
petegz28 09:33 AM 10-02-2020
Originally Posted by sedated:
Wal-Mart sells things like prescription drugs and food, necessities for every day life. You can't see a difference between that and going to a bar, concert, or movie theater?
So do a lot of other places....

no one is talking about bars or theaters
[Reply]
Marcellus 09:34 AM 10-02-2020
Originally Posted by sedated:
Wal-Mart sells things like prescription drugs and food, necessities for every day life. You can't see a difference between that and going to a bar, concert, or movie theater?
If only that was remotely what he was referring to or said.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:34 AM 10-02-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Here in MO pharmacies and grocery stores were designated essential businesses. Restaurants could stay open but could only do take out.
Several local businesses were subjected to "health" inspections and had to remain closed until they were completed and given the green light.

Obviously, that would never happen to Walmart or Target, no matter how many times they blatantly disregarded their own stated safety protocols.
[Reply]
KCUnited 09:39 AM 10-02-2020
We're back to indoor dining/drinking with capacity limits at bars and restaurants here as of yesterday. Think the criteria was <5% positivity rate for 2 weeks.
[Reply]
O.city 09:43 AM 10-02-2020
That still doesn't address the point of why small retail business were shut down but large retail businesses weren't.

Shops like local butchers and florists were already endangered here. Now they're gone.
I agree
[Reply]
O.city 09:44 AM 10-02-2020
Are you kidding me? Dude, take care.
And of course my grandparents thought it woudl be a good idea to go check on her knowing she has it. Now they're quarantining.

Just not smart decisions.
[Reply]
petegz28 10:06 AM 10-02-2020
Trying to put a bit of lipstick on the pig here...

I don't think we are going to come close to the 400k death toll the "models" were saying we would hit by Jan 1. I haven't been watching the daily numbers as much as I used too but it appears things are getting somewhat better.

Right now the 7-day average of fatalities is at its lowest since July 11th.

I guess that's good
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 10:08 AM 10-02-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Yeah I never understood the difference of being able to go to Wal-Mart but not another small business. It made little sense if any.
Small businesses don't have lobbyists.
[Reply]
Rain Man 10:24 AM 10-02-2020
That still doesn't address the point of why small retail business were shut down but large retail businesses weren't.

Shops like local butchers and florists were already endangered here. Now they're gone.
I'm curious if that's a local thing where you live. Where I live there weren't any different rules in places for small businesses versus chains.

Now, the outcome is the same, because the chains have enough cash to survive and many small businesses don't. And the chains had other advantages of scale that helped them over small businesses. But the loss of small businesses in my area wasn't a result of differentiated treatment that I know of. It was a result of everyone's loss of revenues.

I'm really bummed about it, though. More and more, I dislike large chains and avoid them where I can. But it's hard to do that when they dominate everything.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:30 AM 10-02-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I'm curious if that's a local thing where you live. Where I live there weren't any different rules in places for small businesses versus chains.

Now, the outcome is the same, because the chains have enough cash to survive and many small businesses don't. And the chains had other advantages of scale that helped them over small businesses. But the loss of small businesses in my area wasn't a result of differentiated treatment that I know of. It was a result of everyone's loss of revenues.

I'm really bummed about it, though. More and more, I dislike large chains and avoid them where I can. But it's hard to do that when they dominate everything.
I'm sure that's a big part of it. Every state and in many cases, municipality, responded differently.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 10:33 AM 10-02-2020
Small businesses are hindrances to a certain agenda and large super-national ones aren't.

That's really all it comes down to.
[Reply]
Rain Man 10:43 AM 10-02-2020
I'm sure that's a big part of it. Every state and in many cases, municipality, responded differently.
It's sad to leave my office for lunch these days. Nearly all of the local restaurants within walking distance are out of business. I'm hopeful that they (or new local businesses) will come back when we get through all of this.
[Reply]
Page 3006 of 3903
« First < 2006250629062956299630023003300430053006 30073008300930103016305631063506 > Last »
Up